Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587980 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2160 on: December 15, 2005, 02:33 PM »
DBB has no reason to close the original Cobain thread.  JOHN made some comments, but 95% of the content was interesting posts about Kurt Cobain.  Like L J said, DBB locked the thread, and sided with M-Kenobi. 

Hold the phone partner...are you actually saying that *I* made some negative comments in the Cobain thread?  Please tell me you're not serious.

John

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 15, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Hold the phone partner...are you actually saying that *I* made some negative comments in the Cobain thread?  Please tell me you're not serious.

John

Only comments that got a rise out of M-KENOBI!  ;D  And I'm learning why everyone dislikes this Kurt-Cobain-worshipping jackass.

Must we remind ourselves, that M-KENOBI has " other members on [RS] board are my friends. They look up to me"  and we must conform to his view of the SW world and other matters.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:49 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 15, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Quote from: MisterKenobi
Note the title of this thread is "Who Misses Grunge Rock?" not "Who Doesn't Miss Grunge Rock".  If you don't like it, fine, but you have no right to belittle other people's views.

I love his request not to belittle others views. Something he does every single day himself!! Now that is a hypocrite if I ever saw one!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2163 on: December 15, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Well, I think it was Bertha who said that it has everything to do with the volume of traffic they see... but I don't really agree with that. I don't think that if JD had X hundreds more people roaming around in here, we'd have the same problems as RS... because I think most of RS' problems lie with their administration.

I've actually mentioned this before. I think a very large part of the reason this site is so cool and mellow is because it doesn't have a lot of readers. When a troublemaker comes in, he's easy to target, watch and eventually remove.

If this place suddenly became the juggernaut that Rebelscum is, you guys would need 4 or 5 more full time moderators just to keep the newbies contained.  I think Rebelscum needs at least that many more, and that's probably their biggest problem is that they've never had it.  Crazy trolls would never be allowed to survive as long as some of the ones over there have.   

I do agree with you about the feedback forum though.  Recently, I actually thought "Misterkenobis" idea about having noobs unable to post new threads was a great one. I visit some other forums that don't let you start new topics until you've been there for a little bit  and they are much easier to find info on.  It was quickly dismissed, maybe because Matt started it and he's not exactly a beacon of common sense over there.  I thought it was a good idea though.

But yeah, it seems like (ironically) some of the most constructive feedback for Rebelscum happens over here.  Over there, good ideas, complaints or comments get locked, buried or completely removed.  If they're in the feedback section where they belong, they are usually just locked...which is better than Wuher's where they often get completely hidden.  The last really big suggestion I remember getting pushed through was the removal of the post count, and that was quite some time ago.  These days, I think they need more staff, a more watchful eye on the scalpers in the community, and a few more sections to help sort out the clutter.

That's one reason why JD is really cool.  I have a feeling if there was a problem over here, we'd be able to talk about it openly.  However, I have a feeling that instead, we'll end up talking about problems over there indefinitely, because this site is probably going to remain a cool hangout like it is now.

By the way....it would be really cool if there was just a big "Rebelscum talk" topic that could always house this sort of conversation.  I find that it's a never-ending topic, but it continues from thread to thread over here as each one is eventually locked.    ;D

Got Clones?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 15, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Must we remind ourselves, that M-KENOBI has " other members on [RS] board are my friends. They look up to me"  and we must conform to his view of the SW world and other matters.  ::)

Yes, let us not forget his almighty self!! He is definately full of himself. He even PM'ed me that he would let me slide for telling off!! He wouldn't go to Jeremy, guess he has an admin in his pocket as well as a mod!! ::)
-Vincent

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2165 on: December 15, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I doubt Chris would go for having a Child Board specifically for RS gossip, although I've always wanted to sticky the one thread where Scott revealed Greg(g)'s identity... Classic.

:P

I suppose I'm one of the few who has no experience with this M-Kenobi guy? I sound lucky.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2166 on: December 15, 2005, 03:35 PM »
By the way....it would be really cool if there was just a big "Rebelscum talk" topic that could always house this sort of conversation.  I find that it's a never-ending topic, but it continues from thread to thread over here as each one is eventually locked.    ;D

I've actually been thinking for some time now about merging all the old RS threads together into one huge master thread, and calling it "Rebelscum's Greatest Hits".  I still might, when I have some more time.  We'll see...

But good idea, Josh!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 03:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 15, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Only moments before the little baby gets me banned for this one... http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1563451&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1563451

Well... mysteriously, the thread has disappeared...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 03:53 PM by Skyhoucker »
Finally finished RotS

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 15, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Houck, what thread was it??? Are you banned for good, or are you talking about last week's suspension??
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 03:57 PM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 15, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Banned for good... The thread was about why Darth Big Boy is so in favor of MisterKenobi.  It got me banned for good... everything I said was factual, though... another thing that's pathetic is that Kenobi kept saying how Cobain was his hero... and then he turns around and says, "Heh that thread went away fast, huh?

Apparently being a fan of someone means that you worship or idolize them 

Making an opinion of how good a person's music was and why they inspired a GENERATION based on their personal dealings is just ignorant. Oh wait I guess that's name-calling"

The thread he's referring to is the one that suddenly disappeared... so I tried to get onto scum a minute ago and I'm banned.  Awesome, eh?

Finally finished RotS

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2170 on: December 15, 2005, 04:27 PM »

The thread he's referring to is the one that suddenly disappeared... so I tried to get onto scum a minute ago and I'm banned.  Awesome, eh?

Join the club.

"This is the way."

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 15, 2005, 04:34 PM »

Join the club.

What was your user name at scum?
Finally finished RotS

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 15, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Bunch'a trouble makers over here, I tell ya' - gettin' banned and what not.  ;) :P

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 15, 2005, 04:50 PM »

Join the club.

Well, I guess I am still a noob on JD until I get banned at RS!!!

I'll wait until I finish my photonovel first!  :P
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2174 on: December 15, 2005, 04:51 PM »

What was your user name at scum?

Sith Lord Chaos. I had been a member there since about February/March '03, and I got banned back in March/April of this year along with a lot of the other guys around here. It wasn't just a suspension either, I tried logging in the other day just cause I was curious to see if I was banned, and sure enough I couldn't log in.
"This is the way."