Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581270 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2003, 01:41 PM »
just made the migration. woot!

Dude, has anyone ever commented that your username is kind of tasteless?  For those who don't know, Sonderkommando's were the Jews in concentration camps that the Nazi's and SS impressed to work the crematoriums.  I hate to take this whole thing off-topic, but the word is frankly kind of offensive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2003, 01:54 PM »
For those who don't know, Sonderkommando's were the Jews in concentration camps that the Nazi's and SS impressed to work the crematoriums.  I hate to take this whole thing off-topic, but the word is frankly kind of offensive.

Wow....I suppose you DO learn something new everyday.

Got Clones?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2003, 02:02 PM »
It seemed signifigant enough to bring it out into the open.  For further clarification on the subject, refer to this page: http://motlc.wiesenthal.com/pages/t072/t07216.html.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 02:04 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2003, 02:06 PM »
The situation is being dealt with, I appreciate your bringing it to our attention. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2003, 02:23 PM »
Thanks,because it was bothering me(Some of my family was wiped out during the genocides,but my grandfather did help smuggle jews out of europe :))
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2003, 01:37 AM »
I just came over from Rebelscum at the invitation of JediMac. Thanks Matt.

I hardly ever posted there. It seems like it's mostly kids and egomaniacs. A lot of flaming and bashing and lots of the same threads posted over and over again. I was a regular and a staffer for a bit at CSW until they merged with Rebelscum. I tried to get into posting at GH but it seems like days between posts sometimes. It definitely seems like a better vibe here and I'm sure I be sticking around.
Put on your old fur coat, it's 1973

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2003, 02:33 AM »
I just came over from Rebelscum at the invitation of JediMac. Thanks Matt.

My pleasure Anthony!  We're glad to have you here at JD.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the very friendly and personal vibe we've got goin' on here, not to mention having some of the most knowledgeable and helpful collectors on the net here as well.  Feel free to drop any of the staff a line if you've got any questions, comments or suggestions about anything.  And if you feel like it, you can always stop by the Newbie Forum and introduce yourself there if you really want to get a proper reception!   ;)  Enjoy the site...

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
This is rich...
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2003, 11:38 PM »
I found this as a closed thread on the other site.  I found it humorous.  BTW.  They were refered to as the "Fourth Reich".  Do you think they are getting the message???

"The thread in question was moved to the admin section and as per numerous requests, we are attempting to explain why threads simply dissapear.

We reserve the right to remove any content we deem unfit to our viewers as a whole.

This thread with it's numerous references comparing our moderation team to the third reich is simply uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

--------------------
Dustin L Roberts
Rebelscum.com
Always looking to add R2-D2 items to my collection"
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2003, 11:57 PM »
Yep, happy to have mr. ship seller amarsella over here.  Not sure if you recall, but I bought a fair bit of stuff from you last year.  Great deals and a big help to me. Happy to have you here too.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: This is rich...
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2003, 12:01 AM »
I'm sorry to do this David, but this thread has to be closed. While we understand you have frustrations with that site, we just can't have the constant bashing. Because of the recent posts and comments members having been making here at JediDefender, we have instituted an "anti-bashing" policy for the time being until all of these site issues settle down. I truly hope you understand where I am coming from, we are just trying to keep the peace. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail or PM to talk about this. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 12:01 AM by Chris Berry »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 8, 2003, 12:26 PM »
I just felt like bumping this to see what everybody thinks about the latest flaming and the return of "Post Padding".
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: August 8, 2003, 01:27 PM »
I just felt like bumping this to see what everybody thinks about the latest flaming and the return of "Post Padding".

Understood, but in the same token, we don't like bad mouthing other sites here at JD, so let's try to follow the old addage: "If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all..."

Thanks!   :-*
« Last Edit: August 8, 2003, 01:28 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 8, 2003, 03:54 PM »
I left, for, well, the kindest way to say this is:

If your not somebody there, your a nobody. Thats it. I noticed Unless you have 32849384242.2 billion posts, your a nobody.

And when I posted about the Gay Bishop in the Homosexual marrige thread, the mod was all over me like white on rice covered in maggots in the middle of alaska in a blizzard durring the night. (that was a mouthfull)

Kevin

Some of the members there are nice, but the community...isnt. Thats why they are called Scum I guess. ;-)
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: August 8, 2003, 04:41 PM »
I left, for, well, the kindest way to say this is:

If your not somebody there, your a nobody. Thats it. I noticed Unless you have 32849384242.2 billion posts, your a nobody.

Fortunately, everybody's a somebody here at JD Kev!  After all, this is the Cheers of the online collecting community!   8)

Doesn't matter if you've got 10 posts or 1,000 here...  Quality over quantity any day, in my books!  Ranks right up there with being friendly and civil, and getting to actuallly know your collecting comrades here!  SW collecting doesn't have to just be about the figures themselves, it can be about making some good buddies online as well!  That's why a lot of us have chosen to take up shop right here at JD...

Granted, we generally do prefer to leave the political/sexual/potentially combustible conversations elsewhere though...   ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 8, 2003, 08:03 PM »
i've quit rebelscum... but go back if a friend links me...
thats about it..