Author Topic: Six Feet Under: Season Finale w/ Spoilers  (Read 1654 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Six Feet Under: Season Finale w/ Spoilers
« on: June 2, 2003, 01:08 AM »
Anyone else here watch the show? Im a huge fan!

I actually found this season overall to be kind of disapointing, and mostly because of Lisa. I never liked her character like I liked the rest of them. Needless to say, after the season finale tonight, I'm quite happy! Even though I didnt really care for the season in general, I thought the finale was absolutely superb, maybe the best episode of the series.

I loved Claire's trip to the graveyard, and her meeting Lisa and her baby in the mosoleum. It was a great moment when she met her old boyfriend from Season 1.

The direction they are going with Rico is fantastic, and I hope they spend more time with his problems with Vanessa's sister.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Six Feet Under: Season Finale w/ Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003, 11:17 AM »
I caught it.  A great episode.  Nate just keeps spiraling into depression, and I think he might've hit rock-bottom.  It looks like there's a lot of potential for nect season.

And immediately after, I watched the season premier of The Wire.  I only caught the first season in re-runs, but it's really good!  And this first episode was definitely interesting.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Much better ending than last season. When Nate was driving drunk in the car with his Father in the passenger seat and Lisa in the backseat, I kept hoping they didn't end it there with another stupid "Will he die?" Cliffhanger. I swear they did that last season for contract negotiation reasons or something.

This ending was much better. He visited Brenda, but she's got something new with someone else brewing, could be interesting again next season.

I also really liked how the title of the show was Lisa Fisher, but at the END of the show instead of the beginning like it always is. Interesting twist.

Rico's storyline is interesting. I'm glad they're bringing him into the forefront at least a little. They focus too much on the Fishers, and it's nice that they spent a little time branching out. After all, he's a partner now....

I thought at first that the baby in the cemetary was another baby Lisa had had or something, until my girlfriend pointed out that the baby was Claire's. I don't know how I missed that at first, but it was kind of odd to go there I thought.

I wonder what they're going to do with that freaky kid next season. He seemed dissapointed that Ruth got married, maybe he'll leave...or become a psycho or something. Not that he isn't pretty weird already.

Got Clones?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003, 02:22 PM »
Arthur is one of my favorite characters. His insanely proper manner is hilarious.

I wonder where Russell is? When they were doing the promos for the finale, they used a soundbite of Claire saying in a kind of paniced voice "He's dead?". I thought for sure she would be talking about Russell. The promos did a good job of not giving anything away, like the scene with Lisa. When I saw the promo, I thought she was alive, and at the funeral home, but what a great surprise!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."