Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583288 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3915 on: December 9, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Holy Crap! Anybody following this Scott McWilliams flap over at RS? What a douche! (Do not sue me - that is not libel)

Glad I have never dropped $$$ on any vintage prototypes, sounds like a lot of stuff in circulation now is complete bunk. That sucks...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3916 on: December 9, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Fortunately Scott only sold to a limited number of collectors, and it's all been pretty well documented.  Unless I'm mistaken all of the fake are now out of circulation.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: December 9, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Fortunately Scott only sold to a limited number of collectors, and it's all been pretty well documented.  Unless I'm mistaken all of the fake are now out of circulation.

Hopefully... will be interesting to see how this turns out...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3918 on: December 9, 2010, 03:32 PM »
How'd he fake them, just out of curiosity?  I haven't heard anything about this.

OK, soooo...  I just saw on their front page that there were threads discussing this, and Philip deleted them?

If there's evidence against or for someone's case on their forums, and Philip removed it, what would be the motivation for that?  That seems counter-productive to the process of sorting out the mess.   :-\
« Last Edit: December 9, 2010, 03:46 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: December 9, 2010, 03:50 PM »
How'd he fake them, just out of curiosity?  I haven't heard anything about this.

OK, soooo...  I just saw on their front page that there were threads discussing this, and Philip deleted them?

If there's evidence against or for someone's case on their forums, and Philip removed it, what would be the motivation for that?  That seems counter-productive to the process of sorting out the mess.   :-\

I just read this blog Greenharvest, and the first post from the now removed thread is on it.  Also the letter that Philip Wise got.  Sad that those people may of been scam out of money.  Hopefully they will get it back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3920 on: December 9, 2010, 07:15 PM »
This reminds me, at least loosely, about a story that happened in the 1:18 military world...  A guy scammed a ton of people out of money and they banned together via the forum for the hobby to get him, and ultimately they did.  I think the guy even did a little jail time, and some of the people's items were recovered.  Perhaps a great many items actually.

I didn't keep tabs on it because I didn't get involved and hadn't dealt with the guy, but it seemed to me the hammer really dropped and a lot of people left happy from the situation.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: December 9, 2010, 07:44 PM »
@ Jesse: Cool Story.

Good to know that not you don't have to be a jedi to be a guardian of peace and justice in our galaxy  ;D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: December 9, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Whoever wrote that letter either isn't a lawyer or doesn't have a strong understanding of english legal terms. Or the letter was written by Lionel Hurtz.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3923 on: December 9, 2010, 09:50 PM »
@ Jesse: Cool Story.

Good to know that not you don't have to be a jedi to be a guardian of peace and justice in our galaxy  ;D

Yeah, it went on for a while and I guess stuff comes up about it still now and again, so you never know.  I just hope if people were scammed that they get their money back.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: December 10, 2010, 02:06 AM »
Whoever wrote that letter either isn't a lawyer or doesn't have a strong understanding of english legal terms.

The lawyer's office is in Orlando so he may have taken a course in Disney from Mickey...  or they need a new secretary!   :D

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: December 10, 2010, 07:37 AM »
I cannot comment on this story for fear of getting a poorly written letter that threatens my massive amounts of income that this site generates.... ::)
Ok gotta go to my real job now to pay for hosting....

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3926 on: December 20, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that CoolToyReview has become CoolEbaySponsorLink?  If you look reeeealy hard, you can actually see a couple of news posts in between those revenue-generating links.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: December 21, 2010, 01:20 AM »
It always interests me to see what websites choose to highlight on eBay.  I think RS had a regular eBay spotlight column back several years ago.  I remember at least twice having auctions featured that I was watching and then sat and watched the prices skyrocket. 

Specifically, the European TPM Battle Droid 2-packs come to mind.  They were seemingly flying under the radar back when they first came out till auctions started getting highlighted and suddenly I couldn't afford them anymore.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: December 21, 2010, 02:53 AM »
I only check out their Photo Archive since they have pictures of lines other websites generally don't have (Indiana Jones, Marvel Universe, etc.) and plus I like Curto's photography. However, I don't think their archive has been updated in at least a year. No Iron Man 2, no 3.75 inch Spider-Man... ah well.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: December 21, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Yeah, their photo archive fell off, definitely.  But I think it's because Curto doesn't work for RS anymore, he has a real job so I think that cuts into his photography time.  Even the Star Wars photo archive is behind where it used to be pretty much right up to date with the most recent releases. They're at least 3 waves behind on Clone Wars right now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"