Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586615 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1605 on: April 12, 2005, 01:33 PM »

As much as it sucks, the fact that 10 or 20 of you guys left isn't going to do a thing to RS as a whole.

If you're wondering how the administration can tolerate it, it's simple. Most of them have no freakin CLUE who anyone over there is. When's the last time you saw Philip cruising through Wuher's or whatever? It just doesn't happen. Sure a lot of the members will miss those who quit in protest, and maybe even some moderators too....but most people barely felt a tremor in the force. Sad really.

I remember last year when I heard Philip fired a bunch of moderators at TFN, and all the people thought it was the end of that site. These days, a lot of people don't even remember it.

So will this matter in the grand scheme? Nah.

Hell, I introduced myself to Philip last year at Comic Con and got barely so much as a hello. And I was on the staff back then. ;D

Who it will matter to is people like me who registered back when you guys were all "the regulars". It means that I will just have to stop by here a little more often....and I'm happy to do that.

I've noticed the posting on this site pick up a little over the past 2 weeks and that's awesome! It'll keep me coming back to chat, that's for sure.

That's the cool thing about JD - the staff makes an effort to get to know everybody.  I appreciate that a lot. 

That's one of the problems over at RS - PW treats it like a giant corporation and he's the big CEO.  He views the members not as people, but as little money makers.

Sending out advertisements in the form of email, reminding people everytime a new MR replica comes out to use the banner on the main page and even reposting it in the forums....

Sad that he blew you off when he met you too...considering you moderated his forums - free of charge, I assume...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 01:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1606 on: April 12, 2005, 01:39 PM »
That's the cool thing about JD - the staff makes an effort to get to know everybody.  I appreciate that a lot.

So do the rest of our members, Travis!  ;)

Offline Ian_C

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Bothan Spy
Question For Those Banned at RS
« Reply #1607 on: April 12, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Never been banned at any site, so I'm curious about something.

Can you still access and read the forums, and just not participate and read PM's, or are you blocked from the forums entirely?

I'd like to just have the closure of saying a goodbye over there, even if the post would only last a couple of hours.  However, I don't want to leave the Vintage forum, which still has a number of good people, and would still like to at least see trading posts.  I know that my 'seeya' thread would probably have some criticism of Mr. Wise, and I'll probably end up banned for it.

Any help?

Ian
Moderator - www.thebothanspy.com
Former Admin - www.snowtroopers.ca

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Question For The Banned
« Reply #1608 on: April 12, 2005, 02:01 PM »
When you are initially banned, you lose all access to the forums - the Threads, PMs, everything.  You won't have any access until you "reset" or delete your internet "cookies".

Once you go in and delete your "cookie" for RS, you would then be able to go back there and read the forums, but you just won't be able to participate/reply or use the PM feature.  If you try to log into the banned account again, it will reset your "cookie", then you'd have to repeat the "delete cookie" step to be able to see the fourms again...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 12, 2005, 02:39 PM »
I'm going to have to echo a lot of what Ruiner said, I couldn't beleive the welcome I got the day I registered. There is a sincere feeling here that your voice counts and that if you do step over the line, instead of getting flammed, you get reasonable and pointed counter view. The government should work like this. :P

And I have to say that I think the the OPT in or Get out rule is kind of silly, I mean, how many people would actually take the time to opt out? I think that RS lost just as many e-mail recipients from the bannings as they would have if they would just give us the option to Opt out and stay in. Most of those people over there are kids, they don't pay attention to that kind of thing. To be honest, I would not opt out, but it annoys me that I don't have a say in the matter if I wish to remain there as a member, and that hurts more than getting an e-mail that I can block if I wished.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Question For Those Banned at RS
« Reply #1610 on: April 12, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Never been banned at any site, so I'm curious about something.

Can you still access and read the forums, and just not participate and read PM's, or are you blocked from the forums entirely?

I'm blocked entirely.  Can't say that it's a big deal, but I get the occassional chuckle from reading the forums.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 12, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I'm actually waiting on the RS forums to figure out a way to deny direct linkage from JD in any way, shape, or form (if they haven't done so already).  Kind of like blocking an IP address, I suppose. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1612 on: April 12, 2005, 04:59 PM »
All of you who have asked to be removed from the mailing list (banned), might want to check to make sure they have.  I still have not been....guess Philip thought I wouldn't check or something and he could keep sending spam.

Barada, Don't even try to post a farewell, it'll probably just get deleted.  I wasn't very critical at all, and mine was just flat out deleted.

It's really that sort of treatment that made me want to leave, not the two e-mails.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 12, 2005, 05:51 PM »
That's why that site sucks, if you're looking for any type of personal bonding, or recognition for being a decent and respectful member.  Ya' just ain't gonna get those things from RS.  You should've come over here to JD where you'd be properly appreciated long ago!

Hmm ... respect, recognition, appreciation. I could use some of that. :-[
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 05:52 PM by Jagdohh_Fett »
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 12, 2005, 06:15 PM »

You'll totally get that here. All you have to do is throw out the fact that you and I live in the same town, and you'll be set. JediMAC is like a father figure to me...and now that that clown Scott is off Staff, I get along with everyone!

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 12, 2005, 06:26 PM »
All you have to do is throw out the fact that you and I live in the same town, and you'll be set.

Appreciation by association  ;D.

I know, I know. I just don't speak my mind much, so I basically get lost in the fold.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1616 on: April 12, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Hey JoshEEE.  I went to check again and Dustin was in the process of removing me as I was replying to your post in the Feedback thread.

Not only that....he deleted the thread as well!  Didn't Hitler and Stalin try this same course of action?????
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 12, 2005, 06:38 PM »

No worries mate, you'll get more than enough of that here. These guys are nice enough to put up with the likes of me, so it's all good. I'm very apreciative of this place.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 12, 2005, 07:18 PM »
Hey JoshEEE.  I went to check again and Dustin was in the process of removing me as I was replying to your post in the Feedback thread.

Not only that....he deleted the thread as well!  Didn't Hitler and Stalin try this same course of action?????

Matt, I understand you're angry with Philip and Dustin, but drawing comparisons to Hitler is really low.
The fact is, RS is their website, and they have the right to do whatever they want... just like you have the right to not visit their website.   

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1619 on: April 12, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Matt, I understand you're angry with Philip and Dustin, but drawing comparisons to Hitler is really low.

Yeah, I think we already covered that a few pages back when another member brought up a similar comparison.  ;)  Let's try to lay off some of those edgier political comparisons please folks...

Thanks.  :-*

- M

I'm actually waiting on the RS forums to figure out a way to deny direct linkage from JD in any way, shape, or form (if they haven't done so already).  Kind of like blocking an IP address, I suppose.

Michael, most sites have the ability to edit their language filters in a customized manner, so it'd potentially be possible for them to enter "JediDefender" as a swear word that gets edited into either the usual *****, or any other creative alternative they'd like to use in it's place.  Wouldn't be surprising to see that really...  :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 07:50 PM by JediMAC »