Author Topic: Target "Battle of Felucia" Battle Pack  (Read 25922 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Battle of Felucia" Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Street date equals BS--  All that is is that they have to be set by then, if they wanna do it earlier they can. Just got word that one of my local Target just set an End Cap up with these(the Ilum AND Felucia packs).

The store likely won't 'set' it just because someone asked though-they'll do it when they want. If they set past the street date then they're late and could potentially get in trouble. I don't like dealing with the stores' BS lies about street dates so I use the DCPI in various parts of the store until I get what I want. When I got these BP's last weekend, I used the DCPI with the dressing room clerk..who called the appropriate people who then got me what I wanted. I had this street date BS explained to me in full when I called corporate one day. What they tell you is the opposite of what the store tells you. Many a time our local store has nothing to stock by 'street date' because it has been DCPI'd to death(guilty).

If you say nothing(don't ask with DCPI#), you're gauranteed nothing. However if you ask then there's a chance. I like to take it a step further and continue asking DCPI's in different parts of the store until I get what I want-most visits my persistence pays off. DCPIing the late night shift (after 7) seems to work well too, 'cause then NAZI toy managers aren't around usually to stop you with their blitzkreig attacks/tactics(see lies).

Another trick I use occasionally (has worked every time when stores had quantities) was to use DCPI at customer service, if they have none at store ask them to check local stores, if another store has it they've always called that store and asked them to hold it behind the counter at that store until I came to get it ;D.

DS
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:47 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I saw about 15 or so of these still sitting on the shelf this morning.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I picked mine up last evening, and love it. These sets are a great value. I can't figure Target/Hasbro exclusives out- $20 for 5 figures, and $13 for 2, sometimes $13 for 1?  :P

Seriously. I keep saying that it seems like the prices are arbitrary and this give fodder for the thought.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2007, 04:34 AM »
Just picked up a 4th set.  $19.99 is a pretty good price for these clones who are easy to track down.  Damn I wish the treachery on saleucami battlepack was a target exclusive!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2007, 10:56 AM »
I saw it last night and passed on it. Nothing really new enough in it for me to get it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2007, 11:39 AM »
i havent gotten a chance to get to target, but damn i want this set asap!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Target exclusive >:(
possible Ebay time  :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Yet another wonderful conversation with my local Target customer service department:

TARGET DRONE:  Thank you for calling Target, can I help you find something?

ME:  Yes ma'am, I was wondering if you could check and see if you had a particular item in stock?

TARGET DRONE:  Yes sir, what is it you're looking for?

ME:  I have the DCPI numbers for both items...

TARGET DRONE:  That won't help me.  What is the item?

ME:  (knowing this wouldn't end well)  It is a Star Wars action figure 5-pack exclusive to Target stores.

TARGET DRONE:  (short pause)  We won't look for those.  Goodbye.

DRONE HANGS UP

Collecting should not require clandestine operations using "top secret" stock numbers to circumvent stores who aren't even interested in keeping someone's business, much less providing products they're supposed to be selling in the first place.  Oh, and for a much more crass statement, **** TARGET.

In all seriousness, why does Target continue to get one exclusive after another when they treat people who, you know, want to give them money for products like ****? 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2007, 06:01 PM »
That sucks, the only reason why i got the ilum set last night is becuase i called with the number and the lady was really nice and checked the computer. She told me they were int he back and to come in. They would get one out for me once i got there. Sorry man.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2007, 09:19 PM »
DocP, is that the same Target that gave you crap about the Windu BP? It's almost like you quoted the conversation you had with Target over that set. If so, you have some pretty ****** Targets in your area. I've never called a Target CS before, but I've always had success finding an employee to go to the back (even though it takes like 15 minutes).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2007, 02:11 AM »
I gotta say that I have never once in my life had to use a DCPI number to buy an item at Target, exclusive or otherwise.  Never did it.  Give it a week or two with pop-ins to the store every 2 days, you'll get it.  I have always been able to find and purchase no less than 10 of any item, including recent exclusives like the shuttle (found 15 over 3 weeks) and Mace BP (found 20 over 2 weeks).

Everyone just take a breath.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2007, 03:07 AM »
God, Target sucks. That's why IMHO super WMs are better atleast in my area. I got about 97% of my figures last year there. I must get the only good WM in America.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2007, 03:46 AM »
I've had my run-ins with Target employees in the past...  And I can safely say not all areas have Targets that are as well stocked as yours Dressel, trust me...  Around Pitt, and maybe because they are somewhat spread out (that's changing in the coming years though), they tend to come and go depending on what the item(s) are...  The Mace packs went pretty fast at most of them actually so that was one I was glad I didn't snooze on, and the Fisto Fighter went immediately after its first clearance, so you really had to kind of act on that or chance missing it.

The DPCI trick is hit and miss for me, but usually I just try someone in the back, and when that fails go to customer service and ask with some story...  sometimes it has a tinge of truth to it, sometimes not, but all I want to do is spend my money in their store, so I don't see why I should HAVE to lie, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to avoid another trip out of your way there...  Considering all Target stores are 40-ish minutes away at best, I don't like trips there, haha.

I do like their store better than WM though...  Just the fact they're always cleaner and tidier makes me want to shop there more.

I've yet to get out to get my 2 BP's but hope to soon...  I don't like waiting on this stuff.  I've networked for a couple chameleon droids from a friend too so that's cool...  Just hope to get 2 Felucia packs and call it quits on those ones then.

I've gotten the BS from stockboys at Target though...  At minimum wage I tend not to expect a whole lot more than I get...  I always am appreciative when I get help though and try to let their hotline know that so-and-so helped me out too...  I dunno if it pays off for the employee but I like to hope it does.  It did places that I worked anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2007, 11:32 AM »
DocP, is that the same Target that gave you crap about the Windu BP? It's almost like you quoted the conversation you had with Target over that set.

Yeah, it's the same one, although this time was slightly more hostile (the first time around, they at least took the DCPI number; it's like this time once they heard those words out of a customer's mouth, they knew what was going to be asked).  This is, however, the second time in a row that they've been downright rude and obnoxious once the words "Star Wars" are mentioned, so I just don't even know if it's worth asking them anything at this point.

The strange thing is that the town in which I used to live a few years ago was probably the friendliest retailer I've ever been in.  Even when it was something with a street date (such as the Saleucami Clone), they told me they had them and exactly when they would be putting them out.  I'd say only once out of 20 times at that particular Target did I have an employee act hostile toward me, and the other 19 or so ended up with someone at the very least looking in the back. 

My how times have changed, at least for me.  :-\

I've gotten the BS from stockboys at Target though...  At minimum wage I tend not to expect a whole lot more than I get...  I always am appreciative when I get help though and try to let their hotline know that so-and-so helped me out too...  I dunno if it pays off for the employee but I like to hope it does.  It did places that I worked anyway.

Yeah, having had various friends over the years who have worked in retail/food service and hearing the stories of how poorly they are treated and/or paid has really sensitized me to how being polite and nice goes a long way.  Unfortunately, I think that in a lot of cases, people in those jobs are so embittered over the segments of the population who are rude to them that politeness doesn't even register on their radar and possibly even comes across as condescension to them.  Who knows?

Interesting side story I heard the other day: I work with a woman in her early 50's who also collects action figures, and she was talking about how the local TRU had flip-flopped on her within the space of a second a few weeks back.  She was apparently looking at the SW figures and she said an employee came up and said, "Can I help you find anything, ma'am?"  She said she told them that they didn't have it, and the employee said, "Well, maybe I could help you look.  Do you know anything specific about what it is that you're looking for?"  When she said, "I'm looking for Star Wars action figures that come in a case numbered Wave 8, particularly the three varieties of Clone Troopers", the employee's attitude switched from helpful to the default "run-away-and-hide-from-the-collector" attitude and stated, "Everything we have is on the shelves." 

Anyone who thinks that retailers don't look down on adults buying toys is fooling themselves.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2007, 11:39 AM »
You know Doc, just because they say they can't look up the DCPI doesn't mean it's true. I'd verify through corporate that they are supposed to, and then when the person on the phone gives you a hard time, you can take it further and make them do their job.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."