Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587334 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2250 on: December 20, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Well, given the answers/snide remarks, and condescending attitude out of the guys I've seen running the forums, I'd relegate most of any anymosity to them...  But I know Curto's a nice guy just by talking to him, Shane of course...  They're the guys that, by my POV, don't have much to do with the forums ever though...

It's the guys telling you basically that the rules don't apply to themselves, but they do apply to you...  Or the guys who tell you basically that you're wrong and they're right simply because they "say so" and lock your thread (and/or delete it)...  Those are the guys you just can't respect.  I'm sure even the behaviors on the forums from some aren't the behaviors they'd exhibit to you in person though.  I've never known anyone I've met from this hobby, including the pricks, to be anything but civil in person...  Either out of respect or simply out of fear of actually getting a slap across the mouth for the way some people are known to talk to each other on forums.  Sometimes a monitor makes people think much higher of themselves is what I'm getting at.   ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 20, 2005, 02:20 AM »
Jackasses will suffice...  They're not anti-semites, Nazi's, Fascists, pedophiles or anything else "over the top" for running their site like ****...  Jackasses I can definitely live with though. :)

Closing the Chanukah thread and leaving the Christmas ones open seems pretty damn anti-Jewish to me. ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2252 on: December 20, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Eh, seems more like poor judgment on DarthBigBoy's part, as I believe he's the one who's been doing the closing I think...  I'm not 100% sure, but I'm not watching this dribble either.  Why one wouldn't just lock everything into one thread for the "Holidays" makes no sense to me, but whatever.  I look around our forums and rather than a thread for every little thing we often have discussions on a whole wave of figures in one thread...  Simplifies things I've noticed.

Since the Holidays aren't just a time for Christians or Jews, and because it can be a generally celebrated time by all, it deserves its own thread...  Only at Rebelscum can a fight erupt over which holidays need their own threads. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2253 on: December 20, 2005, 03:17 AM »
Ok, someone's going to have to tell me what happened to the thread where the guy was quitting collecting Justice League figures because they released a holiday employees only toy, and I told him it was the same thing as Gentle Giant Holiday busts.

When I left, the thread wasn't nasty or anything, it was just discussion. I come back home and it's mysteriously gone.  Does anyone know what happened to it?
Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2254 on: December 20, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Hmmm, don't have a clue on that one Josh though I saw the thread.  Seemed civil enough but maybe a big flamewar opened up.  It was bound to because it was someone upset about something being told information I'm sure he didn't want to hear and given the way some people relay information over there...  Well I'm sure it got ugly fast.

When you're mad, you're mad...  The guy has a point from the uber completists point of view, however the uber completists POV is probably not near the majority, so the majority would have inevitably unloaded upon him (I believe it was IslandofSoldor making the complaint?)...  Not all, but I know someone was going to take his rant as "crying", "whining", or whatnot, and a fight would surely be on.  It's sort of a pattern I've noticed though words/terms and subject matter are sometimes different.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 20, 2005, 12:15 PM »
It was there when I last checked in, maybe he asked that it be deleted!! I don't think it got out of hand at all!!

But I gotta say JoshEEE, when someone is venting like that and has his blood up, best not make comments that would make em angrier!! I mean come on, calling him a fairweathered fan is really the opposite of what he was acting like!! Everyone collects different ways, and he was just frusterated that a favorite line of his was not going to make a very important character in the DC Universe available to everyone. Know what I mean?
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 20, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Know what I mean?

Well, yeah.  But that's the thing. I wasn't interested in that thread to tease the guy, I was genuinely interested in why his entire hobby was worth giving up because the employees of the company that makes them got a gift he can't get.

I saw people saying the same thing last year about the Gentle Giant stuff and it just perplexes me.  I've seen some pieces in private collections that will never see the light of day, and that I'll NEVER own....but it hasn't caused me to want to quit collecting altogether.

So yeah, that topic was interesting to me, because there was someone quitting their entire hobby because he couldn't have one figure.  Then the topic went away.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 20, 2005, 12:52 PM »
That's another thing.... if a topic has decent conversation going on, I don't think it should just be deleted because the person who started it asks it to be - once other people have made posts and asked questions and initiated a discussion, it's just as much 'their' thread as it is the person who started it.

Just my opinion though.

Also, for the record, I know that it was Dustin who closed at least one of the Chanukah threads.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 20, 2005, 04:59 PM »
The topic starter of that thread actually emailed me to ask where the thread went.

He doesn't know either.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 20, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Why don't you ask what happened to the thread JoshEEE ol boy?? ;)
-Vincent

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2260 on: December 20, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Also, for the record, I know that it was Dustin who closed at least one of the Chanukah threads.

Well he's not been known for the best judgment either.  :-X

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 21, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Ok, someone's going to have to tell me what happened to the thread where the guy was quitting collecting Justice League figures because they released a holiday employees only toy, and I told him it was the same thing as Gentle Giant Holiday busts.

I'm curious, what figure are they making for the employees?

As for the whole quitting collecting thing, I never got that either.  Seems like that hasn't been a big deal with SW lately but a year or so ago practically every other day someone was quitting because they couldn't find this figure or that bust or what have you.

I figured, go ahead and quit.  More toys for the rest of us.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 21, 2005, 12:51 AM »
Hal Jordan Green lantern figure.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 21, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Yeah, from what the memo or web site said, it was going to be the only Hal Jordan figure made in the JLA style, which is really weird. Even if he only appeared in one episode, this is Green Lantern to most anyone who grew up reading Gren Lantern comics.  Hell even the people who used to watch Challenge of the Superfriends or the later show in the early 80's!!
-Vincent

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 21, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Hal Jordan Green lantern figure.

Kevin

Ouch.  Yeah, I can see how that would T-off some collectors.  Still, not a reason to pack in the whole collection and move on.

Even though the SW line has some harder to get exclusives, I'm still glad we haven't been exposed to chase figures or releases like this.  The Toy Fair Vader is probably the closest example and even that was offered to Fan Club members eventually.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"