Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583225 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3960 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21 PM »

... the moderator's response to that was like "let's not get into what rights you have on our board"

That was a nice touch I thought. 

I saw the comment and like so many others, recall why I left so many years ago (though I'm still a registered member there).  I understand the need for rules but wow, way to make 'em feel welcome.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3961 on: September 20, 2011, 12:01 AM »
They have not mentioned it, but a new feature of the forums is that you can read it in the original German.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28 AM »
They have not mentioned it, but a new feature of the forums is that you can read it in the original German.

Have at thee.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: September 20, 2011, 05:21 PM »

That made me chuckle when I first read it this morning.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45 PM »
I have frequented there less and less over the years, but find the new forum to be a step back.  I'll probably spend even less time there.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: September 22, 2011, 04:19 PM »
(It's too bad the GH forums have **** the bed, by the way.)

Too bad indeed...it went downhill when we couldn't get any support on controlling spambots.  Finally the whole thing crashed...a handful of the faithful mods kept trying to contact the sys admins with no response.  I guess they just decided to let it die, and didn't see it as importat enough to tell anyone.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: September 22, 2011, 04:51 PM »
I have frequented there less and less over the years, but find the new forum to be a step back.  I'll probably spend even less time there.

I actually think it's not that bad, after taking a few days to get used to it.  Of all the things the old forum did that the new one doesn't, that I liked, was the ability to view a thread by pages or all at once.  I miss the all at once feature.

Other than that, it seems to be running okay.  I haven't had any problems that others have reported and it took a few days to get used to the new layout, but I think I'm fine with it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: September 22, 2011, 04:53 PM »

A few years ago, for a short period I refrained from visiting RS, but have been an active user for some time again. I mostly visit the customizing sections (which have always been maintained in a poor manner has always had a design not to my liking) and the classifieds. In fact, I made most forum deals with RS members.

I'm with Chewie on this, though. Well, let the Wookiee win, eh? But seriously, I agree with him. This ridiculous Editing rule really does it for me. As a customizer, and one who likes to show in-progress pictures, editing your initial post(s) is well.... vital. The same goes for classifieds. I know, you can still edit your first post in that section, but a lot of people split up their wants and haves in first and second posts to make things clearer.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any other forum, except TFN, that doesn't allow post-editing....

Time to let go of the Rebels and go back to JD and hopefully get the customizing section in full effect again.

EDIT: chose some wrong words to express my thoughts and rephrased them  :-\ Again, no harm intended.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:28 PM by IncomT65 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Time to let go of the Rebels and go back to JD and hopefully get the customizing section in full effect again.

Please do. I miss seeing your stuff.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: September 23, 2011, 07:08 AM »

Please do. I miss seeing your stuff.

Er... I updated my thread some time ago already, Phruby  :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Very cool new stuff there. I need to check more often.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3971 on: September 25, 2011, 03:42 PM »
I'd forgotten about all this stuff...  It makes me laugh as any of it gets brought back up like something you just couldn't digest fully.  All the Greg(g) stuff, Bertha...  I bet she's still around, and I bet not one thing has changed.

I'm having so many blue/brown coat flashbacks too.  That was epic.  Fleet Trooper debating...  For me that was epic.  Good times since it made you realize, "This is so dumb, I'm going to just walk away from it".

It still amazes me though, all the problems they can't wrangle in, and they are more agitated with the people who question their authority/reasoning...  Don't sweat the big ****, let's just worry about the guys that ask too many questions.

My best memories are of the really super defensive fanboys of characters that weren't even remotely interesting. Jango Fett, Trebor Coleman, etc. The rage quitting and crybaby antics when they realized ICMG and Lobot's Duplex, etc., were parodies of them, CLASSIC!

I still have a perfect mental image of that art or science project Greg(g) made. Also his mustache. And Bertha's mustache, too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:43 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3972 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I still laugh at people who get mad about "Nein Numb" not being spelled right, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: September 27, 2011, 09:05 AM »
I had forgotten all about Bertha and the fun that ensued when these treasures were dug up:

She had a hissy-fit and Dean just kept egging her on.   It was such a train wreck.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: December 10, 2011, 06:42 PM »
I want to know who Curto has been blowing!  I can't believe Topps gave him another run at the sketch cards and of course his illustrations still suck as hard as ever.  I remember his defense was that he was rushed with a very short time line to produce them  ::) oh yeah...

Nice Bertha picks btw, what a termite!