Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75063 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #225 on: April 9, 2007, 09:35 AM »
So, should these be hitting today since the "official" date was 4/8, but Target stores were closed yesterday for Easter?  I've thought about running over to our local store today to check, but I'd hate to make the trip if they haven't reset things.  I guess its not the end of the world if I missed these, but I'd probably pick up a couple of them if I found them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 9, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Good call on the Gree guys. That would have been perfect.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 9, 2007, 10:08 AM »
I found these at the front of the store and had to pass.  I can't justify $10 for a repainted clone these days. 

Granted, the packaging was cool as were some of the clones but man, I already have enough ****** ass Vaders, Anakins, Yodas, Mister Windus, -- you get the idea.

I need to save my money for the Salecumi (sp) speeder bikes (and TAC Wave 2) that I'll never find!   >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #228 on: April 9, 2007, 12:18 PM »
If i find these i will prbably buy them. I wont be able to check at a target til wednesday though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 9, 2007, 03:28 PM »
I picked up three of the Order 66 packs at Target today (Thire/Palps, Bow/Vader, and Galactic Marine/Windu).  They were on an endcap at the front of the store (by the checkouts), as others have reported.  I think I'll likely pass on the other ones, but we'll see.  I will admit, even as a loose collector, that they do look pretty spiffy in the "tubular" two pack design.  Although I might be in the minority, I wouldn't mind seeing some OT-based 2 packs like this, if the right figures would be used.  Something like VOTC Han/VOTC Stormtrooper, VTSC Endor Han/VTSC Biker Scout, VTSC Luke X-Wing Pilot/TIE Fighter Pilot, etc.  Heck, the best combo would be super articulated duos of Rebel troops vs Imperial troops - if we ever see Rebel versions done :).  The crappy repacks aside, it is kind of nice picking up 2 figures for $10.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 9, 2007, 07:50 PM »
I scored these a little over a week ago.  They're definitely okay for the price.  But individually?

-Palpatine & Commander Thire - The detail on Palpatine is cool.  I've always liked that about this figure since it was originally offered in the ROTS line.  But it's more like a big chess piece than a figure.  I'd like to see this incarnation of Palpatine revisited at some point in the future.  The addition of the cloak is cool, but I don't really like the fabric.  It's a little too shiny for my tastes.  Something with more of a matte finish would be cool, like the cloak that comes with the Obi-Wan in this wave.  As for Thire?  He's great.  While we didn't see a Shocktrooper with a pauldron or a kama in ROTS, this works.  Especially building it on the ROTS Evolutions Clone.  The only gripe I have is that the chin tends to peek out at the bottom of the helmet.  Otherwise it's all good.

-Anakin Skywalker & 501st Airborne Trooper - This is probably my favorite set in the Order 66 series.  I've always liked this version of Anakin from ROTS.  I thought that the likeness was much better than any other Anakin in the ROTS basic figure line.  And IMO they improved it by ditching the excessive paint around the eyes for this release.  It's not the best articulated Anakin out there, but I think overall that it's far better than the ROTS #2 Anakin that's been re-released numerous times.  The Airborne Trooper is a cool addition to the growing ranks of the 501st.  Sure, it wasn't seen in the movie but the unit is well established as are the Airborne Troopers.  Combine the two and it's a pretty cool trooper.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi & AT-RT Driver - Eh.  This is an instance where Hasbro should have used the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan again.  It's a much better figure than this one.  Especially when you notice details like say, this Obi-Wan doesn't have the right lightsaber hilt in his hand.  The softgoods cloak is something of a saving grace, but it can't save this figure.  The AT-RT Driver is okay.  But it looks so much better in it's green deco from ROTS than in the Utapau colors.  I'm kind of wondering why they lost the strap for the gun, too.

-Mace Windu & Galactic Marine - Well, the 30AC ROTS Mace has really made me rethink how good this Mace Windu figure really is.  I guess the trouble here is what other Mace Windu would Hasbro issue in this set?  They certainly wouldn't want the figure in this set to make the new basic figure a pegwarmer.  The Galactic Marine is a cool figure, but I think that this trooper is going to look somewhat out of place with the other Mace Windu battalion troops.  That is, unless I buy more of these.  And I'm not sure I want to do that.

-Yoda & Kashyyyk Trooper - Blech.  They took what is probably one of the worst Yodas from the prequel lines and put it in this set.  Why?  Why not give us the same Yoda that was in the ROTS edition 30AC tin set?  I would have been much happier with that.  As for the trooper?  Sure, it's the ROTS #41 clone, but the deco is just awful.  It should have been much more like Commander Gree than this.

-Darth Vader & Commander Bow - Well done.  This was done with minimal effort, but Hasbro nailed this set.  The Evolutions Vader is a great choice, especially at this price.  And Commander Bow has already been established with the Dark Horse Purge and Dark Times titles.  Hasbro didn't have to overthink this and as a result it came out great.  Well done.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 07:50 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 9, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Target sucks.

I went out today, looking for these, because it was SUPPOSED to be the shelf date, but once again Target failed me and had NOTHING.

Well, no Order 66. Oh well. I'll return a couple TSCs and titaniums in a couple days at another Target and try my luck there.

At least I found the camoflauge Battle Droids 2-Pack and the Camo SBD!!!  ;D My meager CIS army is happy now!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: April 9, 2007, 09:27 PM »
The Airborne Trooper repaint w/Anakin was, unfortunately, cherry picked from every store I hit...  why?  Why this one guy?  I'm confused on that but these aren't shipping in odd #'s where one's getting shorted so I dunno what this is all about.

Anyway, I got a full set of the others and 2 for my gf's son, but he really wanted the Airborne repaint because, well, that's his favorite trooper sculpt now so he wants all the repaints... S o now I gotta track down 2 of those damn things so I have a full set and he has his one he wants...  I hit 2 Targets today though and neither had a full set of Oder 66 figures.  One did have plenty of most everyone else, but not a full set.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 9, 2007, 10:03 PM »
How many Vader/Bows have you guys been seeing?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: April 9, 2007, 11:20 PM »
I saw 3 today...  It was the Anakin w/whoever (blue Airborne) that was 100% gone, from my personal experience here at 2 Targets in Pitt.  Others though found complete sets really early in the morning at store's opening times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline vadersfist28

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2007, 03:22 AM »
I havnt seen any around my area which i am sadded by cause i really would like to get me a few or well maybe the whole 6 of them.
Get those rebel scum.Yessss Sir

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Don't forget to check the front of the stores for these people. None are being stocked in the SW section. They're on a register endcap with a Transformers exclusive.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Don't forget to check the front of the stores for these people. None are being stocked in the SW section. They're on a register endcap with a Transformers exclusive.

Thats where I found my Mace/Marine set today, which Im very happy with. This set was one of the last few in stock, accompanied by two Thire/Palpy sets with icky gunk crud all over the packaging.

My Mace set was in great shape, though. I really like it. Very nice. Now I'll feel better about tearing open and army-building any Mygeeto Marines I can find, because I'll know I have a galactic marine in a package.  ;)

Vader/Bow's still the coolest, though. Once I find a nice Palpy/Thire set, I'll be done collecting these sets.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I'm glad that I made a special trip over to Target on Monday to check for these.  They had all of them in stock, several of each, that day - and today I stopped in there and there were five sets left on the shelves (1x Vader/Bow, 1x Thire/Palps, 2x Obi-Wan/AT-RT, 1x Anakin/Airborne).  Still some nice sets left (surprised the Bow set was still there), but they really sold well in a day in a half since I was last there.  I don't know if these will continue to ship/be stocked or not, but they seem to have been a success around here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2007, 05:59 PM »
Yeah I'm experiencing similar finds.  I went to the same places in 2 days and they were selling through pretty well.  Only the AT-RT Driver is really getting shafted much, which is odd to me because he's the real "army builder" out of all of them (to me anyway).  Well, so's the Marine and Kashyyk Troops I guess.

Anyway I got a 2nd Marine so I had a nice duo of them.  I'll call it quits at extras there unless I can get some cheaper I think.

And I still need the set that has Anakin & the blue Airborne Trooper in it. :(  I need two and can't even find one.  This sucks.