Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586988 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2235 on: December 19, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Needless to say, there are others there who are allowed to have a number of SW collecting sites mentioned in their signatures. I guess PW is now trying to stamp out all competition.

You (and many others) seem to have missed my post from waaaaay back in November...  I got banned for pointing out how stupid that rule was since no less than 3 of the admins over there ALL have sig lines that promote other websites.   ::)

Since we are talking RS again this week, I guess I should let you all know that my account at RS was banned/deleted last Thursday...

Apparently, you are no longer allowed to point out any hypocrisy that the RS Mods/Admins may posess.

The Admins over at RS were issuing warnings to forum members who have links in their signatures, citing this passage from the "official" RS forum rules:  "But using forum posts, or links in your signature designed to promote another Star Wars collecting website is not permitted. "

One admin in particular went so far as to say "If you truly respect the community you will choose to follow the same guidelines everyone else respects".

So, then I asked why at least 3 of the Admins/Mods over there all have links in their signatures that were "designed to promote another Star Wars collecting website "?  If they truely respected the community, shouldn't they have to follow the rules too?

And, as you can all guess - I did not get a straight answer, I only ended up with "Your account has been banned or locked" and an e-mail stating my affiliation with JD was the cause of my ban.    ::)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2236 on: December 19, 2005, 04:53 PM »
I started a sort of complaint thread over in the RS custom boards and I'm just hoping that I'm not going to get banned for it. I was just asking people to stop post padding but from what I've heard lately, the mods aren't taking any crap from anyone.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #2237 on: December 19, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Speaking of RS's rules, I got my signature removed...the same one I have here.  It's been in my name for 2+ years and nobody has said a word until now.  I wasn't actively promoting the other site.  Dustin was also kind enough to stick a copy of the "rules" for signatures and not promoting other sites.

Needless to say, there are others there who are allowed to have a number of SW collecting sites mentioned in their signatures.  I guess PW is now trying to stamp out all competition. 

Don't feel bad, I received the same email, and pointed out examples as well about the signature line usage.  I inquired for an exception to be made, as the forum rules state exceptions can be made by Philip but was denied.  I find it hard to believe that all those exceptions were granted.  Originally, I did not feel singled out but since your site signature has been removed, one has to wonder what is going on.  I've been around a long time, only post there (or anywhere for that matter) when I feel it's necessary, and not once have I ever utilized profanity, like some members over there, have the respect of the community but I was still denied.  It's Philip's site to do with as he wishes and I have complied as I respect the rules that he has in place.  In turn, a couple of images of mine have been removed from RS as they did not inquire for permission to use them.  His site, his rules, my images, my usage.

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com
LEAD EDITOR
BLACK S. U. N.

EDIT: Fixed signature tag  ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:13 PM by Sems Fir »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: December 19, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Good point Robert.  That is probably the reason I won't make a big stink about it.  Although I do find it hypocritical that some members are allowed to do it, while others are not.

That said, let me say thanks to the great staff at JD, whom I have traded with most of them now, by letting me keep a site in my signature.  I hope I'm not violating the rules here. ;)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 19, 2005, 05:34 PM »
RS's favorite assbag made an appearance again today after a short absence.. what a mental case.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: December 19, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Yea, good ol Greenday came back for another round of apologys followed by insults!! This short bus rider is definately annoying!! >:( ;D
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: December 19, 2005, 07:23 PM »
For more website hyocrisy, let me point out this post in the Lego forum...

And what is your site anyway? Take the opportunity to give it a free plug :D

Jeremy

::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #2242 on: December 19, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Yea, good ol Greenday came back for another round of apologys followed by insults!! This short bus rider is definately annoying!! >:( ;D

Any links? I love that guy.  8)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: December 19, 2005, 07:39 PM »
No, no links! His one thread that he started got deleted/moved to an admin only area!! It was just more of the cretin apologizing and then insulting everyone!! You know, standard Green Day stuff!! ;)

Well here is one of his stupendous posts that can still be seen?! Green Day fun!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:51 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: December 19, 2005, 09:14 PM »
That is some stuipid **** thats happening there with the hoilday threads getting lock because there are reglious.  One thing that I wonder about through is the fact that only the Chanukah threads have been lock over there and none of the Chirstmas threads have been lock.  I know that the staff here doesn't like a certain word being used to describe RS but there better either lock all the Christmas threads or else look like those I can't talk about.

Yeah. That's ridiculous. I guess the guys at RS really are... power-hungry control mongers.

(edited)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:20 AM by JediMAC »

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: December 19, 2005, 09:50 PM »
Yeah. That's ridiculous. I guess the guys at RS really are nazis.

Oh, they just LOVE being called that.

As a longtime reader of RS, I can partially understand their reasoning behind the no politics/religion thread policy.  There were a lot of idiots that would get on very very long tirades back in the day and one time, they just decided to end it with the NO policy.

But, keep calling them nazis...that helps.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2246 on: December 19, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Just to say, we have a general anti-war/politics stance here too and we'd carry that to Religious debates that do breed bad blood, so I don't think that's a bad way to look at things from the perspective of running a forum...

Dunno why a "happy holidays" thread can't just sum everything up for some, but whatever...  It's not a debate, it's well wishing, so one thread should have sufficed the masses...  That's what likely should have gone down.  I wouldn't want to see umpteen threads for all various religions, and subsequent fighting over said religions, over here either but locking well-wishing threads seems odd unless there was fighting.

For the record guys, try not to throw the term Nazi around either...  I know we all have our beef with Scum but the term's pretty much only applicable to actual Nazi's not a forum that's run half-assed. :)  I saw a great Daily Show about how liberally the term Nazi was used by politicians, and it really is a term we should hold in reserve for like actual Nazi behavior...  Scum's still run like **** though, no disagreement there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 20, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Fine. Then they're just anti-semetic jacka**es.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2248 on: December 20, 2005, 01:04 AM »
Jackasses will suffice...  They're not anti-semites, Nazi's, Fascists, pedophiles or anything else "over the top" for running their site like ****...  Jackasses I can definitely live with though. :)

It should be noted too that "they" doesn't refer to everyone...  There's plenty of good staffers at Scum I'm sure, and I'm sure the ones who take the blame for how in the toilet their forums are aren't all bad people or bad in general, the forums just are not run well at all and there's a huge lack of respect for where those forums came from and for the people who actually made them a good place at one point in time... 

Those days are LONG gone though.  Long gone.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:07 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2249 on: December 20, 2005, 01:24 AM »
...There's plenty of good staffers at Scum I'm sure...

I don't know if I'd say "plenty", but Mark Hurray is a very cool, down-to-earth nice guy and I like Dan Curto as well.  Shane's a good guy too...  I think that may be it for me though, not counting some of their less prominent staff members who I don't know as well.  I could do without the other four main guys over there though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:39 AM by JediMAC »