Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583318 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: How long has that damned RS been down?
« Reply #1710 on: August 17, 2005, 06:12 AM »
I think the problems that has plagued RS is foreshadowing of the future. I rarely go over there and if I do post its to laugh at the ridiculous prices or rip off artists in the classified sections.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 17, 2005, 09:59 AM »
This keeps up and the Vintage community may not have a choice but to relocate... 

I can only hope.  :)

John

Well I'm sure the JD staff would love to see the vintage community hop on by here. I think it would be great to expand the vintage conversations here, and the big plus is no riff-raff!  ;D Pretty much everyone I have seen post in the vintage section here has been collecting for quite some time and/or isn't looking for the quick payoff, but real insight into the toys of yesteryear.

>:( Is this the same RS Vinty community I’m thinking about here? Cause most of them started collecting in the 90’s- newbies. I can tell you if there was a migration of those pompous, magnificent liars to JD there would be one less member here (after getting skewered in the anus, I have zero tolerance for most of them, though certainly there’s still many decent collectors there as well) but I suppose the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few… or the one.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1712 on: August 17, 2005, 10:17 AM »
I suppose the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few… or the one.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 17, 2005, 10:53 AM »
I think the problems that has plagued RS is foreshadowing of the future. I rarely go over there and if I do post its to laugh at the ridiculous prices or rip off artists in the classified sections.

OMG! It's not just me! I've noticed that new trend as well and have continually reported that type of thing to the administration, but, have not gotten any responce.

As I said, the forums are now run by newbies.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1714 on: August 17, 2005, 10:59 AM »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 17, 2005, 11:03 AM »
The message on the RS forums page is that it could be down for the next 5 days with the tech guy on vacation!  I'm gonna try to hang out here more anyway (thanks for the reminder, Chewie!) because all of the other great veterans of the hobby are here.  It's true about the newbies: terrible grammar and unreliable as heck. :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1716 on: August 17, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Welcome back, Greg!  I see this as an opportunity to explore strange new worlds, seek out new civilizations and enter a Forum that is much less dominated by smug administrators and bizzare computer Harry Potters

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 17, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Well, Jesse and Chewie have both tried to get me over here so, here I am.   :P

With RS down for a while I'll need to get my fix somewhere and if I can do that without endless posts of crap in the modern sections I may just stay!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: August 17, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Well, Jesse and Chewie have both tried to get me over here so, here I am.   :P

With RS down for a while I'll need to get my fix somewhere and if I can do that without endless posts of crap in the modern sections I may just stay!

E...

You are most welcome here! ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 17, 2005, 12:10 PM »
This is Hilarious

Very much so.  Who goes on vacation in a middle of change out?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1720 on: August 17, 2005, 01:12 PM »
You know, the Rebelscum forums could be up, down, sideways or even change into a gigantic avocado, and I would have no clue except for reading it here. **** that place anyways.

I've got what I want in a forum right here.  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 17, 2005, 01:29 PM »
I've noticed that Rebelscum has been going down quite a bit lately.  I hardly ever post there because it seems like there isn't anything new..at least not that I haven't already seen the last 10 times I went there.  Now that I see that it's down again and with the repair dude on vacation (who takes a vacation during a repair???)  I probably won't be going back there.  I like JD a whole lot better, anyways!!!  :)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1722 on: August 17, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Nothing like a RS outage to pick up the traffic over here.  NOW...if the JD guys could just figure out how to get folks to stick around, maybe no one would ever go back there.  ;D

I propose a new marketing gimick:  Browser Cookies

In addition to the little cookie your computer gets remembering your board login stuff, the JD staff will personally mail a freshly baked cookie out to your house each time you visit this website.

I know I'd stop by if a cookie came in the mail each day reminding me to.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 17, 2005, 01:47 PM »
You know, the Rebelscum forums could be up, down, sideways or even change into a gigantic avocado

That would be somthing to see, now wouldn't it?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1724 on: August 17, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I would like the record to show that I have been noticeably silent on this issue from the get-go.  ;)  Most here are well aware of my feelings on the matter already.  I'd probably just say this is poetic justice, karma, or whatever you want to call it for their owner and lead admin consistently being total pricks to their members, and overall forum community.

Just like to reiterate, here's a couple of Philip Wise's recent nuggets of love to many of his members:

This issue is closed.  Get a life, and move along.

and more recently to the vintage crew:

I don't care what you guys think.  This is the new rule, just because I say so.  I don't need any more reason than that. (or something to that effect)

I just don't understand why Gus and the crew over at the Archive don't add their own forums to that site, maybe even an invite-only kind of thing...

Starts at the top, and the owner of RS is a major *******, who's turned into nothing more than a Star Wars businessman now, trying to bleed every red cent out of his members.  Sad, really...

But as long as we've got JD here, everything's cool.  8)

Nothing like a RS outage to pick up the traffic over here.

According to the stats, and what we've seen, the traffic hasn't changed much at all since RS went down, actually.

NOW...if the JD guys could just figure out how to get folks to stick around, maybe no one would ever go back there. ;D

Pretty much all of the people that we want to have stick around, do stick around.  I'll reiterate this for about the millionth time, here at JD we prefer quality over quantity.  It's really that simple.  That's not some kind of excuse for us having less posts than RS.  That's just a factual statement that the posts here, in comparison to RS, are 100x more intelligent, mature, friendly, knowledgeable, respectful, etc.

But yeah, if you need massive amounts of revolving posts full of newbie and idiotic horse**** to keep you entertained, then RS is definitely the place.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 02:00 PM by JediMAC »