Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 74875 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2007, 03:55 PM »
But I do think they'll still sell, especially to the MOMC crowd where the packaging counts for a fair bit.  They look pretty and stackable, that's gotta count with some.

I think you hit the nail on the head since it was the carded collector in me that was initially attracted to these.  Sharp looking packaging that will stack and display nicely AND only 6 pieces so it is short-term and relatively easy to get a complete set -- wow, the carded completist has reared it's ugly head.  :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking that with the price being around $10 now, you won't see many (or any) of these hitting clearance.  Like everyone has mentioned, these will sell to kids/parents as well, since you can get two figures in a spiffy box for $10.  I'm not sure how many I'll be picking up, but I might get a couple of them.  I could see them appealing to packaged collectors, because they do look pretty nice from that aspect.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2007, 09:40 PM »
They look okay. I am wondering about the Vader/Bow one. Is that the evoultions Vader with Bow or the VOTC one ? it looks like the evolutions one to me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2007, 09:50 AM »
The packaging thing I forgot to even consider...  It's eye-catching for sure.  I am with Brent that they have a lot going for them NOT to hit clearance right now.

I'm sure region is going to play a huge factor though. However, I have a feeling that the biggest problem is going to be clone swapping.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Yeah Anton, I think you're probably right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see figure swapping as people swap out the new Clones for old Clones, especially with a fresh supply of old clones re-shipping in the Legends waves.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 7, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Rebelscum has boxed and loose pics of the 1st Order 66 set with the Evolutions clone decked out in Coruscant shock armor:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #171 on: March 7, 2007, 09:02 PM »
^ I gotta say, he looks pretty sharp.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 7, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Yeah, I think the the Palpatine/Thire and Vader/Bow look pretty good for the most part.  I would be tempted to get them for the clones.  That Vader looks kind of cool with the helmet.  More than likely I will put my money towards the basic TAC 30 line.  But I may pick up a few of these if I can.  I don't like the fact that the Palpatine is not articulated better but they were just trying to put some more clones out and this is what they came up with.  Either take or leave it I guess.  It's just obvious to me Hasbro was not trying all that hard with these 2 packs.  Just trying to put something out there that may sell well.  Clones do.  So...well...there ya go don't cha know?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #173 on: March 7, 2007, 11:22 PM »
"Just trying to put something out there that may sell well."

...um, that's what companies that are looking to earn money do!    ;)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 7, 2007, 11:31 PM »
I have to admit, this guy looks pretty sharp. I'm thankful that he's a commander, so no urge to army build.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: March 8, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Some of them would be nice to have extras but yeah, singles of these will be good for the most part.  Love the packaging on them though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 8, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Yeah, I was initially thinking I'd pass on most of these, but these first two packs do look pretty cool.  I always hoped to get the Shocktrooper commander (Thire), and Bow looks pretty nice as well.  We'll see beyond that, but I do like the looks of these first two packs.  Are these on the way fairly soon, since RS has some pics?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 8, 2007, 09:05 AM »
"Just trying to put something out there that may sell well."

...um, that's what companies that are looking to earn money do!    ;)

I realize it and that was why I wrote that.  It just seems that people were expecting more with these packs.  I was just pointing that out trying to lessen the blow somewhat.  It just seemed like a quick way for Hasbo to put out some more clones with minimal effort.  I can not help but notice some people seem to be very upset with these 2 packs.  Which is fine. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 8, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Personally I was annoyed that they keep re-releasing crappy (and I'm being generous here) sculpts of figures like red robed Palps and EIII Mace.

But since the EIII basic wave was unveiled at Toy Fair, I'm totally pacified.

I can just pass on Order 66 (except Neyo) and buy all the great basic wave figures.  But they hadn't been unveiled yet at the time we saw these Target Order 66 2 packs.  I thought all the stuff was gonna be that crappy, but besides these we're getting some pretty nifty ****.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2007, 12:09 PM »
I've received a few (unconfirmed at this point) reports this week of folks who are finding Targets on the West Coast (CA and AZ) with the 2-packs in the back-room.  All three people who e-mailed had positive DPCI hits, but couldn't actually get them out of the backroom.

087-06-0884 - Order 66 2-Packs ($9.99)

I guess this is just a heads-up to all you "gotta have it now" folks (you know who you are  ;)) as it sounds like these will be arriving with (or shortly after) the big toy aisle reset at the end of March/early April...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender