Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Everything Rebelscum

(1/838) > >>

Hung Solow:
Do you think I should send a egreeting to Philip and the mods, if I get banned.  I just let them know that threatening to ban me is like pissing in the wind.  I own 3 computers, and have access to many modems, plus I work for Time Warner.  I despise idle threats.  I come and go as I please.  If I get tired of them, I simply won't visit any longer.  They should consider themselves lucky that they have me, rather than give me flack.  While I may annoy some, I like to think that I add my own unique flavor.  Would this be too much???  I'm not going to give an official "I'm leaving" statement.  It's lame, and would probably get deleted anyways.   ::)  I don't blame the Nazis for what they did.  Hitler was in control.   I try not to have their mods.  Like Neil Young said... "It'd better to burn out, than fade away".  If anyone wants to add their name, LMK.

dustrho:
"You must do what you feel is right." ------ Ben Kenobi

Angry Ewok:
Yea, Phil threatened to ban me because I refused to remove my signature... It was a WW2 Northern Aviation Poster quote, and just happened to say, "japs" and "Nazis" in it... Phil decided that "japs" was offensive, and said I had an attitude.

I can't say I'm too fond of some of the staff at Rebelscum, so I hardly ever post there anymore.

Morgbug:
What benefit would it have if you did?  Would you get some satisfaction out of it?  Would there be a point other than you can?  

The deal is that Philip is responsible for the site and as such, legally responsible for the content.  I do not agree with lots of what RS is doing right now, but the content that may be deemed offensive, whether you think so or not, is Philip's responsibility.  That the words "Japs" and "Nazis" are deemed contextually offensive or a liability risk is not at all unusual.  Is it correct?  Nope, not necessarily, but hey, run your own site, make your own rules.  When the Japanese veterans society lawyer sends you a letter regarding the "harmful content" of your site, you can take the risk associated with your decision.  Similarly when the Jewish community gets up in arms (or the non-Nazi German community is offended) you can bear the brunt of their anger.  

Are those events happening?  Nope, I seriously doubt it, but in the litigenous US they easily could.  The point is not what you find offensive, it's what the site owner finds offensive.  Try the same stunts at boards you remain fond of and see how long your behaviour is tolerated.  

That said, I'm not much of a fan of RS and haven't been for quite a while.  It's been far too juvenile for this old man for too long.  It's sad, but I've never seen the point of pouring gasoline on an open flame.  

JediMAC:
I say you just let it go David.  They've gotten the point now from a number of different members and former members there now.  It probably won't do any good to just keep harrassing them or fanning the flames (this suggestion goes for everyone here really).  Not to mention it wouldn't reflect terribly well on us here at JediDefender, since you've become an active member over here now.

While we generally don't agree with some of the rules and changes that have been put in place recently at RS, or how they don't seem to care about their forum community there, we don't want to start a "site war" between us and them.

I say we all just let 'em be, and concentrate on continuing to enjoy the great atmosphere, more lenient classifieds, friendly community, and more caring and helpful staff here at JD.   8)

My $.02

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version