Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587272 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Scum's New Look
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2004, 04:06 PM »

Now I just despise the color scheme, and I'm somewhat peeved at the purging of the member #'s.  

I actually think there are lots of options for other color schemes you can personalize your settings to use.

It's back up and running and I'm slowly getting used to it... my two peeves now are that the thread most recently posted in doesn't go to the top of the page - and the WAP thread that everyone hates refuses to load - it just times out all the time.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2004, 05:29 PM »
I can't stand it. The W&P thread is freaking useless now, and I don't like the little add-ons. It has an ignore feature that doesn't work, and a laundry list too numerous to take the effort and post.

I posted that I'll give  them a week to work out the bugs before I start posting over there again (not that I'm sure they give a flying phuck). It IS difficult so go through such a massive change like that and NOT have problems.

A friend of mine owns a local board here in Dallas, and his upgrade was a nightmare. I had to help with it, and it was headache after headache. We lost 3 days of posts, which pissed everybody off, too.

So, I feel their pain. Upgrading board software is a hard earned way

Offline hasek3993

• Youngling
  • scalpers are figments of your imagination
    • View Profile
    • scruffy customs
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2004, 05:36 PM »
thats one of the smaller reasons i came over here, it looks terrible and its real hard to see ANYTHING. oh well  no biggie, ill still check there for trades and props , but  not much else.
i love it when a plan comes together

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2004, 10:40 PM »
The W&P thread is freaking useless now

Truer words were never spoken!

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2004, 11:32 PM »
Wow..WAP isn't opening and now I'm getting timed out logging in.

Also...It says "The forum is being moved to another server. Back soon."

So...What's your take on this?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 1, 2004, 12:17 AM »
Wow..WAP isn't opening and now I'm getting timed out logging in.

Also...It says "The forum is being moved to another server. Back soon."

So...What's your take on this?

The WAP thread has been having some trouble - but was working fine for me today.

As for the new server thing - I assume it means just that - they're changing servers - probably as part of working out the bugs.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2004, 05:44 PM »
I don't know why, but I started a thread at Rebelscum on a new topic related to a very old thread.  I felt it was a good enough subject to warrant it's own thread, but one of the mods, who seems to enjoy his post, deemed my thread crap and gave the old standard "use the other thread" line.

I guess I wouldn't have been as ticked off about it, but to me it was a viable topic.  You would think there would be some system in line to have a mod email the person that started the thread and have them give reasons why it should or shouldn't be closed.

I guess I wouldn't have been as ticked off about it, but this same mod starts all these absolutely inane threads in other parts of the Scum forum.

Am I the only one that is really starting to get tired with how Scum seems to be going to someplace warmer in a container carried by hand?

Is that why we are all over here at JD?

(Jumping off my soapbox now.. someone else can jump on)
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rebelscum.. is it just me??
« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Is that why we are all over here at JD?

Um...  BINGO!   ;)  And most of us have been for quite some time.  Not that we don't all love Greg(g) dearly though.   :P

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #413 on: June 11, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Frankly... Rebelscum sucks.

I'm honored to say I'm banned from their site.

SilverZ

« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2004, 06:18 PM »
RS is like a bad memory of my Freshman year of High School - nothing I need to experience again.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was thinking of starting a similar thread about people's division of time posting on all the major boards. I'm curious how people divide their time - do folks here still post at all at RS? At GH? Do you guys find yourselves having the same conversations twice if posting at more than one place, or are there differences that keep you in those communities?

I haven't posted at RS since GH opened - the maturity level scared me away even before the rule of GNT, and now I don't post at GH simply because I feel I get my fill here. I don't even cruise and lurk like I used to, with the exception of checking the local area reports. That's just how I manage to focus my attention - GH has always been cool.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:21 PM by Tydirium »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: June 11, 2004, 06:26 PM »
I'm glad you brought this up because I was thinking of starting a similar thread about people's division of time posting on all the major boards.

Other boards.   ;)

(feel free to give it a bump, if you'd like)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:27 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #416 on: June 11, 2004, 06:37 PM »
(feel free to give it a bump, if you'd like)

Looks like it's been done to death, so I'll take a pass.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2004, 06:37 PM »
since i found this place, i rarely post over at rs, and i never signed up at gh (at least i don't think i did. if i did, i may have posted once or twice.).

the only sections i even check at rs anymore are the classifieds.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2004, 06:45 PM »
I think that is one of the stuipid things about RS.  There is no set rule on how long an old topic should stay un-bump and a new topic started (except now with the 500 post limits).  I have't posted a lot on Scum lately for a number of reasons some of them being Greg(g) and Greg(g) Jr but I enjoy the stuipdity of they fights they have.  I also have posted alot over at GH since the War and politics thread was moved there and the whole mess of people went over there.  I'm just glad JD has said no politics allowed with some exceptions to help ensure nothing gets out of hand before anything starts.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2004, 06:59 PM »
I'll ocassionaly post at Rebelscum, but not much. I have something in mind though for this summer. Go out with a bang (shout out to Greg(g) who is no doubt reading this) I think. That place is going to be a mad house come the DVD influx anyway.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -