Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66039 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2009, 10:12 AM »
I loved getting to see the preview for the post Super Bowl show.  That looks like it's going to be hilarious.

I've got to say last nights rerun is one of the better ones from this season.  Jim getting Dwight on the stop watch is classic.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2009, 10:40 AM »
**Edited down to avoid total war.  I do enjoy The Office though.  Matt - where have you been the past few days man?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2009, 07:08 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #287 on: February 2, 2009, 12:44 AM »
cool to have a new episode right after the super bowl too bad for me i think it was my least favorite episode ever. If not it's in the bottom 5 for sure. In the discussion this week we talked about this episode getting the show new viewers and i don't think that happened. It was kind of interesting how they handled the big guest stars. I think it worked well for the show, but it was almost like a joke on those people who tuned in to see those stars.

The Michael roast was really uncool. not funny. alot meaner then i think the characters are. Although it was awkward which i normally love, it didn't play out right.

I did have a few laughs like andy misunderstanding what jim and pam were talking about.

well another one in a few days, i'm sure they will rebound Smile kind of a big spoiler for the next episode though. they didn't need to give that away.

on a side note it was cool to see the promo for the pohler show. parks are rec? hmmm......guess it's gonna replace kath and kim. hope it's good.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #288 on: February 5, 2009, 01:35 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Lecture Circuit (Part One)"

Michael goes on a speaking tour of the other branches to explain Scranton's relative success, accompanied by his driver, Pam. Karen is back with quite a surprise. Back at the office, Dwight and Jim - now the heads of the party planning committee - forget a birthday, with severe consequences. Meanwhile, Andy falls for someone he should not.

Part Two next week.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #289 on: March 5, 2009, 02:24 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Blood Drive"

It's Valentine's Day at the office. Michael meets a mysterious woman at a Valentine's blood drive. Dwight and Kevin pair up with single women at the office "Lonely Hearts Party." Meanwhile Jim and Pam are banished from the office for being too publicly affectionate, and have an awkward lunch with Phyllis and Bob Vance.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #290 on: March 5, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Really? They're running the Valentine's Day show three weeks after Valentine's Day?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #291 on: March 5, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Lecture Circuit was originally only supposed to be one episode instead of two, and there was some other scheduling weirdness which led to this one being pushed back.

Good episode, though, late or not.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 6, 2009, 10:49 AM »
When Dwight mentioned his ability to retract his penis, I lost my ****.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #293 on: March 7, 2009, 09:28 AM »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2009, 10:24 AM »
OK, so towards the beginning of last nights episode, when Michael was trying to explain away all the announcements that Charles (his new boss was making) that there was to be no more discretionary spending (parties, etc.); something that Michael was supposed to have announced the prior week, I couldn't help but get the feeling that Michael can't keep going like this.  This is the third boss who he would annoy and would spend his time undermining, but they would tolerate it because of his sales team's performance.  Well, at some point that had to stop.  I guess it was tonight.

I can't believe he quit.  But then again the fun, free-wheeling boss only works if he's given a lot of latitude and still produces results.  The tone of the show has been the paper business isn't doing so well, and then the economy took a downturn, so Dunder Mifflin is going to do the corporate thing and squeeze as hard as they can to wring any bit of inefficiency out.  As much as I'd hate to see Steve Carrell leave, or any of the cast really, I just can't see how Michael can bounce back from this.

Great episode though.  Really reminded me of the British office in the way that Michael spent the whole time trying to keep things cool with his "friends" (his employees) while trying to get his boss to try to reverse a policy, then trying to claim that it can't be done to him since its his branch, and then essentially whining because he doesn't think the company treats him well.
I am not the Stig

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I thought last night's episode kind of sucked.  I didn't really think any of it was funny.  There's no way Carrell is leaving the show, it's just a matter of how they choose to bring Michael back to the office.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I thought last night's episode kind of sucked.  I didn't really think any of it was funny.  There's no way Carrell is leaving the show, it's just a matter of how they choose to bring Michael back to the office.

E...

Oh, I don't think he'll leave.  But if he did, he'd only be the 8th character to do so (Andy, Oscar, Toby, Jan all left the show for a while and Jim, Dwight and Ryan all left the Scranton branch only to come running back).  And that's a problem, to me, having characters keep coming back.

Just seems that after a while someone is going to be tired of Michael's antics and he'll be fired.  Or is he just going to drive Charles nuts because the Scranton branch is too needy, he'll beg Michael to come back, and then quit...
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Carell signed on to do another three seasons before this season started, so he's not going anywhere.  (And this is why the internet sucks--it totally takes the fun out of things like this.)

Love the new dynamic the new guy brings, though.  The office needs a good shake-up, something to set it on it's ear for a while.  And I really like seeing Michael and Jim being kept in check for once in the show's history.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2009, 02:46 PM »
I thought Jim's position as Assistant Regional Manager was more than the title only position that Dwight had (Assistant to the Regional Manager).  Didn't Jan make that position for Jim?  Or is that the point, that despite everything Jim fell for the same thing Dwight did, just a title promotion?
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2009, 05:29 PM »
It was originally just a bull**** title to placate Dwight, but then the thing with Jan and Jim made it seem like there really was something to it.  But now it seems like it was a bull**** title all along. 

Loved the little bit with Jim correcting Charles about it--what a great callback to the early seasons.