Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583397 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3150 on: August 2, 2006, 04:36 PM »
These people are great at building bust ups because they work for RS?! How's that?

It sounds like the ref was saying that.  I assume he was just being friendly.  I'm sure if he was one of these "really cool" spiteful board-loyalists, he surely would have said "Oh Noze! you're from RS? You must SuX0r at this because RS is dumb. WOoot!".  Alas, he was only a regular Star Wars fan and had no idea it's considered trendy by some to hate Rebelscum.

How pathetic....way to get your 2 cents in Paul....what a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, the guys at the convention participating in a bust-up contest and their referee were the idiots, not the genius standing around chanting insults. He was brilliant.

I can't imagine how stupid you guys would think it was if someone filmed two JD staffers participating in a contest and Mattkatdamn, Lady Jaye or one of the other handful of people who doesn't like JD was in the background doing the same thing.

I'd give you kudos.......if I was 10 years old and was acutally amused by something so stupid.

Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 2, 2006, 05:38 PM »

I'm sure if he was one of these "really cool" spiteful board-loyalists, he surely would have said "Oh Noze! you're from RS? You must SuX0r at this because RS is dumb. WOoot!". 

I feel like I'm being attacked by one of those spiteful board loyalists now..not sure about the really cool part though ;)

Alas, he was only a regular Star Wars fan and had no idea it's considered trendy by some to hate Rebelscum.

trendy..by some??! I thought a trend was by many..... by some was an indifference? Regardless...I'm affected by no trend.. R SCUM is like the latter part of the name implies, not FUN as Phil would have you brainwashed to believe, Great members allowed to troll and remain, indifferent mods that can't quality moderate then get elected as Fan club Presidents..no ASSumptions here, it presents itself. I don't need a trend; I am not blind to their suckiness ways and hoki religions.  ::)

Yeah, the guys at the convention participating in a bust-up contest and their referee were the idiots, not the genius standing around chanting insults. He was brilliant.

I agree ...he was brilliant ;D

I can't imagine how stupid you guys would think it was if someone filmed two JD staffers participating in a contest and Mattkatdamn, Lady Jaye or one of the other handful of people who doesn't like JD was in the background doing the same thing.

LOL- I can't imagine either since this thread is about rebelscum I cannot comment at this time. No, I will say that I feel it says alot that  only " a handful of people" don't like JD. :)

I'd give you kudos.......if I was 10 years old and was acutally amused by something so stupid.

I wonder then.. how many non- collector folks in the world think the same thing about a SW toy collector? RS and JD are toy collecting sites are they not? The SDCC is definately a place where ALOT of toy collectors gather correct? I think in such a place with such an audience there could be alot of folks amused (hint: they're older than 10 and they're likely not claiming to be above being amused like a ten year old either)  :) ;)

« Last Edit: August 2, 2006, 05:42 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 2, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I feel like I'm being attacked by one of those spiteful board loyalists now..not sure about the really cool part though

I'm hardly a "loyalist" to any Star Wars board, I think that's kind of silly.  As I've said 100 times before, there's good points and bad points about each one.  I think when you start trying to choose one and decide that another one really sucks, you're being petty....especially when they're all very similar.

trendy..by some??! I thought a trend was by many..... by some was an indifference?

It is a trend by a good sized handful of people here, yes.  I'd like to think that most of them are more mature than to stand in the background of someone's video shoot and chant insults.  I liked how Matt walked right up to Phil at C3 a few years ago and snapped a picture.  I would have thought it was cool if all the people disappointed about the election had talked to Dustin about it.   All the mudslinging that goes on outside of direct conversation just seems petty to me, but it IS the internet I guess.

I agree ...he was brilliant

I guess I needed a smiley face to indicate that was sarcasm.

. No, I will say that I feel it says alot that  only " a handful of people" don't like JD.

Really?  I think the whole "Site war" thing is only being kept alive by a couple of people over there (ones that get frequently picked on here) and the rest of it is all banned members who now reside here being upset.  I understand their anger, I just don't get why it's spreading.

I think in such a place with such an audience there could be alot of folks amused (hint: they're older than 10 and they're likely not claiming to be above being amused like a ten year old either)

I'd like to hope the majority of members here are better than that petty crap, and I think they probably are.

Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 2, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Josh,  I feel you are missing alot of my points because you adress them by saying something else..but that's OK. I know you were being sarcastic ..but without a  :P ::) or ;) there I wanted to agree with your literal words.

Yeah, I laughed like a 10 year-old at it!!!LOL Yes, I gave it the time of day... amusement parks, cartoons on TV, Disney stuff, SW toys with play factors, ect is it geared toward me or a 10 year old? Who cares..I laugh still. I don't like to think of my self as a cold fish about things like that. When I'm done laughing then I AM truly old and must die soon since there is nothing in the world left to make me smile 8)

;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 2, 2006, 06:15 PM »
I'm hardly a "loyalist" to any Star Wars board

HA!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 2, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Really?  I think the whole "Site war" thing is only being kept alive by a couple of people over there (ones that get frequently picked on here) and the rest of it is all banned members who now reside here being upset.  I understand their anger, I just don't get why it's spreading.
???
Don't you remember all the Phun everybody's been having over there?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 2, 2006, 06:35 PM »
HA!

Kevin

There's a difference between enjoying something a bunch of people you hang out with hate and being a loyalist.  You're not going to find me defending things about RS that I think are stupid. 

If Rebelscum was not a good experience for ME...I'd stop going there for one and I'd also probably share the hatred some people here have for it.   I've never gone over there and gotten myself banned for one reason or another, so I'm still enjoying it.

Some of you guys remind me of these console fanboys.

"OMG---Gamecube is the Best.  I can't believe you like your P$2 or your M$ Xbox. Those are so lame. "

Just because I own all three does not mean I'm "wrong".  Same goes for the Star Wars sites I frequent.  You don't have to choose just one.

You people that feel the need to choose one and hate the others I just don't get.  Yes, those of you who have been banned for a bogus reason, I feel for...but that's only a few of you.  The rest of the bandwagon jumpers who hate the place seemingly because they think it's a cool thing to do are just being sheep, and that's really lame.
Got Clones?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 2, 2006, 06:39 PM »
The rest of the bandwagon jumpers who hate the place seemingly because they think it's a cool thing to do are just being sheep, and that's really lame.

I resent that!  I'm not a sheep, I'm a Llama!
« Last Edit: August 2, 2006, 06:41 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 2, 2006, 06:50 PM »
I resent that!  I'm not a sheep, I'm a Llama!

Llamas are kinda cool.
Alpacas, those are better though.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 2, 2006, 07:11 PM »

Lady Jaye doesn't like JD?
Beth

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 2, 2006, 07:23 PM »

I've never seen her post positively about it. Whenever I say something she doesn't like it's always "Go back to JD" or something.  Then again, maybe that's just her.
Got Clones?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3161 on: August 2, 2006, 07:31 PM »

I've never seen her post positively about it. Whenever I say something she doesn't like it's always "Go back to JD" or something. Then again, maybe that's just her.

You mean "Go back to JD!!"

Right??
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 2, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Right!!

Kevin(n)
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 2, 2006, 08:54 PM »
You mean "Go back to JD!!"

Right??

You got me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D >:( :P
Got Clones?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3164 on: August 2, 2006, 09:48 PM »

There's a difference between enjoying something a bunch of people you hang out with hate and being a loyalist.  You're not going to find me defending things about RS that I think are stupid. 

Josh,

Did you read the stuff you wrote in the FC President thread?  Oh wait, the quote above says you won't defend something a site YOU think is stupid...but you will if just about everyone here does.   ::)

Pretty fine line you're walking there my friend.
This is the way.

I have spoken.