Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586659 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Collectors Collections (at RS)
« Reply #1845 on: September 20, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Well all I have to say is "All you JD morons are a dime a dozen and you're all belligerent as hell."

Since we're deriving topics from that other site, thought I'd throw one of their quotes out there.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 20, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Seems like I've heard that somewhere before...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1847 on: September 20, 2005, 02:53 PM »
You mean like right here?

Oh sure, I bring it to your attention and 5 minutes later there's a whole section for it. Next you're going to tell me you've been working on that for years and I just didn't notice it.

Like I am that unobservant or something.  Right. ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 20, 2005, 03:53 PM »
JD should have a dedicated page outside of the forums for collection pictures and they should update daily like Rebelscum. That would be wonderful.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1849 on: September 20, 2005, 04:04 PM »
JD should have a dedicated page outside of the forums for collection pictures and they should update daily like Rebelscum. That would be wonderful.

We already have a section set up for it outside of the forums:  http://www.jedidefender.com/collections.php

Like Dave said, we have already tried that...

If any of you guys want to see your collections displayed on our front page, just pm or email me and let me know where to find some pics (or email them to me) and I will be more than happy to post them. We tried to do this a while back and had no takers... maybe now is a better time to try?

It's just hard to update it when no one sends us their pictures...  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 20, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Take the pictures from the forum section and post a call-out for collection pics! I'm sure you'll get some response.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 20, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Here's my Collection...I've sold everything I have to buy bottles of JD and traded the rest for SFG's old stuff.  It was a good deal

You mean you didn't send the figures to Bilbo?!?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 20, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Take the pictures from the forum section and post a call-out for collection pics! I'm sure you'll get some response.

I've posted call-outs for collection pics more times than I care to remember. And I'm not about to start crawling through the forum section and grabbing people's pics... if you want your collection hosted and showcased here on our site, just send me an email or pm with a link to where I can grab your pics. That's it. Nothing more. I'll do the rest. Tried it tons of times... never a response.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1853 on: September 20, 2005, 08:45 PM »
I think that the reason most of the major collectors don't contribute to these sorts of things is because they don't want to deal with the attention.  I mean, I know a lot of guys who won't even acknowledge that certain pieces are in their collections.  They don't want to deal with all the annoying questions and offers to buy their stuff.  So they just share within their little circle.  Then there's the "I can't believe you paid $1000 for a piece of plastic" crowd they'd have to hear from.  So why go through the trouble of taking the photographs when the only people who will appreciate them don't stray from the RS Vintage forums?

I've considered sending in photos myself, but always end up thinking "Do I want everyone who goes to RS to know I have all this expensive stuff in my house?"  And I always come to the same conclusion.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1854 on: September 20, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I think that the reason most of the major collectors don't contribute to these sorts of things is because they don't want to deal with the attention.  I mean, I know a lot of guys who won't even acknowledge that certain pieces are in their collections.  They don't want to deal with all the annoying questions and offers to buy their stuff.  So they just share within their little circle.  Then there's the "I can't believe you paid $1000 for a piece of plastic" crowd they'd have to hear from.  So why go through the trouble of taking the photographs when the only people who will appreciate them don't stray from the RS Vintage forums?

I've considered sending in photos myself, but always end up thinking "Do I want everyone who goes to RS to know I have all this expensive stuff in my house?"  And I always come to the same conclusion.

That's a great point.

I personally have probably less than 20 vintage figures in my collection, and they're all from when I was a kid. They're played with, loose and worn. I plan on putting them in some sort of shadow box and hanging them on the wall, but that's something that would only be special or interesting to me and those who know me well.

My modern collection is pretty much complete. There's a handful of things I don't have, like force flippers and Toyfair Vader, but I do have a very comprehensive loose collection. Sure I have a few odds and ends that will remain packaged, but the majority is loose.

When I submit pics of my collection, I'll include the things that I feel the community here would like to see. And I won't submit until I have things assembled in such a way that (hopefully) people will enjoy seeing.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 21, 2005, 07:33 AM »
I think that the reason most of the major collectors don't contribute to these sorts of things is because they don't want to deal with the attention.  I mean, I know a lot of guys who won't even acknowledge that certain pieces are in their collections.  They don't want to deal with all the annoying questions and offers to buy their stuff.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago when I posted pics on that other site.  People asking for certain figs.  I even had this one person who was really belligerent insisting I sell him (at a cheaper price) a bunch of figs because I hoarded them.  He sent about 6 really nasty and sometimes threatening emails.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1856 on: September 21, 2005, 01:54 PM »
That's it. I'm NEVER posting my armies.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 21, 2005, 02:40 PM »
I think that the reason most of the major collectors don't contribute to these sorts of things is because they don't want to deal with the attention.  I mean, I know a lot of guys who won't even acknowledge that certain pieces are in their collections.  They don't want to deal with all the annoying questions and offers to buy their stuff.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago when I posted pics on that other site.  People asking for certain figs.  I even had this one person who was really belligerent insisting I sell him (at a cheaper price) a bunch of figs because I hoarded them.  He sent about 6 really nasty and sometimes threatening emails.

That's sick.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1858 on: September 21, 2005, 11:48 PM »
I seem to recall some *******-ishness that took place over army builder pictures.  Rob, if you read this did you ever catch any **** privately from people?  I'm an army builder and even I wanna send Rob a scathing PM.   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12 AM »
I remember getting a few nasty pm's and emails over some of the pics I posted of my Imperial Army...