Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581169 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1245 on: March 31, 2005, 05:29 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out why there's still adult members in the collecting community who would actually want to hang out over at RS (speaking primarily of the modern figure and Wuher's boards here).  Yeah, yeah - I know - there's a billion posts to read there.  Just sad that quantity and total zoo-like insanity still matters more to some people than quality, respect, and friendships...  

Since I seem to be the only one reading this Rebelscum hatefest that could be described by the above paragaph, I will reply.  

Aside from what I've already said I like about Rebelscum (and don't need to repeat for the umpteenth time) I don't think that quitting a site YOU enjoy just because your friend is getting the royal screwjob from them is the right thing to do.

Some analogies to support this:

1. Ever worked somewhere where a friend quits or gets fired?  There's always that lunch afterwards where the inevitable "Why don't we all f'ing quit?" conversation comes up.   Is that really ever a good idea?

2.  Ever drive the same car as a friend (Or own the same electronics device) as them?  Example:  My friend has a PS2 that died on him twice, so he swore off Sony and sold everything he owned from them.  Should I follow suit, even though I've never had a problem playing with my PS2?

3.  Third and most applicable....ever been friends with someone that another one of your friends has had a falling out with?  Or maybe you're friends with the person that becomes their ex?  It's a real tough position to be in when they're talking all this crap about a person you are still friendly with.....who you haven't had any problems with.  But you walk the line and make it work, because you have no reason to hate that person too, just because your friend does.

Aside from the occasional slap on the wrist for some over the top comments (which I'm sure I deserved for one reason or another)....in my several years on Rebelscum, no one on the staff has ever been a jerk to me personally.  

I've always had great collecting discussions there, fun chats in Wuhers and found great deals in the classifieds (a lot of those deals with longtime JD members as well).

Another HUGE factor is I have met some buddies in the Seattle collecting scene I never would have met if it weren't for RS.  JD simply cannot touch these experiences for me. Not by a longshot.

Sure I like a lot of you guys over here.  I stop by whenever there's a hot topic (like this one) going on, and I stop by occasionally even when there's not.  I can't wait to hang out at C3 with a few of you to BS around or just go party after hours in the real world.

But all that aside....IMHO, Rebelscum is still the best site on the net for Collecting.  I've always been willing to say that hopefully maybe someday JD will be that site, but today is not that day.
Got Clones?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 31, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone here who has stuck up for me.  I do appreciate it.

And thanks for this site being here.  I really am thankful.

:P

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 31, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Gundam started this thread at RS just a few moments ago.  Hopefully it won't get deleted, but instead calmly answered by Philip and maybe this whole stupidity can be laid to rest.

"Ok, don't kill me if this shoul dnot be talked about but what happened to the JediDefender link?

Part of my daily routine is to come to 'scum....click on LINKS and from there I go to the sites I normaly check for news.

Today I noticed no Jedi Defender?

Did the big wigs at the sites have a fight and are not talking anymore?

I hope this topic is not deleted or locked....things like this shoul dbe talked about in the open....it seems sometimes things like this are huge behind the scenes but never talked about like this.... "

The Emperor Speaks:
The link was removed today, as well as all Jedi Defender staff were advised they could no longer use the Rebelscum forum.

This was done after constant and repeated use of our forum by some of their staff to bash Rebelscum.
Which isn't very nice, nor acceptable.

They have their own forum to do this on if they see fit.

I consider Rebelscum to be a place where friends of ours can communicate. Some of these people have abused this consideration in a manner we can no longer allow.

This is all that will be said on the subject because it doesn't deserve conversation.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 31, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Wait, we NEVER used their forum to bash them. We used our forum. I can only think of Scott's post padding thing, but that was two years ago.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 31, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Wait, we NEVER used their forum to bash them. We used our forum. I can only think of Scott's post padding thing, but that was two years ago.

Maybe it was my Get a life thread that he was refering to.  Its funny when I have no ties to JD except I post here but everyone here gets banned for this.   I guess the guys at GH but watch out too since I post there too, Phil care to ban the staff there too?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 31, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Man, looks like Philip and the Comittee of Public Safety are really cleaning that place out....

Too bad. Sorry you guys who didn't take part in the Spam issue got banned for it. :-\

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1251 on: March 31, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I still can't believe everyone got the axe, why not only the people who supposedly broke a rule? Since when is being a member of any other forum a banible offense?
"This is the way."

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 31, 2005, 05:55 PM »
Since Philip decided he was king.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 31, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Funny, Dave never posted in this thread nor over there regarding this issue.  Banning him is clearly a guilt by association thing. 

Ergo...
This was done after constant and repeated use of our forum by some of their staff to bash Rebelscum.

This is a lie.  Or at least you need to seriously view the world through some funky colored glasses to see the truth here.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 31, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Ill say it again, I am so glad that i have asked for my account to be removed, just as well I had a JD signature, so it was soon to happen.

Good Riddance I Say

Claude

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 31, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Amazing. KBZ, any answer on why your email was used?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1256 on: March 31, 2005, 06:10 PM »
The link was removed today, as well as all Jedi Defender staff were advised they could no longer use the Rebelscum forum.

They have their own forum to do this on if they see fit.

I consider Rebelscum to be a place where friends of ours can communicate. Some of these people have abused this consideration in a manner we can no longer allow.

This is all that will be said on the subject because it doesn't deserve conversation.

You know what, this response from Philip is complete and total bull****.  He banned jokabofe today there, and Dave hasn't even participated at RS in ages, let alone said anything bad about RS there.

He banned Nataku today, and similarly Jeff hasn't said anything bad about RS at RS.

He banned CHEWIE today, who's not even a staff member here for Christ's sake, and to my knowledge hasn't said anything bad about RS anywhere, though he had a JD link in his sig (but NOT a JD e-mail account).

And I was banned, and the only place I've said something bad about RS lately at RS is in that Spam thread that Jason posted there a few days ago.  That was pretty much it.  Considering there were about 50 people in that thread expressing their displeasure with Philip at the time, I hardly think my one or two comments in it warranted any special treatment.

Granted, I did tell Jimbo to shut the hell up and stop flaming everyone over there in two posts, and then I lambasted that homo-phobe scalper Matkatnadam over his scalping of the Lava Vader.  But again, a large number of other people did the same thing to both of those clowns.

So the bottom line is that Philip's flat out LYING over there about the reason for these bans.  We're not stupid enough to talk **** about Rebelscum AT Rebelscum (since Philip doesn't allow it, and we have more tact than that usually).  As everyone knows, we do pretty much all of our RS bashing over here, along with many other RS members who can't speak their mind over there.

So Philip and Dustin can keep lying all they want to everyone about the reason for the bans.  It had nothing to do with me fighting with Katmandu and Jimbo, and it had nothing to do with any of us talking **** about RS at RS.  It does however have everything to do with Philip's burning hatred of JediDefender, since he keeps losing most of his best members to us, and because this is the place where everyone discusses the truth about his site, and his disgustingly disrespectful attitude towards his members, who are nothing more than a meal ticket to him now.

It's disgusting really.

As for Jimbo suggesting he hasn't given me a second thought since we had to ban him from JD here long ago, that's absolutely laughable.  He's posted about me incessantly at sites like The Jawa and Trade Fed, where I wasn't even a member.  He even thanked me personally in his main page news post at Trade Fed (after we hadn't even corresponded in months), when he returned to that site since he was banned from all the rest at the time.  True, I do love popping into RS and putting that ******* troll in his place from time to time, since no one else there will, but that's about the extent of it.  It's often quite entertaining to check in on him and see how many people he's flamed the **** out of on any given day at RS.

He's just fortunate that Philip Wise made some bizarre "special arrangement" with him to allow him back into Rebelscum, after he'd already been banned from there at least twice. What's really strange, is that the first of Jimmy_'s bannings was because he was constantly berating Philip all over the forums there.  Now the two are best of friends, and Philip protects him at all costs.  Go figure...   ???
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 06:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 31, 2005, 06:15 PM »
He's just fortunate that Philip Wise made some bizarre "special arrangement" with him to allow him back into Rebelscum, after he'd already been banned from there at least twice. What's really strange, is that the first of Jimmy_'s bannings was because he was constantly berating Philip all over the forums there.  Now the two are best of friends, and Philip protects him at all costs.  Go figure...   ???

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 31, 2005, 06:21 PM »
I sent an email right after it happened to Dustin, and then Philip emailed me about it.  

I have just been reinstated, but still feel like this is a stain on the collecting community as so many people got the axe there that it just isn't funny.  And some people asked to be removed too.

There are some things that go on there that I don't like, so from now on the only posting I will probably do there will be in the customs and the trades section.  There are some good members there and I don't want to lose touch with them (but it seems like quite a few have made the switch to here).  I personally don't have a problem with anyone there, but the whole witch-hunt thing just makes me sick and leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, instead of 10% of my posts going here and 90% there, it will probably switch to 90% being here.  You guys are the best and I couldn't imagine not being part of the community here.

I know, some people will ask "Why would you even want to be reinstated after that????"  Only because there are some members there that I do like a lot; and I don't want to give up my friendship with them because of this - and mostly because I enjoy talking about customs over there.  I love it here even more, but I do wish there was some more traffic in our customs section.  

Trust me though, this is now my true home.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 31, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Amazing. KBZ, any answer on why your email was used?

Kevin

After waiting a little over a day with no response to the email, I sent a PM asking the question again.

I got a reply ironically saying that he didn't get my first email because his Spam filter probably caught it (hilarious in a few ways).  He asked which email address was the one in question.  I wrote him back with it and haven't heard anything else.  I'm assuming it's been removed - but I don't know one way or the other.