Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583172 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Should I...
« Reply #30 on: June 6, 2003, 07:20 PM »
Just want to ask people that have been to RS and seen the thread if I'm being civil or not.  Just want to make sure and see what people think of what I'm saying.  I will take in comments bad or good, hopefully good. ;D

I think it's civil enough Tom.  But it's probably a good idea if we just keep the comments and opinions about RS over at RS for the most part.  That's where they'll do the most good, I'd imagine.  I realize that a lot of people here don't like some of the recent changes and actions (or lack thereof) over at 'Scum, and we've discussed them a fair amount already here now, but we really don't want to start up some kind of site war between us and them.  We're all still a part of the greater whole - the online Star Wars collecting community, and that's not something I personally want to see torn apart...

Hopefully folks can just check out both sites, or any others, and decide what's the best fit for them personally, and enjoy spending their time there.  Sometimes even a combination of the different forums works well for some people...  But we'd like to think of ourselves here at JD as a community that just wants to enjoy the positive, knowledgeable, and friendly vibe that we've carefully developed here, rather than talking down about any of our online neighbors, as fun or therapeutic as it may be.  Hopefully that's the style we can shoot for anyways.  I know that can be hard sometimes, especially at a time like this, and it's something that we all should work on as part of the JediDefender collecting family...

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter...   :-*
« Last Edit: June 6, 2003, 07:23 PM by JediMAC »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #31 on: June 6, 2003, 07:33 PM »
Thanks for the words, Mike. If I do become reinstated at RS, it'll be out of mercy, I'm afraid. it's not like they are going to read my e-mails (the constructive criticism ones) and have an epiphany..then "un-ban" good ol' JF.

Not that I want to go back there anyway  :P

Anywho, I think Matt hit the nail on the head. Lets worry about Jedi Defender and how to make US better! I had asked Chris Berry about a potential image bank, lo and behold, he already spoke to Matt about it! We're on our way up.

Keep the professional, friendly attitude that people have come and WILL come to associate with JediDefender.com, then people we see how a member-driven, "Cheers" like forum conducts themselves!

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 6, 2003, 07:42 PM »
Youre right Cory,both you and Matt.This topic really has no business being here and for that I apologize.I'm going to step down and wipe my hands clean of it.My main concern from this point forward is collecting and to try to be a helpful and positive member of the JediDefender collecting family.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #33 on: June 7, 2003, 12:23 AM »
So who has left RS for this place.Don't be shy,also by leave I mean not post as much or flat out quit.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #34 on: June 7, 2003, 12:28 AM »
I just signed up with this place about 2 minutes ago and I see no difference in this place and rebelscum ::), but I guess I will be a commoner here too :).  
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 7, 2003, 12:28 AM »
I think at last count, it was like 23 regulars.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: June 7, 2003, 12:47 AM »
I think at last count, it was like 23 regulars.

Actually, probably about 80% - 90% of us here at JD were Rebelscum regulars at one point.  But many of us left in part or whole a long time ago, way before the Classifieds rule change ever came about there.  There was a whole "different group" there before many of you ever even joined, that perhaps you didn't know so well...

I'm guessing that D_C_F is actually trying to figure out how many just recently came over after their Classifieds rule change...  If you really want to know though, you can just scroll through the last page or two of our Member List to find out.  It's probably a lot easier and quicker than having a roll call here.   :-\

But like I've already mentioned in another thread, hopefully people will kindly refrain from doing any RS bashing here since that's not what JD is all about.  Just enjoy the friendly, knowledgeable, and most of all respectful vibe that we've already had going on here for quite a while, and everyone will be more than happy!   8)
« Last Edit: June 7, 2003, 01:11 AM by JediMAC »

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 7, 2003, 02:10 AM »
I dig your grokspeak.I'm here though I still check in but it has nothing to do with something as trivial as closing the trading restrictions but moreso directly related to finding the lost members of my tribe.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: June 7, 2003, 02:42 AM »
Chris recruited me back when we (JediDefender.com) were known as JediChris.net... Ever since the URL change I've spent more and more time here and less time at RS...

As Batman says, there's not much a difference - except, for me at least, I feel like this is a closer community.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: June 7, 2003, 06:02 AM »
I'm so glad you're here, hansloroll.  The tribe welcomes you home.   ;D

obi_robz

« Reply #40 on: June 7, 2003, 06:09 AM »
I don’t know if I count as a RS “regular” because I only started last December. But I have reduced my posting there by at least 50%, at least for the moment. The new rules didn’t bother me too much, it was more the fact that a lot of the true “regulars” started disappearing – I looked down the list of threads and didn’t see too many names I recognised.

There’s another big difference between the 2 boards, but I’m wondering if I’m just imagining it. Is Angry Ewok not very angry over here? I’ve not been here long enough to really judge, but he doesn’t seem to get so ratty at JD. Over at RS, he’s always snapping at people :)
« Last Edit: June 7, 2003, 06:11 AM by obi_robz »

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 7, 2003, 08:53 AM »
I'm not going to bash RS here.....but I'm one that has left RS for the most part due to the classified rules...and other reasones stemming from admin and mod problems there.

I check in on RS to check my local collector thread there.....and browse over the vintage section to keep abreast of scam artists ;)

I am making JD my Star Wars home site.......and that's saying alot for me.

Keep up the superb work JD staff members!
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Jango Fettish

« Reply #42 on: June 7, 2003, 10:23 AM »
I just signed up with this place about 2 minutes ago and I see no difference in this place and rebelscum ::), but I guess I will be a commoner here too :).  

You're kidding, right? Of course, you've only been here for 2 minutes so you have no clue what kind of exact opposite JD is from RS.  :P

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 7, 2003, 10:52 AM »
RS was my first internet SW home.  I do like the smaller feel here though, only been here a few days though :)

I didn't really have a problem with the rules change at RS, because mainly I don't do a lot of trading through there.

I like it here, because its small, like a discussion between a group of friends.  

: insert sappy music here :

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 7, 2003, 01:31 PM »
Yeah, I'll still frequent RS, but not as much. This will be my new main SW Internet Home.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks