Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587949 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2295 on: December 30, 2005, 06:15 PM »
haha, I'm glad you caught that E, I've talked about that with some friends...  Those polls are so sad.  Of course, Philip did get quoted basically saying he should have supported another property like LOTR because Jackson and the licensees were more in touch with fan sites over the LOTR license than SW Licensees are.

That alone told me enough...  It's all about the benjamins I guess. :)

It's funny though, those horrid looking links...  Not only do they make an already unappealing front page even moreso, they have a floating pop-up that arrives if your mouse happens over those links.  Absolutely terrible, and it just lowers my opinion of the way the site is run that much more. 

I can't imagine a site with its own crap for sale really needs more money, but what do I know?  That's just sad though, the whole thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 30, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Well Greenday is back, so heads up to you guys he might come over here next!!! ::)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 30, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Anyone know where that kid is?  I have a lot of connections, maybe I could call in some favors, have someone toss him a beatin'.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 30, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Of course, Philip did get quoted basically saying he should have supported another property like LOTR because Jackson and the licensees were more in touch with fan sites over the LOTR license than SW Licensees are.

I've seen you, or one of the other guys here, post about that before and found it pretty funny that someone who is supposedly such a big SW fan was mad because he didn't jump on another properties bandwagon. 

I guess in business you have to jump on what's hot to make some scratch but this all should just be a hobby.  If you want to run a business, run a business and make something, don't sponge off other people's fandom by just being associated with George Lucas' vision.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2299 on: December 30, 2005, 07:34 PM »
That's my thoughts man...  This isn't a business to me, it's fun...  I don't wanna charge my fellow collectors for autographs, nor slap my lameass logo on the picture (which is why I won't ever get an auto from that "company").   There's no integrity with some people in this hobby.  Hell, half the time scalping was being condoned openly on their forums.  You can't stop it, but don't welcome it with open arms...  Have some pride for Christ's sake.

Time to move onto BattleStar Galactica or the hoped for Hobbit movie I guess!   ::)

BTW Greenday's someone we're generally well aware of, contrary to elsewhere.  At the moment it's like a cat toying with a mouse...  So to speak.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 07:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 30, 2005, 08:02 PM »
You know, I kind of disagree with you on OfficialPix.  That's actually a business and they provide a service, getting guests to shows, private signings, etc.  That I can respect, but trying to profit from a "fan" site?  That I don't like.  I even was pissed when Starwars.com started charging for access with their Hyperspace initiative.

I realize that technically a site like RS and a company like OP are the same, providing a service, but in my mind one's a legitimate business (OP) and the other isn't.  I think of RS (and all the other sites like JD and GH) as news sites and fan sites...things I think of as being free.  Putting up some ad banners to get click-throughs is one thing, you're helping support good dealers that further the hobby of your readers and it allows the site to keep running.  This new, obnoxious crapware they've got?  That's going over the top.

Sending out emails was the first step, guess we should have seen this one coming.

E...

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #2301 on: December 30, 2005, 10:25 PM »

BTW Greenday's someone we're generally well aware of, contrary to elsewhere.  At the moment it's like a cat toying with a mouse...  So to speak.
... and I'm sharping my claws... ;)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2302 on: December 30, 2005, 11:41 PM »
I'd agree E, except that the RS logo's all over the place...  It's still part of RS thent o me.  To me, the actors didn't need OP, they did fine on their own, this just sort of introduced a middle-man and you pay as much (or more) for auto's now and you're forced into buying that "piece" of a site you don't want (or I don't want anyway).

That's my beef...  It's a business though and that's fine...  But the whole place is becoming one.  I mean, starcases?  hah...  Whatever "helps you keep the site running" I guess.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 31, 2005, 06:58 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 06:58 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 31, 2005, 07:09 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2305 on: December 31, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Anyone know where that kid is?  I have a lot of connections, maybe I could call in some favors, have someone toss him a beatin'.

E...

When he first showed up, he said Fairfax, Virginia. In the thread LJ linked to, he claims Springfield, VA. He lies a lot, and has said a lot of different places before.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2306 on: December 31, 2005, 07:43 PM »
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1591280&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1#1591280

:o

Does anyone know the story? I've known Rayne for a couple years, and needless to say, I highly doubt his suspension was called for. He's been a great asset to the forums there and is a great guy.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

SilverZ

« Reply #2307 on: December 31, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Apparently the presence of an annoying child is enough to send the RS mods and the board into a zero-tolerance police state. Suspending their productive users to make an example - typical.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 31, 2005, 08:31 PM »

E...

When he first showed up, he said Fairfax, Virginia. In the thread LJ linked to, he claims Springfield, VA. He lies a lot, and has said a lot of different places before.

At least he moved away from my town. I hate that llama******.  :P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 31, 2005, 09:56 PM »
He lives in your town? Greenday? Hmm, that's interesting. I'd beat the s**t out of him if he went to my school.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...