Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586708 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1200 on: March 31, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Hey, I'm not hating on the 501st at all, I just find it rediculous that they are on security duty. It's just a bit much. That still won't stop me from getting my photo taken with them, if I can.  8)

If I had the extra cash, no doubt I'd be in their ranks, but not as security.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1201 on: March 31, 2005, 02:17 PM »
I heard Justin just left and told them to remove him, he wasn't banned.

SLC, Justin = CHEWIE.  Were you referring to the other Justin (JediKnight760071)?

'Cause Justin/CHEWIE said (above) that he very much was surprised to open their forum only to find out he'd been inexplicably banned.  He definitely didn't just leave of his own accord...

Ohhh... I thought  you were talking about the other Justin as in JK760071. Casue he left by himself. I am really pissed that they did that to CHEWIE, I put a JD link in my sig over there in his honor.
"This is the way."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 31, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Guys I don't what to tell ya with this whole mess. I might even get reprimanded or given the boot flat outright, but I gotta say if you hadn't done anything over there you shouldn't haven been banned. JediMac, you've been one of the cooler guys and have always had a kind word. So your presence over there, no tmatter how small it was, will be missed.

Oh and it's about having a JD e-mail listed that he'll ban ya!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:25 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 31, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Lady Jaye, my respect for you has just grown a million-fold.  To have the guts to speak honestly here, well that gets you a thumbs up in my books (for what its worth).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Hi Josh,

In regards to your statement that the TRU spam wasn't a big deal - you're right to a certain extent.

I have NEVER given RS my work email addy and sure as ****, I got that stupid TRU email.  The only time I EVER sent it was in a PM to Zod.

Are the PM's monitored?  I mean, can a mod or administrator read them if he/she really wanted to?  I'm thinking so.

And of course, I may be mistaken, but I can't recall signing up for a contest (when was the last time RS ever GAVE anything away?  And my sign up email is some POS hotmail account which I don't give a **** about in regards to spam...

BTW, if there is only one reason to come over here to JD, it's the ability to curse when you feel it's necessary!!   :P ;D :D ;) :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Ahhh, my fellow comrades all together...Cable, Zod and the guy that can't spell.   :P

I, too, received that TRU email at work and I am still wondering how the hell that thing got through our spamware and how RS even got it!!

I tell ya, that Wise character is making money hand over fist off of us - he's whoring us out!!

8)

Dude! Glad to see you here!
I went by Balki at RS until recently. Spuffy started up a Iowa finds thread, so please, join us!  :)

HMI!  Glad to see you kept your "original" user name over here!  I've always liked it!  You can bet I'll be posting in the Iowa Finds thread - no wonder I have not seen Spuffy over at RS - he's posting his finds here!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2005, 02:32 PM »
BTW, if there is only one reason to come over here to JD, it's the ability to curse when you feel it's necessary!!   :P ;D :D ;) :)

Indeed.  One of the benefits of hangin' out with the grown ups for a change.  I was wondering when some of you newer folks would catch on to that fun little benefit...  ;)

For those that don't know, there's a language filter on/off checkbox somewhere in your profile, so you can adjust whether you want to see some of our dirty words here, or not...

We generally keep the profanity within reason though, of course.  No two page long profanity laced diatribes please.  Unless you're a staff member here, in which you're granted that additional privelege.  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1207 on: March 31, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Guys I don't what to tell ya with this whole mess. I might even get reprimanded or given the boot flat outright, but I gotta say if you hadn't done anything over there you shouldn't haven been banned. JediMac, you've been one of the cooler guys and have always had a kind word. So your presence over there, no tmatter how small it was, will be missed.

Oh and it's about having a JD e-mail listed that he'll ban ya!!

Thank ya' LJ.  Though I fear you may have just put yourself in harm's way by making that comment, but like Jess just said - I'm impressed with your braveness.

CHEWIE doesn't have the JD e-mail though, just the sig.  Only the staff here has JD e-mail accounts, and not all of us even use them at RS.  I just had my AOL addy there in my profile.  I'm pretty sure it's anything remotely related to JD that's grounds for dismissal there at this point.  I don't think Philip likes us too much over here for some reason...  :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 31, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Wise doesn't like JD.com because he perceives you guys (and I guess the collective "us" of the forums) as a threat.  He has the mentality of an abusive spouse toward the people who post there (as in, "I'll do whatever the hell I want and if you don't like it you can leave.  But you won't leave because you love me.") and seems to be inherently spiteful toward the rest of the SW collecting community in general.  JD has just become the target of his impotent wrath because you/we are the most visible dissent against his reign as "king of the SW fansites."

I hate to break it to you, Wise, but TFN is a joke.  TFN is a punchline amongst every other SW fansite, and nobody has forgotten your little TFN forum stunts from last fall.  What started as a decent collecting site at RS has turned into a advertisement-laden speculation fest where the first priority is to fulfill the wishes of the sponsors.  He most likely views the people who visit the site with utter contempt, and he views himself as some sort of godlike figure. 

Wise is not a fan of SW: he is an opportunist.  He has stated as much in articles where he cries about not being allowed greater access to the ROTS set and information, contrasting it with TheOneRing.net's access to the LOTR films, and stating (in reference to being a SW fan who isn't treated like the deity he thinks he is) that he "backed the wrong franchise."  In other words, he's not a fan of the films or the toys anymore; he's a fan of himself and feels that he is more important than anyone else out there in the fan community and that he should be treated as such.

And as for Wise who may be secretly reading this forum (and this very post), I can only say this: you work on a website.  You do not work on finding cures for cancer or AIDS.  You do not save starving children.  You do not work for social change and (on a much smaller level) you do not give anything back to the fan community.  You work on a website which succeeded because of the combined efforts of a lot of different people and not just because of Philip Wise.  You are no more important than I am, or than anyone else in this fan community.

In fact, if you want to get right down to it, you're probably less important and deserving of being ignored than anyone else in the fan community because your modus operandi is to make a buck off the fan community you feel you are the paramour of and you have given nothing back to it.  People like those who run JD.com, GH.com, Yakface, the Jawa, or whatever do this because they love the films and they get very little fringe benefits from doing so.  You do it so your wallet can get a little bit fatter off the work of others.  So look in the mirror and congratulate yourself, Mr. Wise, for selling out the fan community you presume to represent.

On a semi-related note, can someone do a Photoshop of the Frank Zappa and MOI album cover "We're Only In It For the Money" with Wise and other pertinent RS.com members' heads posted on it?  That would be nice to see.

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 31, 2005, 03:11 PM »
He's banning all of the older members. Bannin CHEWIE is just ridiculous. >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Well, I did it. I finally cut my ties with RS. It's JD full time for me now. And FFURG too.

Philip can suck my dick, I'm done with him and his site forever.
"This is the way."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1211 on: March 31, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Ruiner asked:

Are the PM's monitored?  I mean, can a mod or administrator read them if he/she really wanted to?  I'm thinking so.

No, they can't.  At least not when I was a moderator.  I also run a set of boards for my local 501st group and that's a right I don't have there.

PM is PM.
  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1212 on: March 31, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Nataku = Banned

At least I got a "we're closing your account soon" courtesy PM so I could finish up a few trades I was working on...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 31, 2005, 03:54 PM »
 ::)

You got banned?  Matt I can understand, but you?   ;D

I think I have a grand total of about 15 posts over there, I wonder if I'm on the **** list too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1214 on: March 31, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Wow...so because you work for JD you've been shown the door

This, this is just amazing.  So you can't talk about what a ****** site Rebelscum has become anywhere?  

"The more you tighten your grip, Wise, the more posters will slip through your fingers."

Oh, P Wise, btw, we have more than enough hard evidence to show your posting has declined over 10% since last year, while JediDefender has risen 20%, so keep up the great work!!!!! :-*