Author Topic: Anyone else losing interest?  (Read 17652 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else losing interest?
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2007, 07:42 PM »
I would have said yes to this about the middle of this year, but after seeing next years stuff, that's exciting.

Now I can curse Hasbro for keeping me interested with new cool stuff! I'm sure this year's gonna kill me.

same here. im gonna have to donate a kidney, a lung, and one-third of my liver. and thats just for whats been revealed so far...  :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2007, 08:14 PM »
It's not so much of losing interest as it is impatience. The final 22 haven't surfaced in my area and I am in anticipation of anything NEW on the shelves. I get tired of finding only peg warmers or empty pegs.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Well, I'm going to say this about the 30th I'm seeing way to many repaints for my taste. I'm going to really selective this year no more Vaders,Obi,C3PO, and the rest of the usual repacks/repaints.  They have so many characters they could do, but the keep on pushing these figures on us wave after wave.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 1, 2007, 12:48 AM »
Well, I'm going to say this about the 30th I'm seeing way to many repaints for my taste.

Wait.... What? It looks like you're saying you're seeing too many repaints in the 30th collection? Is that right? Where? They are mostly new sculpts-so where's your repaints :-\?

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 1, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Yeah, that's one of the big positives I've seen so far with what we have seen from the 30AC.  They seem to be keeping the straight repacks to the "Saga Legends" line, and anything that has been done before (such as the Obi-Wan in Wave 1) at least have new parts to them, or something to make them a worthy purchase.  I hope that is a trend we continue to see throughout the year, because the waves we have seen so far look great.

Also, on the topic, I'm definitely not losing interest at this point.  Everything for this year so far looks amazing, and my only problem is figuring out how to afford it all.  I'm really looking forward to the 30AC line, and the vintage figures, and it looks like it could be a great year for collecting.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 1, 2007, 09:52 AM »
If you live in a town with two stores, well, yeah, it's unrealistic to expect to be able to find everything without a little extra help from outside the community. 

Which was exactly my point. I'll wager there's alot of folks like that in here too.
Actually, those cantina tins only hit one of our 4 stores here in the desert in SOCAL..they probably just haven't hit(distributed) everywhere yet. 

Well, Canada is a lot like Siberia, but to qualify:

Walmart: 6 stores in town, 3 more within 1 hour.
Zellers (like a poor man's Target or a rich man's K-mart): 6 stores
Superstore: kinda like Meijers (for the midwesterners): 6 stores
TRU: 2 stores.

So it's not that there's not much here and if it comes, I know about it and usually find it. 

The original point remains though.  Much of this stuff clogs the pegs (rehashes/recards) and that results in waves not making it to local retail.  How do I know?  snowtroopers.ca has store reports from across Canada and I can see what does and doesn't arrive elsewhere.  Those thrice weekly visits tell me what's in the store and what's moving and not moving. 

Anway, I have relatively little to complain about right now as the Endboo wave is clogging the pegs and there are US locales that have little or none of that wave.  Once the last 22 shows up, if it even does (historically we get the shaft on the last 1-3 waves of every series of cards produced), then I'll be happy.  Sort of.  Ok, not really, I'll still be bitching.

As for helping Hasbro's bottom line, that's good for me too, because ultimately I still collect these things, albeit much more selectively than a lot of folks on the boards.  BUT....I don't recall a figure having a two year life span (sorry, I was drinking beer and dating girls during the vintage era, I kept my geek under wraps until after I was married) during POTF2.  Yeah, some were recarded from orange to green holo to maybe a couple getting freeze frames, but not too many.  And that covers the time span from 1995 to 1998 anyway.  I can't really think of an orange carded figure that made it beyond green holo though.  So when I'm seeing a commtech (1998/99) Han coming out in 2006, I ain't buying the 3 month lifespan argument.  That's 8, count 'em, 8 friggin' years.  Time to retire it.  'Nuff said.

I wish I had seen this earlier. The 8 cases Adam is talking about was more like 20. I know because I was there, so was Crunchy Nug, (maybe we left eight) and IMO, that was a total fluke (or because it was the Christmas shipment.) And the reason why they were gone in hours was two fold, because one, when I stumbled upon the booty, I called every collector friend I knew and two, because they were on clearance for $3.50. I think sighting one anomaly during the holiday season isn't a very accurate example of the norm.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2007, 11:46 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 1, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Well, Canada is a lot like Siberia...

I most see Canada sometime, Brent, since you're my northern neighbor. At least then I can see if your comparison is correct since I spent some time out in Siberia... in the winter time, too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 1, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I'm interested again.

Good stuff this year it looks like.