Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583309 times)

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: The Scum's New Look
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2004, 01:36 PM »
I dont like it that much, it takes forever for it to load for me, and im on dsl.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2004, 01:38 PM »
My biggest problem with it (besides it being ugly, the constant errors, and the fact that I can't post there at all) would be the lack of information per page.

They show like 9 topics per page - and threads go to the next page after what seem slike a very small number of posts - the WAP thread (your stance on it aside) went from an already outrageous 315 pages to over 1100.

Even with the search tool it's pretty much impossible to navigate.

Although I doubt anything will change, if anyone with access could bring up the problems maybe in the feedback section - I'd appreciate it.

Phillip didn't seemed to be concerned at all by the idea that Norton would keep people from being able to get into the forums.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2004, 01:44 PM »
They show like 9 topics per page - and threads go to the next page after what seem slike a very small number of posts - the WAP thread (your stance on it aside) went from an already outrageous 315 pages to over 1100.

You can set topics / replies per page in you profile.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2004, 01:51 PM »

You can set topics / replies per page in you profile.

I was pretty sure you could set topics, but I didn't know you could do replies per page.  good to know - now, if I could just somehow be allowed to actually post...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2004, 01:53 PM »
I believe they have finally moved to the same software GH has been using for over 2 years...I do like that stuff better than the old because I can reduce the number of sections, edit the number of posts on the screen, see who is online etc...that is cool.  Why they are going to a copycat system and not something all new is a little baffling.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Update - Apparently I'm unbanned...

You might wanna fix that, I haven't apoligized yet for "making fun of other members... especially making fun of moderators," as Philip Wise put it.

And I won't be apoligizing to Greg(g)/GNT/God, ever.  :-*

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2004, 02:35 PM »
But on the bright side, I did move up in the world there - from Member #2875 to #1760.  Did they purge a bunch of the inactive folks, I wonder...  Or did things just go that wonky with the switch?

I went from Member #3 to Member #7.  :(

Rob, I was playing around and having Norton running on my Win XP system didn't cause any problems with posting for me.

After using this software over at GH for a while now, it's not that big of a deal for me. Hopefully the errors and slowness are only temporary.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I logged in just to check and I dropped all the way to member #823 from #1404 (or something like that).

I can't say that I love the color sceme though.  I agree with the others who thought it was too bright.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Color me unimpressed personally...

-First the look is horrific.  I felt like I was looking at an atomic bomb detonation.  Very hurtful to the eyes, difficult to read, etc...

-Doesn't fit my screen totally so I now have a horozontal scroll bar that I didn't have before.

-The whole PM thing is frustrating to say the least, as some of us might have been SAVING PM's in our sent box for a specific reason and weren't alerted to this.  

-Did I mention it looks pretty terrible?  

-It's horrifically slow.  I have a great cable connection, and it's literally taking minutes to open pages for me.  This should change I'd hope, but if it doesn't I can safely say my time there will be finished...  I think others will agree with that.

The only thing I can say is that they can change it likely, and they probably will before it's all said and done, but the colors I doubt they bther changing at all.  And those are the biggest eyesore....  

I was expecting something really special actually, but color me unimpressed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I think the look is pretty rough looking, but I am sure they are just getting things set up. I can tell you it was surely a large task upgrading the forum and their will always be bugs to start.

I guess with the announcing of Scum's new forum software and look, I could announce that JediDefender will quite possibly be getting a total site revamp as well as a forum upgrade when the version is released out of Beta. I will start a thread to see what everyone thinks.

Linky
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 02:58 PM by Chris Berry »

SilverZ

« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Well, it doesn't actually bother me too much, visually. Smilies are rubbish though. Maybe those post counts reappearing will reinvigorate "core members" of the forum there. ::)

I drudged up my account to see if I was even still there, and sure enough, I am. #1709 and haven't posted since 9/17/02.  8) I guess that's the day I graduated.

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Can't say I like it.

Like others have said, its slow, looks bad, and pages arent loading right for me.  Oh well.  Thats just too bad.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Can anybody actually get it right now?  I'm clicking the link on the RS front page and it says I'm not authorized to view the page.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2004, 06:10 PM »
About an hour ago I got a message about UBBClassic or something like that.

Sounds like they're working on some more modifications.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Only one thing to say.............

WORST WEBPAGE RECONSTRUCTION EVER!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 06:42 PM by hansolo_506 »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry