Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77937 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Bought a second Mace today to modify.  It was actually very easy, just requiring two precise exacto knife incisions along the seams of Mace's robe.  Made those cuts and voila!  All of a sudden Mace has a lot more posability in the lower body.

So I take it that there *is* hip articulation under the skirt and that Mace *will* act as the best pilot figure for his JSF, after all? 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2007, 12:16 AM »
Yes, there is in fact hip articulation.  But the skirt is made from such a stiff plastic that it's probably not going to bend enough to fit this Mace in the Jedi Starfighter.  I think the ideal Mace to use as a pilot might be the one from the Jedi VS Darth Sidious battle pack.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2007, 01:54 AM »
That whole not until 3/25 thing at Target is really pissing me off. I was so frigging close to getting wave 1 today!  >:(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2007, 01:59 AM »
That whole not until 3/25 thing at Target is really pissing me off. I was so frigging close to getting wave 1 today!  >:(

What's the difference between having it now over next week?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2007, 10:32 AM »
I really don't understand what Target's idea is with the street date. It's written nowhere on the box that they're to be held in back until that date. It's their own date I suppose... maybe when they redo the action figure section.

Still, I think it has a lot to do with meeting the right redshirt. Sometimes you'll find one that'll help you and others that won't or flat out lie. I figure they'd want to sell goods now, not later when these are being put on pegs slowly at other Targets, TRUs, and now WMs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2007, 10:47 AM »

Still, I think it has a lot to do with meeting the right redshirt. Sometimes you'll find one that'll help you and others that won't or flat out lie.

When looking for the first wave of each line over the past bunch of years including SAGA, OTC, EI, SAGA2, I have heard each time from a Walmart employee or a Target employee that "The line has been discontinued".  Why?  Because they didn't want to be bothered.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2007, 11:12 AM »

Still, I think it has a lot to do with meeting the right redshirt. Sometimes you'll find one that'll help you and others that won't or flat out lie.

When looking for the first wave of each line over the past bunch of years including SAGA, OTC, EI, SAGA2, I have heard each time from a Walmart employee or a Target employee that "The line has been discontinued".  Why?  Because they didn't want to be bothered.

Pretty helpful employees that want to help their company succeed.  ::) Blatant lying is not the way to go though. But still, I'm sure these employees see adult SW collectors and think scalper or something. I know from working at a TRU that some employees are unwilling to help those people or will purposely bend a card as they scan an item. That bugs me if some employee assumes you are going to turn around and scalp these when you took the time to pick the nicest card (if you're a carded collector).

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Pretty helpful employees that want to help their company succeed.  ::) Blatant lying is not the way to go though. But still, I'm sure these employees see adult SW collectors and think scalper or something. I know from working at a TRU that some employees are unwilling to help those people or will purposely bend a card as they scan an item. That bugs me if some employee assumes you are going to turn around and scalp these when you took the time to pick the nicest card (if you're a carded collector).

This REALLY bugs me too as I am a mostly MOC collector. The first time I found Wave 5 of SAGA2 all together at a Walmart, the cashier flailed around the first three figures until I finally tried to say, 'stop.' Did she listen? Of course not. So I took half of the wave (the undamaged part) to layaway, where they were extremely helpful. The lady helping me there had a husband who collected MOC Star Wars as well. It was a whole different experience in the same store on the same day!

Im going shopping for Wave 1 today, and I aint stopping until Ive got some new figs! So if there are an SJ Target, TRU, or WM employees reading this then - PLEASE BE HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2007, 11:48 AM »
wow i don't think i have ever had any employee anywhere ever ruin my cards when i buy figures. then again it wouldnt matter considering i open almost every figure i buy.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2007, 01:07 PM »
The lying employee is always a great one to run across.  I've seen them so many times that it isn't even funny.  And it's gotten to the point where I will now go out of my way to mess with those people if they do lie to me.  I'll tell them that I know more about the SW toy line than they ever will and I know that they're lying to me.  I'll add that I'll also be happy to go get their manager so that I can tell them that their employee is lying to me to get out of doing some customer service work.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:13 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2007, 02:44 PM »

What's the difference between having it now over next week?
Wouldn't you rather have it now than instead of a week?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2007, 05:31 PM »
still no figures in my town, i think, i will have to wait very long :(
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2007, 05:41 PM »
still no figures in my town, i think, i will have to wait very long :(

Cheer up man, you'll get some toys sooner or later!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2007, 06:13 PM »
The lying employee is always a great one to run across.  I've seen them so many times that it isn't even funny.  And it's gotten to the point where I will now go out of my way to mess with those people if they do lie to me.  I'll tell them that I know more about the SW toy line than they ever will and I know that they're lying to me.  I'll add that I'll also be happy to go get their manager so that I can tell them that their employee is lying to me to get out of doing some customer service work.

and does this ever make them "remember" what they have in stock?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2007, 06:16 PM »

and does this ever make them "remember" what they have in stock?

Doubtful.  Only a salary that they have to earn on commission would achieve that.  For the $8/hour they earn, they could give a rat's ass.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda