Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583245 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Scum's New Look
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2004, 06:49 PM »
I'm getting the same message you are right now Bill.

I can safely say that if some of the MAJOR things aren't worked out (the horozontal scrolling, page load time, etc.) then I'm dumping Scum from my visitation list all together.  The conversation has been on the downward slope since Saga started really...  I rather enjoyed their previous look better, so I'm torn.  The graphics I can stomach, and smilies aren't important to me anyway, but the load time and side-scroll are obnoxious to me.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2004, 08:04 PM »
I was just there...It's fine for me...

Pages loading quick...

Tweeked my options to make it all like the Old RS...save the colors...they're a bit bright, but I haven't run into any bugs yet. You know me though...they're coming down the pike.

EDIT: Ran into a bug....Lost all my sent PMs. >:( A couple trades just went flying out the window! >:(

« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 08:05 PM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 28, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Ugh, reminds me of GH. It's the exact same software. I'll repost my complaints since I'm too lazy to rewrite evreything...

Reminds me a lot of Galactic Hunter... Wait, this is the exact same layout as them!

I think it will take some getting used to, especially with the many paged threads.

Anyone checked the Who's Online thing? Holy cow, no wonder the forums are slow sometimes.

We definately need the old post icons back.

Like I said, it'll just take some getting used to. I'll give it about a week.

Huh? I can't even edit my last post!

And what's with the server time? It's like 7 minutes off of my PC time (I set in to +2, and it says "7:58" while my PC says "7:51". That's gonna drive me insane like it did on another forum I post at...

I just noticed the Member Number changes. I feel so... dirty with a smaller number. Is that going to be fixed?

That being said, I want the time fixed, the original member numbers back, and the Edit feature returned! >:(

All of my old PM's returned as well. WTF???

Quick loads for me...

That's about all I have to say. GO BACK TO THE OLD 'SCUM!!!!!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #393 on: April 28, 2004, 11:21 PM »
I don't like it at all.

It's just one more reason not to go there.  The quality of discussion there has been going downhill for a long, long time, but that's not news.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 28, 2004, 11:29 PM »
I'll be nice.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 11:57 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2004, 02:22 AM »
I hopped in there before bed hoping they'd at least fixed the side-scroll that a lot of us are experiencing...  The end of every topic's cut off for me still and I have to scroll to see the thread in its entirety (like someone posted a damn large pic, but in EVERY thread)...

That's not fixed then, so now I wonder if they're going to bother or if this is how they want it?  I'm done there if that's the case.  I'm not pissing with scrolling in every topic I read for every reply I read.  Might fit some screens but not mine so F it.

Things are slow there too...  I think it's turning a LOT of the people that do participate away right now.

It's at least loading fast now...  Still, I wonder if the fixes are done, and this is it, or what?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2004, 07:16 AM »
Not that I post there much anymore, but I checked it out this morning.  Tried to log in and it tells me my password is incorrect.  I logged in again thinking I mistyped and the same thing happened.  My password is either one of two things on all my accounts and since RS is one of the first places I registered, my password is definitely the first one.  I didn't start using the second one until last year.  And you know what, I really don't care.  I could email them and tell them, but I don't see the point.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Somewhere along the line, Rebelscum just stopped being fun.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2004, 11:11 AM »
I dropped from 156 to 143...I noticed P Diddy Wise is now Member #2 ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2004, 11:18 AM »
I dropped from 156 to 143...I noticed P Diddy Wise is now Member #2 ::)

Steve Sansweet is member #1 !!

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 29, 2004, 11:37 AM »
Great to see that the forum now fits my 800x600 screen :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 29, 2004, 12:28 PM »
After all the problems yesterday - it seems like many of them have been worked out (although several still remain).

Also, it wasn't Norton but Symantec running on my work machine - and without changing anything on my end, I'm able to post from work again...so...whatever...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #402 on: April 29, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Can't even get in now.  I'm on a cable modem here at the office, and I can't even get their main forum page to load.  No biggie, just entertaining really.

On another note, looks like GH has followed suit and redone their forums as of this morning as well.  Maybe it'll just take some getting used to there, but I liked the old design a little better.  The colors are easier on the eyes now, but I don't think the overall layout/design is as "classy" as it was before.  I'm sure Mike will be tweaking it a little more, so I should probably wait to pass final judgement 'til it's all finished.

Not to mention we're looking into redesigning ours soon too.  Always in motion is the future...of SW collecting forums.   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 29, 2004, 02:36 PM »
Can't even get in now.  I'm on a cable modem here at the office, and I can't even get their main forum page to load.  No biggie, just entertaining really.

On another note, looks like GH has followed suit and redone their forums as of this morning as well.  Maybe it'll just take some getting used to there, but I liked the old design a little better.  The colors are easier on the eyes now, but I don't think the overall layout/design is as "classy" as it was before.  I'm sure Mike will be tweaking it a little more, so I should probably wait to pass final judgement 'til it's all finished.

RS has been on & off for awhile this morning.

Ya might want to check out this announcement over at GH Matt.  :-*

New Color Scheme and OTC Forums

I changed mine back to the old way.  ;)  Better on the eyes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2004, 03:35 PM »
I visited now, and thankfully they did away with the scrolling...

Now I just despise the color scheme, and I'm somewhat peeved at the purging of the member #'s.  Not that it's a HUGE deal by any means, but it's insulting to do away with members who just aren't active and bump people up who AREN'T people who "were there" in the olden CSW days.

I was #1214 I think, and now i'm like in the 600's...  There's something wrong with taking the place of someone who WAS there before me, should he/she decide to return.  Then again, it may have been a necessity to clear out things there so benefit of the doubt and all.  Nonetheless, there's members there didn't deserve bumping up ahead of guys like Dax, Burn, etc...  Maybe just nostalgia on my part, and remembering when the site was a lot more fun because of the people who MADE things fun.

Just my three fiddy...