Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588566 times)

SilverZ

Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1065 on: March 28, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Don't forget some Walmart exclusive mis-information.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 28, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Some? :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #1067 on: March 28, 2005, 10:03 PM »
I like how he then added what I can only assume to be a response to my work email address being added (unsolicited) to his spam list by saying that they also use email addresses given in give-away entry forms.

Perhaps you filled it out somewhere at one of the local Cons?
I'm sure he's spamming those on that mailing list as well...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1068 on: March 28, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Well, what'd I tell ya?  Not a word of "Well, sorry..." or anything.  Just a big "Go **** yourself" to the crowd.  :)

I don't mind Philip, never have and he and I have always been cordial with each other, but the way he runs that forum is like a site I used to visit for a video game...  It was run by kids, and kids would always run their mouths at the members of the forum, and never showed a sign of appreciation.

The whole thing is a mess though...  They have no business sending Spam...  Nobody needs it to operate except Spammers.  If TRU is giving you the choice of spamming your members or not using their service then call me nutty but I'd not use their service.  That seems just like you're backdooring them by handing out their private information like that.

And for guys like Rob, that's just downright sleezy activity.  No business doing something like that, especially when it can mean a reprimand by the person's employer.  No excuse for that, whatsoever.

And the banned people getting the mail is just proof that they don't have this whole situation as well thought-out as they claim.  If you're banned, it should be your right to NEVER be contacted by the site.  It's almost borderline harassment by the site administration at that point.

Matt, you nailed it on the "boy who cried obsession" too...  Never seen someone so needy for attention as that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 28, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Some one just nailed him on his tens of thousands post. Way to go!

I truly wonder what will come of this.

I just put my rant down.

Lets see where this goes...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1070 on: March 29, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Add Sir Steves Guide to the list of whores sites out there spamming their members.

From :  staff@sirstevesguide.com <staff@sirstevesguide.com>
Sent :  Monday, March 28, 2005 9:15 PM
To :  <removed>
Subject :  Toys "R" Us Midnight Madness Store Locator

Actually I didn't get one from Scum, just SSG...  Neither should be doing this, it's simply pathetic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 29, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I like how he then added what I can only assume to be a response to my work email address being added (unsolicited) to his spam list by saying that they also use email addresses given in give-away entry forms.

Perhaps you filled it out somewhere at one of the local Cons?
I'm sure he's spamming those on that mailing list as well...

Nope, never met him him person and never signed up for anything at a convention.  I'm usually in and out of the Dallas Sci Fi expo in under an hour.

Like I mentioned in the rebelscum thread, the only place I can think of where he'd have gotten it from, was from a personal email I sent him...  A few months back he had free passes to at 6:30 sneak preview showing of Sky Captain for anyone interested who lived in the DFW area.  I emailed him (I was still at work) asking if I could have some.  He obliged.  It was very nice of him.  The movie was great.  And here we are.  To the best of my memory I've never used that address in any Rebelscum profiles or any freebies or anything like that.  I've used it in trades...but only because it's open all day, and it is only given out like that in PMs. 

Beats me...

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 29, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Hi fellas, hows everyone been? Well I noticed this in my e-mail as well, and decided to post in the thread over yonder at RS, and took care of my problem.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57 AM »
That's the way...I wanna see how it goes before I commit.... :)I'm hoping it can get wrapped up so we benifit...I just don't want SPAM, that's all.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1074 on: March 29, 2005, 04:00 AM »
I truly wonder what will come of this.

Nothing at all, actually.  Philip could care less.  He's said so time and again.  This is far from the first time he's told any of his members who've had an issue with him or his site that they can just take a walk, 'cause he's got plenty more members where they came from.

It's just business for him over there.  Nothing personal.  If you don't like the fact that he doesn't give a **** about you, or any of his other members, that doesn't bother him one bit.  And it all trickles down...

I just find it totally bizarre that Darth Big Boy got fired from his mod position for saying a thread was stupid, yet Philip, owner of the site, can tell a good number of his members expressing a concern in a feedback forum to "Get a life" just because they don't care for spam e-mails.  That's just sad.

He should be embarrassed.  Unfortunately, he's not.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 29, 2005, 04:57 AM »
'cause he's got plenty more members where they came from

Unfortunately it's usually quality members that leave/ get banned and the replacements are kids. One's like me.... Except worse.

Imagine that. ;)

EDIT: *Sigh* There goes Dustin, sweeping both issues under the carpet. I think I used to like him.

KBZ...Please LMK if you get the expanation they owe you. I'm very disturbed they locked the thread when it wasn't nearly finished...and without explanation too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:30 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1076 on: March 29, 2005, 07:00 AM »
That was probably at someone higher's orders.  I'm sure behind-the-scenes it was discussed, and the conclusion was to simply lock it down and punish anyone who brings it up in the future.

To each their own...  If that's how they wanna run the show there, they're welcome to do so.  It's a real shame because to me you build a community by actually being a part of it.  Ruling it without concern for the people there is one major blight on Star Wars collecting though.  I'm really rather shocked on some level that no effort was made to ammend this though.  It's just "my way or no way" for those that the illicit emails actually effected though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 29, 2005, 10:33 AM »
And my new thread has been locked already...

And they wonder why all the adults leave their site.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1079 on: March 29, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Wow, that was fast.

Hey Dale, where's that "sweeping it under the rug" smilie?

::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender