Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583392 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3735 on: April 13, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I found something on RS that almost made me go over the edge. For some reason I felt like looking at some of my older posts from when I was still active there. Now that account was banned almost 4 years ago so I had to dig through the member list (including 50+ pages of usernames starting with "Darth") but I eventually found it. When I clicked the link it took me to my old account, where I saw that my email address was listed in plain sight. At first I was extremely pissed off, since I had my email set to private when I visited there, but then I calmed down when I noticed that ol' Wise-Ass left a few hyphens out of the address. So no harm done really, but it pisses me off that Wise-Ass can basically feed banned members' emails to spammers (and I know they're there, with the amount of traffic RS gets)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Rebel Scum Related Question for the "Old Timers"
« Reply #3736 on: August 8, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Hey guys. I have a question... several years back, if I recall correctly, quite a few JediDefender members were banned from the RebelScum.com Forums. If anyone could fill me in with what went down and how it was resolved (if at all) I would appreciate it. I joined the forums at BanthaSkull.com a couple of months ago, and this evening nearly all of the BS forum members were banned from Rebel Scum. This incident has struck me as very familiar, but I cannot find the RebelScum Thread here to compare the details. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Rebel Scum Related Question for the "Old Timers"
« Reply #3737 on: August 8, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Try Here.

You might want to clear your schedule for all the reading.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Scum Related Question for the "Old Timers"
« Reply #3738 on: August 8, 2008, 12:52 AM »
That's just the thread I was looking for.... thanks dude.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3739 on: August 8, 2008, 08:12 AM »

Did you guys piss of Greg(g)?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: August 8, 2008, 08:14 AM »
It was actually Dustin this time, not GotNoTesticles.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2008, 08:14 AM by Greg_the_Great »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: August 8, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Banned the BanthaSkull guys, huh?  You mean the 365th Lockdown Brigade got locked down?  Good riddance for the most part.  They probably got the stick for promoting their web site on the boards...or did they get in a pissing match with someone?

I guess some reading is in order.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: August 8, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I'm not too sure what it was. It seems a couple of guys on BS posted some insults about Dustin, so he matched as many names as possible from BS to the RS forums and banned all of them. I find it odd that people get banned for complaining about RS on other sites. I'll give President Bush some credit, cuz even he doesn't appear to deport people for complaining about the USA.

Offline TheWildWombat

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: August 9, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Actually I was one of the ones that got banned for nothing Franks, and you think thats fair, hmmmmm, what are you on RS's payroll.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: August 9, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I did say good riddance "for the most part."  I have my own issues with RS but when they do finally crack down on those that take away from the community there I'm in full support.

I know that some of the JD guys got banned, at one time, for just being members here and it wasn't for anything they personally did.  I know someone who got banned for something he wrote on his own web site, being critical of an RS employee, which was completely uncalled for.  But I'm not going to feel sorry for anyone that gets booted, from any site, that deserves it.  If you didn't, take it up with the mods over there, calling me out isn't going to help your case.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3745 on: August 9, 2008, 10:48 PM »
I don't know what Bantha Skull is or whatever, but I do know Rebelscum would be wiser to look at members who routinely violate all aspects of their own policies over there.  How many trolls lurk those boards telling other members they "whine too much", or how many trolls over there talk down to anyone they feel is beneath them? 

And that's not even new guys...  There are guys that have been there since the BHC that talk **** on other people and wouldn't have lasted a week here because they're simply pricks we wouldn't allow on here.

Actually, come to think of it, I know of at least one or two guys banned here that just hang on like a dingleberry there...  Guess if you kiss the balloon knot enough you get to keep your account. ;)

Regardless though, if it were a spamming thing going on there (IE: constantly linking your site) I don't blame Scum for banning people.  We're generally tolerant of that kind of thing but people have abused that lately and so we're less likely to put up with it.

Honestly if there wasn't a flavor-of-the-month forum pop up every other week, the Star Wars community would be better off as a whole.  Scum's got their crowd but just because your'e disgruntled with a forum doesn't mean it's really a good idea to piss away the bandwidth by starting another. 

Part of me thinks some places do it just so they can ask Hasbro what they think is a valuable question that week...

That's my $.02 on it though...  I say if people are getting canned there, jump ship if you're not happy.  Some folks like it because they need that many people to read what they have to say.  Some people stay because it's just more aimed at their posting style.  To each their own.

I will say, they've banned many folks for no really legitimate reason over time, and they've let many trolls and general peckerheads go without even a slap on the wrist.  It's an bass ackwards way of running things, but that's their gig.

Free Cable!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheWildWombat

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: August 10, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I did say good riddance "for the most part."  I have my own issues with RS but when they do finally crack down on those that take away from the community there I'm in full support.

I know that some of the JD guys got banned, at one time, for just being members here and it wasn't for anything they personally did.  I know someone who got banned for something he wrote on his own web site, being critical of an RS employee, which was completely uncalled for.  But I'm not going to feel sorry for anyone that gets booted, from any site, that deserves it.  If you didn't, take it up with the mods over there, calling me out isn't going to help your case.

E...

But thats the point most of us if any of us didnt deserve it, yes I can understand a slap on the wrist and be told to knock it off, for what ever we did, but we didnt get told what we did, we were just banned outright, and even now I still dont know what I did.

And for those who dont know the story.

The story starts with Grak; a smug, self-righteous, arrogant punk. He joined in April, and already has a Grand Moff ranking. That means he posted more than 1,000 times, at least.

He's been wishing to cause trouble for the 365th, and in doing so, gained a bleak view of what we do. He claims we troll forums and just do stuff to be funny and arrogant at the same time, which is not true.

Well, he and Devo73 got in a little argument, which Curto stepped in to solve, and had under control. But, Dustin came in five posts later and banned both members for a week.

Grak, "fed up" with us, starts to report threads, pretending to be a victim of our "attacks." In the Modern Classifieds threads, he posted a forum trying to be a Mod wanna-be. The thread was met with less than enthusiastic responses and with a ban for Hrvat, which was uncalled for.

Then in the Feedback section he posts ways to improve the Classifieds. Go figure. Well, Hrvat, with all good intentions, asks Dustin to check out the situation with Grak over at RS. Grak, with his "two sides to every story" spiel, brings Dustin over to Bantha Skull.

He and the Ohio Star Wars Collector's Club have had some awful experiences, which has caused some, colorful names from these former members. Dustin, seeing these names, bans all of the Bantha Skullers who have accounts on Rebelscum with the same name.

E-mail attempts to Phillip were for naught, as he sent out a generic e-mail, claiming that the "upstanding" members of the society of RS would not stand for our behaivor, and that if he cast a wide net and caught some innocents, too bad. Turns out they did stand for us. He also claimed to file a police report if he sees more of this. So, all in all, 20 members were outright deleted from the members list, while some members remained. These members have brought this to light to other upstanding members, and they were outraged.

In an attempt to cover up the situation, Dustin has deleted the threads named, "The Little Things That Irritate You v9," "What's Wrong with Star Wars in 2008 v3" and "Banthaskull.com", along with bans to several additional members whom, on the RS threads, continued to question the draconian response by the Rebelscum leadership.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:21 AM by SurvivorofRebelscum »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3747 on: August 10, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Well, he and Devo73 got in a little argument, which Curto stepped in to solve, and had under control. But, Dustin came in five posts later and banned both members for a week.

No ****?  Devo73 was involved in a drama queen moment at a forum that resulted in some kind of punishment?  No way?  Get the torches and pitchforks.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheWildWombat

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: August 10, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I see we only care what happens to our own in here, hmmmmmmm, oh well.

And heres me thinking that you might have been interested you know, seeing RS done a similair thing to some of your members as well.

Just shows you how much this little hobby is actually closed off, from each other.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: August 10, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I read the thread on BanthaSkull and followed some of the threads on RS just to see exatly what happened.  But then I discovered that according to the BanthaSkull guys I'm an internet ******bag, falling into the same category with Dustin and Wise.  So there went any sympathy that reading those threads had built up in favor of the BS guys.

My only disappointment in all this is that you guys couldn't have found a way to take TK421 (Gil) with you.

E...