Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588379 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2385 on: January 9, 2006, 09:21 PM »
It just kind of makes you look like a moron, is all.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 9, 2006, 09:25 PM »
Well whatever you say Virex. No matter what I do or say you will always have that opinion of me, so why should I even bother to acquiesce to your request?
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #2387 on: January 9, 2006, 09:27 PM »
Conceivably, however does it really matter that much, honestly?

It does to people who have expectations and standards when it comes to forum discussion. If you have low to no standards then yeah who cares?

« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 09:28 PM by CaptainAlex »
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2388 on: January 9, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Not to do a pile-on but I actually have some experience with internet etiquette or "netiquette".  It's actually a real thing developed for academic debate/writing electronically since forums and other E-sources of discussion have become more and more in the spotlight and accepted as credible academic resources.

I know when I was in one of my basic college writing courses things like quoting an entire source instead of specific points was cited as bad netiquette.  Just like typing in all caps is for example.  Also, overuse of punctuation, especially the exclamation mark which is rarely to be used in a literal sense, is bad netiquette.  That's not to say it's annoying to anyone or everyone either, it's not "good form" though and diminishes the quality of the text in which it is written if used improperly.  I believe the proper use of the exclamation is a very rare occurance in most writing.  Such as "Wow!", or some such.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2389 on: January 9, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Well whatever you say Virex. No matter what I do or say you will always have that opinion of me

That's a good point, Bertha.  But the punctuation certainly isn't helping matters any.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 9, 2006, 09:31 PM »
The thing is Alex, that it really doesn't matter in the long run. I mean honestly, does adding an extra punctuation mark, or two, in all reality hurt or really offend anyone here. I mean truthfully does it really? It's a Star Wars forum, it's not a research paper, not a report for work. It's just a place to come by and discuss toys of all things, a place to relax and enjoy yourself. Why can't you just see that, or is the discussion the ultimate goal of all this?

So what do you propose I do then Matt? What's the point if your opinion will never change, not that I care what someone in Oklahoma thinks of me. I mean can you answer that, what would be the point of changing?
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 09:33 PM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2391 on: January 9, 2006, 09:33 PM »
The thing is Alex, that it really doesn't matter in the long run. I mean honestly, does adding an extra punctuation mark, or two, in all reality hurt or really offend anyone here. I mean truthfully does it really? It's a Star Wars forum, it's not a research paper, not a report for work. It's just a place to come by and discuss toys of all things, a place to relax and enjoy yourself. Why can't you just see that, or is the discussion the ultimate goal of all this?

I don't see any excessive punctuation in this paragraph.  How hard was that for you to do (or not to do, as the case may be)?  I admire your restraint.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 9, 2006, 09:36 PM »
But again, Matt you miss the point. Your opinion of me has not changed has it, so why should I continue with my restraint as you put it??
-Vincent

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 9, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Like I said LJ it isn't anything personal on you. But JJ really did nail it on the head. And when you say it's only SW forum and not a research paper kind of puts down what we discuss here. Why dumb it down? It's out hobby. We can and should have the expectation that in our hobby we want stimulating and lively discussion done in the proper context of good netiquette.

It like McDonald's or Wendy's. People put it down as fast food but when you go there as a customer you expect your hot side to be hot and your cold side to be cold. Same here. Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean we all of a sudden lose our ability to communicate like normal people.

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 9, 2006, 09:39 PM »

So what do you propose I do then Matt? What's the point if your opinion will never change, not that I care what someone in Oklahoma thinks of me. I mean can you answer that, what would be the point of changing?

And the Democrates said the same thing last election and look what happened. Oklahoma goes Red and Bush rins again. Don't take for granted what Oklahoma thinks.

I'm from NY (life long) and you go to school in NY so does that mena you care about what I say? :D Cool.....

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 9, 2006, 09:40 PM »
The thing is, it's not dumbing it down, it's just a form of expression! Nothing more. You taking offense is on you really! And anyone else who finds it offensive! I just find it funny that we are even discussing this.

Oh and that's Democrats!
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2396 on: January 9, 2006, 09:41 PM »
I don't care if my opinion doesn't mean anything to you.  Fine.  That's great.  Doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest.

But what about the hundreds of other people out there, reading your posts on a regular basis?  You're not bothered by the fact that they're reading your posts, seeing two dozen exclamation points in a five-sentence paragraph about K-Mart, and coming off with the opinion that you're a total buffoon?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 9, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Not really, since a lot of members here already have an opinion of me, and no matter what I do it won't change! Like you, you've brought over from rebelscum a pre-conceived notion of me. And even though I'm vastly different that how I was in 2001, you won't ever give me a chance. Guess I should feel sorry for ya for being so set in your ways that you can't see the truth in front of you.
-Vincent

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 9, 2006, 09:46 PM »
Well....

Here's the Gareth thread in question. The reason why no knows about it is beacuse, dispite the fact that almost all who got taken were in America, Jeremy desided that a thread in the feedback section was not needed and kept only the one thread opened in the Europe section where all the American forum members would natually look.

I could be wrong, but I think Gareth was coddled.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2399 on: January 9, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Not really, since a lot of members here already have an opinion of me, and no matter what I do it won't change! Like you, you've brought over from rebelscum a pre-conceived notion of me. And even though I'm vastly different that how I was in 2001, you won't ever give me a chance. Guess I should feel sorry for ya for being so set in your ways that you can't see the truth in front of you.

I think if you were to tone down your punctuation (as you've done here--again, was it that hard?), that would go a long way regarding your reputation around the boards.