Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75060 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Order 66 2-packs
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2007, 10:57 PM »
The Obi-Wan is the #1 "Slashing Attack" version.  :-\

Ah, okay.  Good lookin' out.  I wasn't quite sure which piece of crap that was, since I didn't buy anything but the SA version.  You know, the only one worth the price tag.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2007, 10:59 PM »

Another triple pass (although that Shock Commander might be tempting)

nah shock commander'll just be a #6 shock trooper repack with a red pauldron.  :P SOTS would be nice, but it wont happen...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2007, 11:02 PM »
It's hard to believe that you're even going to need it. 

I don't mind the clones...   :-[

The Jedi will most likely get dumped on to my loose figure "for sale" list, but I kinda dig the Utapau AT-RT Driver and the 501st Airborne Clone (for variety in my army).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2007, 11:04 PM »

Very interesting - I love that they are Target exclusive instead of Wally or TRU - MUCH easier for me to grab via the DPCI trick.   :)

It's hard to believe that you're even going to need it.  It's true that you will, but hard to believe.  Such poor taste in quality (and low standards) we have as a whole, we collectors.

Tell you what Dressel, you don't like them, fine.  But take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass.  I'll agree with you that the choices in figures they used aren't great, even though I do like the idea of pairing up Jedis and Clones.  If you insist on insulting board members, take yourself elsewhere.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2007, 11:10 PM »

Tell you what Dressel, you don't like them, fine.  But take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass.  I'll agree with you that the choices in figures they used aren't great, even though I do like the idea of pairing up Jedis and Clones.  If you insist on insulting board members, take yourself elsewhere.

There's no room in my ass for it.  That's primarily a shot at Hasbro, and secondarily at us for empowering them to make the junk in the first place.  You never do get what I have to say, just like the Watto's thread where the woman beat the hell out of a moron would-be assassin and you reamed me for posting a "fat joke." 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2007, 11:16 PM »
I like the clones but If I want them I can just customize the ones that I will get when the Airborne and Galactic Marine come out. Glad other people like them. Im just wondering what the 1st, 3rd and 6th Order 66 pack are going to be since those are 2nd 4th and 5th.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2007, 11:17 PM »
I notice that the main page says that these 2 packs feature "both repaints and resculpts."  I'm just wondering what precisely was resculpted here?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18 PM »
I like the clones but If I want them I can just customize the ones that I will get when the Airborne and Galactic Marine come out. Glad other people like them. Im just wondering what the 1st, 3rd and 6th Order 66 pack are going to be since those are 2nd 4th and 5th.

Wonder no more:

Yoda and Kashyyyk Trooper (Green)
Emperor and Shock Commander (Red)
Darth Vader and Commander Bow (Black)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2007, 11:20 PM »
I'll pass on all of them then. Thanks for the info.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2007, 11:43 PM »
I notice that the main page says that these 2 packs feature "both repaints and resculpts."  

In the SW.com story, it says:

"The Order 66 series, which includes new repaints and some re-sculpts"

These are only three of the six packs... since we don't know what's in the other three for sure, maybe they have resculpts in them?  Or, maybe it's Hasbro BS?  Guess we don't know for sure yet...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2007, 12:30 AM »
To be honest, I like the clones...  I like the AT-RT Driver because it "makes sense" despite not being in the film...  Same with the others.  I'll pick up the sets hopefully via the DPCI trick, and I tend to make a pile of figures I can donate to this or that, or use for customizing some...  The clones are mine though, and the Jedi I'll simply pass off to someone's kid who wants them.  The sculpts are weak choices for sure, but I've come to expect that in multi-packs generally.

To be honest I was thankful they used good sculpts in the tin sets...  It made buying some of those bearable whereas I was really dreading picking them up to get one figure or two at most.  :(

These seem kind of cool...  About what I was expecting.  To me, it could be worse really and the clones could be figures we already had, like Cody with Obi-Wan, or whatnot.  That would suck really, at least to me. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35 AM »
I don't want to execute Order 66 with the wrong clones, so I will be passing on these and saving for the Comic 2-Packs.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2007, 01:11 AM »
I'm on the fence about these. I like the clones, and I'm sure I could dump the Jedi figures on someone .... but that puts each clone at $13 and I'm not sure I want to go that route.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12 AM »
13$?? Was that the rate? Eh, may have to pass-certainly am considering it anyway.

Like most I like 50% of the pack..so I'll pay 13 for it??!! Ugh. Well, IMO they're 50% better than the tins and at least I'll only get one figure I don't want instead of 3(which kept me from buying those). Will have to make an on-spot decision when the time comes...man, I hate doing those.

DS

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2007, 05:34 AM »
They look pretty cool to have, I hope that they aren't exclusives. Because then they are to hard to get for me again :(

But then again, if I can get them, I will be one of the only ones in Holland ;D
There can never be enough clones.....