Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583237 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3180 on: August 4, 2006, 04:32 PM »
So any humor they found in something, they're also sure you won't see it through the same glasses.

I think that sums it up....  I think.

Yeah, you summed it up pretty well.  Like I said a few nights ago, I've got the point. I'm done defending RS in here. I get that my opinion is both in the minority and not really welcome. While I'm not going to jump on the hate bandwagon, I will refrain from trying to talk anyone into jumping off of it, since it's such an unpopular cause.

I do have one big issue with what you said.  You're assuming I'm being objective in my assessment of what's funny.  Your exact terms were "I'm looking at it through different glasses".  That's not the case.

I don't think chanting in the background of someone's video is stupid because I like Rebelscum.  I think chanting in the background of someone's video is stupid because that's what hicks do whenever there's a news camera around.  I don't think this little "prank" was any funnier than some dude getting behind the newscaster and saying "Woo, hi mom! Channel 5 sucks!" while she's trying to report the news.   With very few exceptions, that old gag just makes me feel sorry for the newscaster, and pity the idiot that thought it was cool to do that.

I also think that the kiddies who have gone over there in the past and created a post-padding ****storm with some fake accounts only to show up here an hour later and brag about it are stupid too.  It hasn't happened in awhile (thank God) but that was never funny to me when they went over there and destroyed Wuher's for a night, then came back here expecting a pat on the head for it.   The staff here handled it properly I thought.

Yes, I know humor is subjective, and maybe there's just a certain kind of humor I am just not amused by.  It doesn't matter where they originate from to me. When MattKatkadamn is over there telling Rob he's "not a man" and trying to bait him into getting banned or whatever, I just shake my head that he's sinking to that level.   I prefer my insults a little more cleverly crafted than just "you suck" or whatever.

Now, when I see one of Rob's awesome photoshop jobs, I laugh.
The entire "Jeff for fan club president" thing was hilarious.  That was so well thought out and put together that some people took it seriously for awhile. Great stuff.  I also thought it was cool that RS allowed people to pimp Jeff in Wuher's. That was classic.

Matt taking a picture at C3 with Phil was another incident I thought was really funny, simply because I don't think Mr. Wise had any idea who he was, even after Matt introduced himself to him.  It was was kind of funny to me that (at the time) Matt was a huge pain in his ass online but he still didn't register in real life.  Just proof that people can be really different people online.

And yes...I loved the Greg(g) and Bertha unveilings perpetrated by some of the fine detectives on this website.  Those were some of the classic moments in all of RS or JD history to me and it's still funny today that years later, they still both deny it.

My comments about the chanting in the video were just in general disbelief that someone actually thought that was funny.  I can understand why a lot of people here don't like RS, I even agree that those of you who were banned for bull**** reasons have more than enough reason to HATE the place.

All I'm saying is....there's a way to express that and then there's also a stupid way to display it.    Asking "election" questions of Dustin at Comic Con would have been an awesome way to get across what everyone was feeling in a funny way.  I thought that might have happened.   Chanting in the background of Mark's video is just kind of a childish way of "sticking to RS" without really accomplishing that.

This is all just my opinion and really doesn't have a lot to do with which website I like, it's just about what I personally find funny.  Fair enough?

Got Clones?

Offline Rebel_Commander

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 4, 2006, 05:10 PM »
So any humor they found in something, they're also sure you won't see it through the same glasses.

Yeah, you summed it up pretty well.  Like I said a few nights ago, I've got the point. I'm done defending RS in here. I get that my opinion is both in the minority and not really welcome. While I'm not going to jump on the hate bandwagon, I will refrain from trying to talk anyone into jumping off of it, since it's such an unpopular cause.

I do have one big issue with what you said.  You're assuming I'm being objective in my assessment of what's funny.  Your exact terms were "I'm looking at it through different glasses".  That's not the case.

I don't think chanting in the background of someone's video is stupid because I like Rebelscum.  I think chanting in the background of someone's video is stupid because that's what hicks do whenever there's a news camera around.  I don't think this little "prank" was any funnier than some dude getting behind the newscaster and saying "Woo, hi mom! Channel 5 sucks!" while she's trying to report the news.   With very few exceptions, that old gag just makes me feel sorry for the newscaster, and pity the idiot that thought it was cool to do that.

I also think that the kiddies who have gone over there in the past and created a post-padding ****storm with some fake accounts only to show up here an hour later and brag about it are stupid too.  It hasn't happened in awhile (thank God) but that was never funny to me when they went over there and destroyed Wuher's for a night, then came back here expecting a pat on the head for it.   The staff here handled it properly I thought.

Yes, I know humor is subjective, and maybe there's just a certain kind of humor I am just not amused by.  It doesn't matter where they originate from to me. When MattKatkadamn is over there telling Rob he's "not a man" and trying to bait him into getting banned or whatever, I just shake my head that he's sinking to that level.   I prefer my insults a little more cleverly crafted than just "you suck" or whatever.

The entire "Jeff for fan club president" thing was hilarious.  That was so well thought out and put together that some people took it seriously for awhile. Great stuff.  I also thought it was cool that RS allowed people to pimp Jeff in Wuher's. That was classic.

Matt taking a picture at C3 with Phil was another incident I thought was really funny, simply because I don't think Mr. Wise had any idea who he was, even after Matt introduced himself to him.  It was was kind of funny to me that (at the time) Matt was a huge pain in his ass online but he still didn't register in real life.  Just proof that people can be really different people online.

And yes...I loved the Greg(g) and Bertha unveilings perpetrated by some of the fine detectives on this website.  Those were some of the classic moments in all of RS or JD history to me and it's still funny today that years later, they still both deny it.

My comments about the chanting in the video were just in general disbelief that someone actually thought that was funny.  I can understand why a lot of people here don't like RS, I even agree that those of you who were banned for ******** reasons have more than enough reason to HATE the place.

All I'm saying is....there's a way to express that and then there's also a stupid way to display it.    Asking "election" questions of Dustin at Comic Con would have been an awesome way to get across what everyone was feeling in a funny way.  I thought that might have happened.   Chanting in the background of Mark's video is just kind of a childish way of "sticking to RS" without really accomplishing that.

This is all just my opinion and really doesn't have a lot to do with which website I like, it's just about what I personally find funny.  Fair enough?

Everyone can tell your  an RS cheerlreader, which is fine.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3182 on: August 4, 2006, 05:26 PM »

My comments about the chanting in the video were just in general disbelief that someone actually thought that was funny.  I can understand why a lot of people here don't like RS, I even agree that those of you who were banned for ******** reasons have more than enough reason to HATE the place.

Fine, indeed.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3183 on: August 4, 2006, 05:28 PM »

Fine, indeed.

I concur.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3184 on: August 4, 2006, 05:43 PM »
People would quote one of Big Red's dramatic novels of a post just to say, "Sorry to hear about that!"

Annoying.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 4, 2006, 06:10 PM »

If that's really all you got out of that entire post trying to explain how I felt about the actual humor of the situation in question, I apologize...but you completely missed the point.

Here it is for the A.D.D generation:

Yes, I like Rebelscum, but that has nothing to do with why I think the "chant" thing was stupid.

People would quote one of Big Red's dramatic novels of a post just to say, "Sorry to hear about that!"

Annoying.

Agreed. I don't really understand the point of quoting the entire post if you're not even commenting on the content, but I guess one lonely sentence saying "I didn't read this" would be a little too honest.  ;D

(Waiting for the 1st one now)...

Got Clones?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 4, 2006, 06:12 PM »

Annoying.

Does BR post over here?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3187 on: August 4, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Nah, I think he's exclusive to GH.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 4, 2006, 07:05 PM »
I still want to know what happened just as much as any of you guys do...

Where's that interview or inside info you guys were hinting at?...

I'm having lunch with Tommy (uscwannabe) tomorrow.  Does that count?  :P

It's tomorrow......and lunch is over.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3189 on: August 4, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Josh,

I hope that you do still post in here.  I honestly would like the debate on the shittiness of RS with you, otherwise this thread just a bunch of people who are saying the same thing in slightly different ways.

It does seem kind of odd to me that sometimes it seems like you just don't believe a lot of us about how Rebelscum has changed over the years and little of it has been for the better.  I know you said in a previous post that you do think the bull**** bannings are...well, bull****.  It seems like you hear what we say but do not listen to what we are saying and you put on some rose colored glasses when you open up Rebelscum in your browser.  You've said before that you won't speak bad about rebelscum because they haven't done anything bad to you. That's your right but I've always held the belief that if one person tells me something it's an opinion, if 50 people tell me the same thing, there might be something to it.

As far as the whole chanting in the background of a video thing you are taking issue with, I do agree with you that it is a bit low rent.  However, when you have a forum, like Rebelscum, where the "moderators" and "administration" not only stifle, but outright delete and censor all debate on a subject like their content, perhaps taking the low road may be the only option.  Hell, I would've loved to have been at Comicon and there actually was a Q&A about the whole fan club presidency debacle...somehow I have a feeling there was no Q&A for a reason.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 07:02 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 5, 2006, 12:29 AM »
I still want to know what happened just as much as any of you guys do...

Where's that interview or inside info you guys were hinting at?...

I'm having lunch with Tommy (uscwannabe) tomorrow.  Does that count?  :P

Heheh--  read what he(Matt) had to  say in the SOCAL finds section...perhaps more to be revealed after 'litigation' :-\ >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3191 on: August 5, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I don't think Josh is gonna quit here just because people don't like something he says.  ;D  Not like this has exactly been an ugly discussion either by any stretch...  I've seen Josh in worse things than what we've talked about here and it didn't phase his posting habits.

And I completely concur with what you said about one's opinion of humor Josh, I do...  What I was actually saying Josh, was that your opinion of the situation can also somewhat influence your perception of what's funny or not...  That may not be the case of course, it was just a thought on the way you perceived the moment...

For me, like I said, a RS circle-jerk being taped and some guy in the background letting them know not EVERYTHING about RS is great...  I see some humor in that.  Is it creative?  Well that is debateable I guess, but if I saw a tape going on as was described...  Well I'd be hard to keep from standing there with my JediDefender.com staffer shirt on holding it up and dancing around like a numbnuts in the background.  :)  Without the shirt I'm sure vocalizing it is all I'd have and likely would've jumped at.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 5, 2006, 02:46 AM »
I don't think Josh is gonna quit here just because people don't like something he says.    Not like this has exactly been an ugly discussion either by any stretch...  I've seen Josh in worse things than what we've talked about here and it didn't phase his posting habits.

No, I was definitely not quitting coming around here...I just said that by popular demand, I'd try and shut up about the good things at RS from now on.  When a bitching topic comes up, I'll just shut up about it and let the flames continue on without a counterpoint.

Well I'd be hard to keep from standing there with my JediDefender.com staffer shirt on holding it up and dancing around like a numbnuts in the background

Now, if there were an image of you simply standing behind the camera with a JD shirt, not jumping around, but perhaps smiling and the occasional thumbs up (or Price is Right gesture towards your logo)...that, I would have found more funny.
 ;D

Yes....it is.  So the million dollar question is, what's the scoop?
Got Clones?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3193 on: August 5, 2006, 10:21 AM »
This is getting a bit out of hand, what's up with attacking a fellow JDer even if he still likes RS, and defends it( I know its gone leagues worse before like Jesse said, but still).
If we do that, we are no better than the spamming trolls at the site that we have been arguing so much about, because guess what they do. Many a time people who like JD and defend it over there, are screwed over as well. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just find it quite odd, that you would flame your fellow man.
So let my for my blasphemous words commence.

Smarty

NOTE: I am not trying to promote peace between the sites, quite frankly RS can shove it, what I'm talking about is the people who are your fellow men, that get flamed.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3194 on: August 5, 2006, 10:51 AM »