Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587215 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3210 on: August 5, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. As annoying as **** as Smarty may be, and as irritable as I am and have been towards him and the younger (and clueless) crowd, he's never sent ME a hostile message, and I think I've worked harder for it than Chris did with the Cluepon.

As a matter of fact, I tend to only get hostile messages from the older, more informed crowd.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: August 5, 2006, 03:28 PM »
This is getting a bit out of hand, what's up with attacking a fellow JDer even if he still likes RS, and defends it.
If we do that, we are no better than the spamming trolls at the site that we have been arguing so much about, because guess what they do. Many a time people who like JD and defend it over there, are screwed over as well. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just find it quite odd, that you would flame your fellow man.

Would just like to take a moment to analyze SP's comment (that somehow endeared him to get a 'cluepon').

SEVERAL,several times in this thread alone we've seen copies from RS's thread about folks getting banned,talked down to, ect for mentioning JD, arguing/taking an opposite viewpoint of administration ect, being told 'because I said so', ridiculed publicly(not by PM).

He Does have a point here and not clueless by far..if we start harassing folks for going to other sites are we any different from RS then? Was he proven right by being banned for returning an insult not unlike the goings-on at a commonly hated website
around here?

If we flame our folks (like that the other day when Josh asked 'what's wrong with me?' in an unrelated subject and Chris replied with RS's link) then folks will begin to leave our community ala RS and begin looking for another site. While I really don't believe this will happen...recent riftlike events between a rare RS liker/promoter/defender and JD admin could be a sign. Silly/Hasty bannings could be another. Well, I personally am disgusted by RS, their staff and everything they stand for ($? :-X self promotion down directed from their leader?)
. Can we just stop with the silliness to restore this site to the way I remember it?
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 03:31 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3212 on: August 5, 2006, 04:04 PM »

I thought Chris' "Answer" reply to Josh was funny, but I guess I have the advantage (rather, curse) of having worked with Chris long enough to know it wasn't just some mean spirited jab. I've known Josh long enough (longer than I've known Chris) to have assumed at the time that he set himself up for something like that on purpose. Bullshitting and carrying-on, man... I didn't view that as a flame, hopefully Josh didn't, either.

As a matter of fact, if I could do it without inadvertantly banning myself (AGAIN), I'd have changed Josh's status to "Rebelscum Cheerleader", and I've got a feeling Josh wouldn't have taken offense - while some people would misread it as just being mean and picking on the Rebelscum Apologist.

Where the split is, and where Cluepon's deserve to be passed out, is where alot of the people here who don't go as far back as the rest of us with this RS drama, don't really "get it" when we're doing running wild with inside jokes and references to bull**** years ago.

****, a month or so ago, one of the kids here said GNT was the only good Moderator over at Rebelscum. Doesn't that pretty much sum it up?

Anyway, I don't think I've ever come down on Josh about his being an apologist for RS, because I've pretty much accepted that Josh and I view things very differently. His way of looking at things comes off to me as a, "I don't care if anyone treats my friends like **** - so long as they don't treat me like ****" sort of way. It irritates the hell out of me, but only because it conflicts with alot of the things I know about him (that he's a nice guy, haha), but I can't do much about the fact that doesn't see things as what I think they are.

Regardless of what peoples' intentions have been when jabbing at Josh, he's still here and he's said it isn't phasing him in the least.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3213 on: August 5, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I didn't view that as a flame, hopefully Josh didn't, either.

No, I laughed...and actually, after reading it again, I did kind of set myself up for something there. I guess I got off light.  He could have insulted about a billion other things about me.  ;D

His way of looking at things comes off to me as a, "I don't care if anyone treats my friends like **** - so long as they don't treat me like ****" sort of way.

Not exactly.  I do care about all that stuff that happened 2 years ago, I just think that it could really be water under the bridge now if people wanted to let it go.

I'd go over this again, but I really wanted to drop the whole "Defense of RS" thing.  Everyone hates it here, very few people really want to hear it anyway (other than to say what I have to say is dumb) so that's why I'm saying I'll let it go.  I'm willing to just agree to disagree (even if I'm not planning on being vocal about it).

but I can't do much about the fact that doesn't see things as what I think they are.

Ultimately, neither can I.  If any of the banned folks here ever decide they want to make a case for going back, I'd be happy to back you up.  I don't think that'll ever happen, but if it ever does, I'm happy to throw my loyalty behind you when it matters.

As for joining the stone throwing, that's where I can't join up.

« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 04:24 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3214 on: August 5, 2006, 04:58 PM »
My reasoning for giving the one day suspension to Smartypants is because he pissed me off. Simple as that. This kid comes in posting babble regarding matters he has absolutely no idea about and then tells me, the owner of this site to "STFU"... it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm more than tired of the kids of this forum going around posting one liners and stupid non-sense around the forum and this is just the straw that broke the camels back.

I'll go so far as to say that the "cluepon" wasn't just for Smarty but was kind of a funny, less personal message to everyone who goes on about this subject with their "red glasses" on. All of our staff and those that are fully aware supporters can come up with numerous valid reasons behind our case and they will forever be ignored by certain invididuals. So when Smarty, who is one of the kids who is guilty of posting like a kid (normal, yes- but we cater to more mature, adult collector here) tells me to "STFU" regarding something he is just out of his league about, he was suspended for being disrespectful to me. This wasn't even so much of an issue regarding the "RebelScum" topic and thread as it was about the juvenille postings in general. So the dumb, offensive post to me combined with his utter unknowing of all the facts regarding this subject come up I suspended him. Power trip? No. It's just me making a statement that the ridiculous postings by the younger crowd need to stop.

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #3215 on: August 5, 2006, 06:33 PM »
You know Chris, you're a genius!  Why don't we just have adults post here!  And everyone under 18 can close their accounts!  :P

Adam (Smartypants) felt insulted, because you just posted the image.  If you would've included that you thought it was funny, maybe he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.  He must've reacted the way he did, because he felt offended, and you insulted him, when he was just trying to defend someone.  I know he shouldn't have said "STFU", but still that doesn't seem like a good reason to suspend someone.  But it's your site, you can do whatever you want with it.
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3216 on: August 5, 2006, 06:41 PM »
You know Chris, you're a genius!  Why don't we just have adults post here!

That's the idea. Unless of course you can post like one (ie: Diddly for many years).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: August 5, 2006, 08:25 PM »
We need a Photoshop of her holding Greggers' sculpture, stat.

I know I'm a few days behind on the 'stat' part of this, but this was the best I could do.  I've been horribly busy and there's absolutely no equitable way to cut that damn thing out.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: August 5, 2006, 11:46 PM »

That's the idea. Unless of course you can post like one (ie: Diddly for many years).

Aw, shucks. *blushes*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: August 5, 2006, 11:59 PM »

I can think of another certain teenager who pulled off posting like an adult around here "for many years".  ;)  Although, if I were going to be frank I would say that same advanced maturity he exhibited so well and articulately all over this site seems to be lacking from several posts in this very thread. 
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3220 on: August 6, 2006, 12:11 AM »

I can think of another certain teenager who pulled off posting like an adult around here "for many years".  ;)  Although, if I were going to be frank I would say that same advanced maturity he exhibited so well and articulately all over this site seems to be lacking from several posts in this very thread. 

I disagree there DP (well, with the part about me in this thread :-*). I'm just tired of the non-sense around here and am going to start coming down harder on people who can't manage themselves. I'd like it if you would cite to me exactly what I've done that was not mature except for make a bit of a joke with the "Cluepon" while driving the point home. This site does not cater to a younger audience and if you are younger and going to fit in here you have to act like an adult. If you don't, you won't be welcome here and that is the reality of the situation. We've been passive with this issue in the past but more and more stupid things are turning up all over here and that kind of thing won't be accepted.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: August 7, 2006, 08:28 AM »
You know Chris, you're a genius!  Why don't we just have adults post here!  And everyone under 18 can close their accounts!  :P

Adam (Smartypants) felt insulted, because you just posted the image.  If you would've included that you thought it was funny, maybe he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.  He must've reacted the way he did, because he felt offended, and you insulted him, when he was just trying to defend someone.  I know he shouldn't have said "STFU", but still that doesn't seem like a good reason to suspend someone.  But it's your site, you can do whatever you want with it.

Regardless of the reason for the reaction, Adam is responsible for reacting that way.  Plus, reacting to a sick burn by saying "STFU" is sort of Jr. High School.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: August 7, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Just for the record, one should never tell a fellow member (let alone a staff member) to STFU no matter how pissed you are.

I don't care what kind of message board you're on -

If you let one person get away with it, then everybody is disrepsecting the staff and we'll have total anarchy!

;)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: August 7, 2006, 09:13 AM »

Plus, reacting to a sick burn by saying "STFU" is sort of Jr. High School.

So is using the phrase "sick burn".   :-*
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: August 7, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I thought someone would like that.  LOL!