Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583252 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3405 on: January 2, 2007, 01:54 PM »
That's probably because Vator has a greater understanding of the English language than most anyone here...he's bound to be frustrated, as I will be too, now that we have a...

:D Spell Check! :D

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 2, 2007, 05:13 PM »
However, to do so today without making proper mention of the current plight some of our newer members seem to be having would be both hypocritical and unbecoming, so.

:P

(Bei Got, I need some sleep.)

Please cite me a few examples, here or via PM.

Tracy hit it on the head, Chris. That some of our newer members seem to be having problems with grammar, punctuation, and just English in general; all I was saying.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3407 on: January 2, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Gotcha.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 2, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Chris, I'm not really a new member, but seeing as it seems like you're showing some concern for the well-being of the members, then please know that I am offended that you still haven't offered to fly me out and put me up for Toy Fair.

Jerk.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3409 on: January 3, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Normally I wouldn't comment or give a turd about Rebelscum outages, but I have to ask...is anyone else getting directed to foxmovies.com when they go to the RS forums?

John

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 3, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Working OK for me.

Perhaps you allowed your cursor to hover over one of the many damn annoying double underlined advertisement popups, and clicked on that instead.

I so hate the RS homepage now, I feel like I'm navigating a mine field just trying to click on what I intended. >:(
Wants - everything.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3411 on: January 3, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Perhaps you allowed your cursor to hover over one of the many damn annoying double underlined advertisement popups, and clicked on that instead.

Nope, not it.  I have the forums bookmarked, and I've tried from both there and from the front page.  I even cleared out my cookies, internet history and temp files.

Weird.

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 3, 2007, 04:05 PM »
No problems at my end.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3413 on: January 3, 2007, 05:45 PM »
I had no issue visiting their front page today either John...

Max makes a good point.  I can't stand that damn spam on their front page you have to navigate now.  That's just attrocious looking in the first place, but moreover it's annoying as **** since it pops up regardless of how fast you're moving or close you come to that crap...  If there's a good reason not to spend much time reading anything there, that's sure as **** it right now.  Wish they'd do away with that since I can't imagine they're that hard up for paying sponsors.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 3, 2007, 08:20 PM »

Nope, not it.  I have the forums bookmarked, and I've tried from both there and from the front page.  I even cleared out my cookies, internet history and temp files.

Weird.

John

Browser hijacked?
I`ve had that happen to me when I used IE.
Adam

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3415 on: January 3, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Not sure what it was.  Around an hour later it worked OK.  Maybe someone in my IT department was ******* with me?  :)

John

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 4, 2007, 03:16 PM »
If the IT department was doing it, they would probably re-route you to monster.com ;)
Wants - everything.

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: February 28, 2007, 12:25 AM »
What the hell is going on over there with all those new toy section reveiw sections???  I can't see anything ever happening in 90% of them. 

I guess they are trying to broaden their appeal to advertisers.  Money, money, money.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3418 on: February 28, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Eh, I assume it's just them trying to generate interest, and maintain a forum for, the new site Curto and Myatt kicked off...  Honestly it's not my cup of tea, but they're trying to draw in the crowd they have (knowing toy guys collect other toy lines usually) into discussion on other said toys...  Rather than form and host an entirely new forum at their new site of course.  They are starting as the underdog as there's already large established "general" toy websites out there with forum crowds and things.

I'm a star wars guy though so it's not the kind of thing that piques my interest much...  I tend to stick primarility to discussing this stuff.  Don't drift too far away.  It's too time consuming for me, and I don't even collect much more than Star Wars really. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: February 28, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Jesse..I thought you were big into those WWII toys.   ???
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.