Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75364 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2007, 12:47 AM »
One of the Targets I went to today had them out on the shelf already.  DCPI wasn't necessary to get them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:47 AM by King_Maul »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2007, 09:06 AM »
I checked both of the Targets in town this weekend, and there was no sign of them.  Actually our closest Target (that we regularly go to), hasn't reset anything yet - and aside from the nerf footballs, didn't even have any of the new Spidey 3 or Pirates 3 stuff out this weekend.  No TAC figures, exclusives, or anything.  Hopefully things will switch over soon, and this stuff will start to show up.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Checked again, the report was not available in any targets in the area.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2007, 12:20 AM »
No street date at targets in my area. Picked up the sets but these would of been better if packed 2 clones to a set.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2007, 12:27 AM »
I went to two Targets today.  The first store had an accomodating clerk who was nice enough to look up the DCPI number and check stock.  He didn't say whether or not they had the Order 66 sets, but his price gun indicated the street date of April 8th.

From there I hit a second store.  What do I find?  One whole set of Order 66 figures.  There certainly doesn't seem to be a great deal of consistency going on at Target about these, but then again it's just an exclusive we're talking about here.  It's not something for a major reset, and I can see why these are making it out onto the floor at some stores.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Cracked all these guys open. Been trying to figure out how to intergrate the non-commaders into my armies since I'm only getting one of each.

The Marine will lead Mace's squad from his BP's packs.
The At-Rt Driver will get one of my At-Rt's and support my Utapau Squads (might have to pick up another At-RT) :P
The Airborne will be a 501st squad leader
The Kashyyyk trooper is the only oddball. Haven't figure out his place. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2007, 05:43 PM »
I went to two Targets today.  The first store had an accomodating clerk who was nice enough to look up the DCPI number and check stock.  He didn't say whether or not they had the Order 66 sets, but his price gun indicated the street date of April 8th.

Same thing i found today. No luck.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2007, 10:50 PM »
 >:( I have yet to see these,or anything from Target.All they have now is some piddly Moff Jerrods(sp) whatever the bloody name he is :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 1, 2007, 10:08 PM »
I purchased the Vader/Bow set from a local collector today. It is very cool, it's the only one I planned on getting, and after seeing all of them in person at the collector's store, I am going to stick to that.

Here's what I think of these sets:

Yoda/Clone Trooper: The Yoda was the worst possible sculpt they could've given us, and it looks like a sick Wookiee threw up on the clone trooper. The worst set of the bunch by a thousand miles.

Obi-Wan/AT-RT Driver: Once again, the Obi is the worst possible sculpt they could have given us. The
AT-RT Driver has been proven by Hasbro to only look good in its movie colors, because the one from the tin was appalling, and I'm gonna call this latest repaint, 'the candy corn clone' for obvious reasons.

Palpy/Thire: Thire is awesome, I really like him, but the innaccurate Palpatine? Come on, Hasbro! You could've at least given us the alternate post-Mace duel headsculpt that is just as easy. That bugs me.

Mace Windu/Marine: I have stated my opinion of this Mace Windu figure too many times to state it again. In short, it's bad. Very bad. The Galactic Marine is a good sculpt but the paint aps are way too cheesy to work. It's not as bad as the candy corn clone, but its not very good. However, this is the second best set out of the six, simply because it's not as bad as the other four 'bad' ones.

Ani/Airborne: The Airborne Trooper just looks hideous. It is not meant to have 501st paint aps, at all. Awful. The Anakin, eh, it could be worse, that's how I'll look at him, because it's not a bad sculpt but its not the best sculpt.

VADER/BOW!!!!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  : Excellent set. The only one that has two good sculpts. Vader is the best possible sculpt around unlike Yoda and Obi, and the Bow figure is, I'll use Hasbro's favorite word, 'sensational.'
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 4, 2007, 12:34 PM »
FINALLY saw 1 today  ;D, but it was the Yoda set :(.  But to top it off someone took out the clone and put in the Green Clone Commander minus Pauldron and Kama and to add insult to injury instead of the clone commander head it had a Saga 2 Sandtrooper head  :-X.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 4, 2007, 06:55 PM »
FYI You might want to check the end caps in front of the registers, I found them there today at my local Target. SO I have a feeling once these are gone..that going to be it..

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 4, 2007, 09:46 PM »
I really think Hasbro put little to no thought on these, the best thing about them is the packaging design. They packed bad repacks with ridiculously made up repaint jobs. It's appalling, if this were Vegas, this'd be a sucker bet. They do it because they know people will buy a dog turd if it had the Star Wars logo on it. People buy them, they'll keep doing it. We can't even get an accurately painted Gree but we can get this tripe.   
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 4, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I really think Hasbro put little to no thought on these, the best thing about them is the packaging design. They packed bad repacks with ridiculously made up repaint jobs. It's appalling, if this were Vegas, this'd be a sucker bet. They do it because they know people will buy a dog turd if it had the Star Wars logo on it. People buy them, they'll keep doing it. We can't even get an accurately painted Gree but we can get this tripe.   
Wow! now dont hold back there...you get two figures for $10 bucks..if they were like 15-20 I would agree..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #223 on: April 5, 2007, 05:44 AM »
I half agree with Schneider, I half don't...

The half of me that does obviously would cite the pack-in Jedi/Sith you get in each set.  Hasbro's got WAY better sculpts of almost all of them at their disposal...  Palpatine and Yoda kind of get the shaft out of the bunch, though Yoda with a nice cloth cloak would really beef up that figure a bit to me...  Anyway though, yeah they all pretty much suck as figures and didn't get much thought from Hasbro.  Throw in Evo Palpatine, Evo Anakin w/Sith Eyes, and the like.  That would've been a fast way to improve the sets in general.

The half of me that doesn't agree is on the Clone repaints...  I totally get why some people hate repaints of Clones that weren't in the movies, but the fact is it's good business sense to DO those repaints because they'll sell well to the majority.  I like them in general (the Clones), and for $10 the packaging, some custom fodder (you maybe don't want), and a Clone you don't have is kind of cool...  Like I said, if they had better Jedi I'd be ecstatic really...  It'd be a much cooler deal.  As it stands now to me, it's just alright...  I don't think Hasbro really only dropped the ball by rehashing the old Jedi figures that at this point they really must know nobody wants.  And that Mace figure for the umpteenth time?  You gotta be kidding.  ::)

But the Clones I love actually... 

I do think that kind of repainting can go too far at some point, and I think given the way the EU clones from the "Final 22" sold it wouldn't surprise me to see Hasbro rethink that stuff sometimes.  At least around me you can find certain ones of the repaints pretty easily.

Still, if it's not an outlandishly dumb looking paintjob or whatnot, I'm ok with it...  It just has to make sense to me.  Like Airborne 501st Troopers, AT-RT Pilots in Utapau paint schemes, a Commander for the Shocktroopers...  Those things are all pretty cool I think.

Plaid Trooper though...  Quite dumb if (when?) it happens.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 5, 2007, 11:22 AM »
They do it because they know people will buy a dog turd if it had the Star Wars logo on it. People buy them, they'll keep doing it. We can't even get an accurately painted Gree but we can get this tripe.   

The dog turd comment is extremely disturbing. Mainly because it's true.

Yeah, I too think that these 2-packs were a perfect place for them to deliver an accurate Gree, good point.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!