Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586606 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Do you get hounded on Rob, does any other mod get hounded on, his ineptitude is costing RS members I don't see why people don't see that over there

I do. All the time. Some people say I'm a "horrible mod" for this or that. I mean, granted....I don't think a topic about me would sustain 5 or 10 pages of interested replies....but I definitely have my "haters".  I think the big difference is, I respond to those critics and even encourage them to work it out with me in PM. I REALLY don't want to let a stupid title on a Star Wars board make me an a-hole to anyone.

I appealed to Rob to move that to the feedback section (where it belongs) and I also asked that people post REASONS in there...rather than just "GNT should burn in hell" kind of posts. Maybe he's overzealous in some ways, but doesn't everyone deserve the chance to know WHY they're hated?  

I also find it odd that we're all RS members discussing this RS topic over here, but I guess if this is where it's happening, so be it.   ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Exactly, Matt.  I only glanced at the "confusion" link you provided but after one or two Gregg posts, I knew I couldn't take the rambling and just closed it.  The whole OTC thing isn't that hard to figure out, its not quantum physics for Christ sakes.

I'm sure once he wakes up, which should be soon as its 6:30 am down under, he'll have some well thought out rebuttal.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Petition is up for now. Petition
If you want to add you name and don't live in fear of being ban sign it. :)
Let's see how long it last.

About as long as I expected.  Don't live in fear of being banned?  I know I would've the moment I typed the letter "M" in that thread.  Several threads I'm interested in commenting on over there, but if I did, it'd likely be my last comment there.

I have a feeling that this will be another nail in my coffin over there since I posted all of those threads a few months ago which got me a warning from Jermey.  As for the thread I will try to get examples of Greg(g)'s problems (so if any of you guys have any let me know  ;)) and post them in there to let others know.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 03:32 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2004, 03:32 PM »
I'm sure once he wakes up, which should be soon as its 6:30 am down under, he'll have some well thought out rebuttal.

Yes, but it will most likely be made to Philip, and not posted in that thread.   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2004, 03:36 PM »
I think both of you guys do excellent jobs being a moderator and I give much more kudos than you think, I realize the immensity of the site and its traffic make it an impossible job.  This is something we don't have to deal with at all, that is either a testament to our members or the fact that our site is rather homey in nature.  The problem with the site IMO is that things have festered for so long that it is just complete and total anarchy right now.  Does Phil really think by banning Matt and me that his problems will be solved and he'll have a better community because of it, that is complete and utter BS.  People hated Sonic Death (RIP), in fact people cheered when he was banned, I think more people hate GNT...and to reiterate since I cannot publicly criticize him anymore, my Thoughts on his poor moderating are clearly laid out on page three of this thread

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2004, 03:37 PM »

Yes, but it will most likely be made to Philip, and not posted in that thread.   ;)

Then I guess I can expect a warning to be forthcoming.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2004, 04:15 PM »
The drama's a heatin' up eh?

Even if he isn't de-modded, which he probably won't be - At very least maybe GNT will take all this trashing to heart and try to tone it down a bit - or ideally, tone it down a lot.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #232 on: February 24, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Even if he isn't de-modded, which he probably won't be - At very least maybe GNT will take all this trashing to heart and try to tone it down a bit - or ideally, tone it down a lot.  

If it were a thread about me, I would.
Got Clones?

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2004, 04:20 PM »
whatever happens, i think this is the most successful thread henrik wulff rasmussen ever started.

:)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2004, 04:32 PM »
whatever happens, i think this is the most successful thread henrik wulff rasmussen ever started.

:)
Bzzzzzt

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Best...S.F.G....post...ever  :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2004, 05:05 PM »
All I can say is (besides that I have a lot of time on my hands right now) is that I am EXTREMELY happy that none of this stuff happens (and not much gets locked down) in the props forum at RS because it's the only place left (I think) that actually can hold decent conversations in threads about the actual catagory.  

That was extremely long sentence...whew.

I also don't think much will change with the problem of Greg/Gregg/GNT/God (or whatever his name is at RS ) because the membership has changed so much and he seems to truly believe that what he bans/locks/deletes is in the best interest of the forums.
Every once in a blue moon I surf all the forums and many of the threads at RS and thank our own CB that he created this place and that I can find all the answers to questions I have and the commradery of good friends.

I wonder if the bar is still open...after this long winded speech, I need a drink.
Beth

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Hey look, some one took my idea and is calling for the fall of GNT.

Im game. For too long have I lurked there and seen his underhanded police moderating.

"I'm God, so deal with it."

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2004, 05:31 PM »
Wow.

What a thread!

I, too, dislike GNT.  

His style, his attitude, his "stay on topic every 5 posts" posts, his blatant re-posting news from other sites where he basically starts a thread on every news item then locks all other threads on the subject.

The thing that bugs me most though is when he pulls something out of his @$$ (Ewok Mom w/Woklings, etc), passes it off as fact/truth (usually going so far as to claim another non-scum site said it first when usually site B never said it) then ignores any critisism when he is wrong.

There are countless examples of times he states something as true when he has NO factual basis for it.  Then, when he is proven wrong (OTC) or told he has things backwards, often his tactic is to delete the post that proved him wrong and edit his original post so it looks like he was right all along, thus ignoring the whole thing as JesseJames stated earlier.

ADMIT IT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, MAN!

If you pull things out of your @$$, you are gonna get it wrong.  At least be a man and say "Geez, I guess I was wrong: OTC and vOTC are different lines".  Unfortunately, all we ever get are "Whatever, it's all still Saga anyway" answers at best.

Between him and Curto's "Look at this new Figure!  Oops!  It's a custom. Gotcha!" crap, I barely look at 'scum anymore, only to compare big things like ToyFair or the Convention coverages, then I check out all the big sites.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2004, 06:03 PM »
His style, his attitude, his "stay on topic every 5 posts"

This is one of my biggest gripes too.   I can understand if a conversation has gone totally off track, but he won't let a conversation evolve or let you make a joke without giving you crap for it.

One time, I believe it was Old Cocky, was talking about this uncle Jesse

So I post an image of this uncle jesse:

I come back an hour later - GNT has deleted my post, without warning or anything.  He didn't edit it - he frickin' deleted it.

Blah.  It's not like I called him a douche bag or anything....