Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587696 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3060 on: July 4, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Yeah, I read those threads. It made me mad.

The same thing happens every time:

1. A new user comes along
2. He starts a thread (every noob does it, whether they are a spammer or not)
3. People just claim he's either GreenDay or that he is only trying to spam the forums because he made a few spelling mistakes here and there.
4. This makes the user get mad.
5. Then he goes off and starts spamming.

If they would just welcome every new user equally (which means cutting them some slack), this stuff wouldn't happen.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3061 on: July 4, 2006, 12:57 AM »
I'm getting pretty damn sick of RS...

There was a new user at RS who had the SN of "Helokitty" or something like that.

JediDefender is a HelloKitty-friendly community.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3062 on: July 4, 2006, 01:35 AM »
I have the most simple solution of all when it comes to a site you don't like:

Don't go there. Don't post there. Don't read their news. Don't support them. That's the only real way you can make a statement. Stop giving them the time of day.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3063 on: July 4, 2006, 01:41 AM »
We'll dispose of someone incoherent too, but not because we assume they're a troll.  We just don't want that crap cluttering the boards.  Come back after keyboarding I and join in the fun...  asdf jkl; asdf jkl;  and so on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: July 4, 2006, 02:14 AM »
We wouldn't - but almost all of JD's staff was banned a few months ago. 

Why was it that they let you keep your account over there?  Just curious .....

They banned me at first.  Then some people made a fuss, and I was re-instated.  Dustin said I just got swept up in the tide, but that I'd been a member for too long without incident to get banned as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 4, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Yeah, I read those threads. It made me mad.

The same thing happens every time:

1. A new user comes along
2. He starts a thread (every noob does it, whether they are a spammer or not)
3. People just claim he's either GreenDay or that he is only trying to spam the forums because he made a few spelling mistakes here and there.
4. This makes the user get mad.
5. Then he goes off and starts spamming.

If they would just welcome every new user equally (which means cutting them some slack), this stuff wouldn't happen.

True. However, RS has little motivation to do anything about that. At the end of the day, they've gotten a new registered member to help boost their advertising prices, whether that member fits in or not or whether they drive old members away. You can't take away the registration.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 5, 2006, 08:21 AM »
We wouldn't - but almost all of JD's staff was banned a few months ago. 

Why was it that they let you keep your account over there?  Just curious .....

They banned me at first.  Then some people made a fuss, and I was re-instated.  Dustin said I just got swept up in the tide, but that I'd been a member for too long without incident to get banned as well.

Ah ... OK.  Thanks, Rob.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2006, 08:21 AM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3067 on: July 5, 2006, 01:09 PM »
I got banned and reinstated as well for the same reasons...  It was explained to me that one of their mod(d)'s was going around searching the boards for anyone with any hint that they were involved with JediDefender in some way...  Subsequently people who didn't even work here got banned simply for liking it here, namely CHEWIE.

From what I gathered, after Dustin and this mod(d) fubar'd everything, other staff intervened and reinstated a number of banned people with somewhat of an apology...  However the people who knee-jerked during the situation never took the time to do the apology themselves which I thought was classless at the time.  I've not been overly active there since then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: July 5, 2006, 01:34 PM »
This always confused me, but one time this avatar :
got banned. Philip kept deleting it from my profile.  I finally wrote him, and he said it was innappropriate. Its hard to imagine not seeing worse routinely in all kinds of threads.

I got it from the cover of Amazing Stories, October 1949

(Sorry if this is an offensive picture!)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3069 on: July 5, 2006, 03:28 PM »
This is a little off-topic -- but it was an interesting little tid-bit I wanted to share.  A while back I seem to remember our good friend talking about how he was moving from the armpit of America, aka Oklahoma to the big, exciting, glamorous city of DC and we that should all be jealous of him.   I grew up in that area and it seems that he has moved to what is known as THE hairy, smelly armpit of the MD/DC suburbs.  I doesn't get much cheesier than Waldorf, MD.  It's hardly the big city that he was bragging about.  In fact, its quite the joke in that area.  It just gives me a little chuckle everytime I see Waldorf, MD under his name........

It appears that as of yesterday, Katmandu's finally seen the light, Tracy...

Southern Maryland and the DC area is the most annoying and irritating part of the country I have ever lived in... Overpopulation, high crime rates, overpopulation, the worst traffic I've ever seen 24/7, overpopulation, too many ghettos, overpopulation, and of course, tourists.

New city and state.  Still miserable.  Sounds like he'd be more than happy to move back to Oklahoma at this point.  Oh, the irony.  Heh.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2006, 03:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: July 5, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Too funny Matt.  I wonder if he caught wind of this and is trying to cover his ass by bitching about how much he hates where he has to live.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: July 5, 2006, 06:33 PM »
I wonder what even prompted the move?  Most people I know just don't wake up and decide "Hey, I feel like moving half way across the country."  I have a family member that lives in MD due to being in the military and he doesn't care for it much for the same reasons MK listed.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: July 5, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Both Matt and his wife are/were in the military. I'm fairly certain a military transfer was the reason for the move.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3073 on: July 5, 2006, 09:30 PM »
I believe he said that's why he moved, yes Anton.  That's not much of a choice of place to go, though I do find it funny he was gung-ho about the move. :)  I have enough family in MD to know I don't want to live in MD.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3074 on: July 5, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Both Matt and his wife are/were in the military. I'm fairly certain a military transfer was the reason for the move.

I thought he was out of the Air Force for some sort of medical reason.  I hope that's true...I don't want to claim him as being int he same branch of the military as me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.