Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583267 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1485 on: April 6, 2005, 10:59 PM »
That kind of stuff is very rarely funny.  Perhaps Mel Brooks pulled it off with The Producers...  But to go so far as to relate a Star Wars message board's management team, however poorly they a job they are doing, to the SS and the Nazis does a dis-service to the monumental horror of that event and the people affected by it.  And it is unfair to almost anyone, particularly people running a toy website.

I'm all for Rebelscum This or Rebelscum That shirts or whatever, but no Nazi comparissons please.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 6, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Way to get that plug in there Bill - you really are the master at this.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 6, 2005, 11:10 PM »
That kind of stuff is very rarely funny.  Perhaps Mel Brooks pulled it off with The Producers...  But to go so far as to relate a Star Wars message board's management team, however poorly they a job they are doing, to the SS and the Nazis does a dis-service to the monumental horror of that event and the people affected by it.  And it is unfair to almost anyone, particularly people running a toy website.

I'm all for Rebelscum This or Rebelscum That shirts or whatever, but no Nazi comparissons please.

Indeed, there's no relationship between a holocaust and absurd management.  Well said Zod.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1488 on: April 6, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Way to get that plug in there Bill - you really are the master at this.

Did I mention we're raffling off a "Cable Original" drawing this week as part of http://CreatureCantina.com 's 4-year anniversary celebration?  I don't think I did.  I'll have to do it when I bump my art thread.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 6, 2005, 11:34 PM »
I especially like this quote from Dustin:

Additionally I will not discuss certain details surrounding another members banning in this forum. If that member wants to discuss it, please PM me.

How can a banned member PM him if they have no access to their PM's?

Offline RenegadeJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 7, 2005, 03:00 AM »
Wow...I am so glad I found this thread. Your feelings toward RS brought me too tears...really. To add to problems this sight has, myself and another memebr both recieved death threats from that fat f%$% Jimbo...I notified ol Philly Wise and he says I am totally BSing Yada Yada Yada...and I got the boot.

I really think Philly's biggest problem is the line of lemmings he has kneeling at his crotch...from "My pants are chaffing me" Jimbo to all the mornic "MODS"...

JediMac...I followed your recent debate with Matklebacknbok about his scalping of his Lava Vader, is he Collecting to Collect?
"Collect to Collect" what moron thought that statement up?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 7, 2005, 03:08 AM »
Wow...I am so glad I found this thread. Your feelings toward RS brought me too tears...really. To add to problems this sight has, myself and another memebr both recieved death threats from that fat f%$% Jimbo...I notified ol Philly Wise and he says I am totally BSing Yada Yada Yada...and I got the boot.

Are you serious?

Just Screencap the PM or whatever and send it to him.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 7, 2005, 03:19 AM »

Actually, how do you screencap?  Do you need particular software to do this?   :-[

Offline RenegadeJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 7, 2005, 03:25 AM »
JK...

I did that and I got a reply from PW that basically said, "You are making false and baseless accusations blah blah blah"

He had the threats in hand (from 2 members) and essentially said we were making it up.

I know Jimbo was full of crap but never the less I e-mailed paper trails to various relatives...if it turns out Jimbo is truly a psycho PW will have law enforcment knocking at his door...
"Collect to Collect" what moron thought that statement up?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1494 on: April 7, 2005, 03:49 AM »

Actually, how do you screencap?  Do you need particular software to do this?   :-[

Screencapping is rather easy if you have a PC (I don't know how to do it on a MAC). What you do is hold down the CTRL key and then press the Print Screen key. This will make a cap of everything on your screen at the time you hit the keys. Then all you have to do is run software like MS Paint or Photoshop and then select Edit from the menu bar and then Paste and you're all set. Hope that helps.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 7, 2005, 03:58 AM »
Well, holy schnikes!  It works.  Thanks Jason!   :D

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread... 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 7, 2005, 04:36 AM »
No prob Jesse2!  ;D

Here's another helpful hint that maybe you will listen to, unlike that IE-snob JesseJames.  :P Instead of using IE, use Mozilla Firefox, you'll be glad you did.

Thus ends today's quest to get one more person away from a Microsoft product....  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1497 on: April 7, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Don't listen to the Mozilla whore.  He'll lead you down paths of great dread and despair. :)

BTW I don't have to hit ctrl, just printscreen.  I dunno why.  I have a program to pull multiple shots from video games too for reference galleries that I never work on for FFURG.   :P

EDIT:  BTW I'm glad I wasn't the only one who laughed when I saw Dustin's quote about "if you have a problem with being banned here, PM me"....  I truly let a chuckle, partly in disbelief at what I had read, out.  I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but it made me laugh nonetheless.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 05:35 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 7, 2005, 05:44 AM »
I'm not a Mozilla whore, I just believe in the use of a superior and less-buggy product. Besides, the people who help out in the Mozilla program mostly don't get paid anyways. So I guess then that would make me a ****. :P Now get back to making those caps for FFURG!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 7, 2005, 10:26 AM »
At the risk of running further off topic, I'm just going to add that I don't use Cntrl when printing-screen either.  I'm guessing it's just unncessary and certain people don't know.