Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588063 times)

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2850 on: March 29, 2006, 08:44 PM »
Hey, does anyone have a bookmark to one of the threads on RS complaining about the "No Links In Sigs" policy? I can't find any, so have they been deleted?

I stumbled across this thread today while reading some old threads. Scroll down about halfway.

The real thread Jeff made about the sig links was deleted, but the comments in the anti-GH thread lived.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 1, 2006, 12:50 PM »
I just can't believe how hard it is to do a legit trade over there. This guy wanted to trade me one Scorch for my loose Sio Bibble, loose Battle Amidala(Complete) and loose Battle Amidala (incomplete). And when I called him on it he was"just testing the waters"  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2852 on: April 1, 2006, 01:43 PM »
I get a kick out of the fact that Dustin's now created two separate threads about his new personalized Star Wars license plate, and meanwhile, they're still locking up threads because they're "duplicates" of other threads that, in some cases, haven't been posted to in months, if not years.

(And what kind of dork has a Star Wars license plate, anyway?)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2853 on: April 9, 2006, 06:25 PM »
It seems a guy who has been at Rebelscum for six years was banned because he and his niece share the same IP. Granted, his niece was 9 and probably shouldn't have been on anyway, but I don't see any problem with what the guy did that is ban-worthy.

Thread

Post that says he was banned

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2854 on: April 9, 2006, 06:52 PM »
It seems a guy who has been at Rebelscum for six years was banned because he and his niece share the same IP. Granted, his niece was 9 and probably shouldn't have been on anyway, but I don't see any problem with what the guy did that is ban-worthy.

Thread

Who cares?

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2855 on: April 9, 2006, 07:01 PM »

Thread

Who cares?

Sorry Chris, I just thought it was crazy that he was banned over something such as this  :P

Offline Zack Attack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 9, 2006, 07:03 PM »

(And what kind of dork has a Star Wars license plate, anyway?)

i'd say the kind of dork who's lifework it is to become the president of the star wars fan club.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 9, 2006, 07:33 PM »

Thread

Who cares?

Sorry Chris, I just thought it was crazy that he was banned over something such as this  :P

Some people do care about what is said/done at other sites - even though some people hate Scum, some of us still view us overall as one big community.  I hate the fact that some people want disassociate completely with another group.  That's pretty weak in my opinion... there are some major morons there but still some good people too.

I kind of wish people here would quit bashing them here, in my opinion it lowers oneself a notch or two.  No I don't love Scum, this is my favorite forum site, but I don't hate everyone there either.  There are idiots whereever you go, even some that are members here.  It's just controlled better here by the staff.

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2858 on: April 9, 2006, 07:42 PM »

Thread

Who cares?

Some people do care about what is said/done at other sites - even though some people hate Scum, some of us still view us overall as one big community.  I hate the fact that some people want disassociate completely with another group.  That's pretty weak in my opinion... there are some major morons there but still some good people too.

I kind of wish people here would quit bashing them here, in my opinion it lowers oneself a notch or two.  No I don't love Scum, this is my favorite forum site, but I don't hate everyone there either.  There are idiots whereever you go, even some that are members here.  It's just controlled better here by the staff.

Just my 2 cents.

Now my 2 cents...

I Do Not care what goes on at that hell-hole and Do Not like most people there. I Do Not care to hear about what new asinine things one of their staff members does. We are a divided community and RebelScum made it that way. I'd like the bitching to stop just as much as the next guy, as well as the martyr-like posts by those who don't know all the going-ons between the two sites.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 07:46 PM by Chris »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 9, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Chris?  I don't understand why you would get mad at my post or be rude to Doom for his comment... seriously. 

Yes, I agree 100% that they have some complete asses there.  There are also a lot of members there that I'm good friends with.  But in fact the only staff member there at all that I really like is Curto....

Is that a problem?  I feel like if someone is a member at both site there is some sort of biased against someone for posting there.  To me that's not what this site is all about.

Anyways, I still spend most of my time here and I intend to.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 08:00 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2860 on: April 9, 2006, 07:50 PM »
There are idiots whereever you go, even some that are members here.

(wink)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 9, 2006, 07:53 PM »
I didn't mean that towards you MWB.  I know we had a recent fit but I'm not mad at you, so I hope you don't think that.  I know there were people that took my side and people that took yours.  For what it's worth I asked them not to bother you with it.  In fact what you said was probably something I needed to hear.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 9, 2006, 07:55 PM »
And I'm not mad at you either Chris.   I understand why you don't like Scum.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2863 on: April 9, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Wow...sorry Chris, feel free to delete my post if its that big of a deal.

I wasn't bitching or trying to start ****. I was just commenting on that fact that a senior member at another site was banned. I like RS and I like JD. Feel free to take this to PMs, as I'd like to try to get to the bottom of why you are so angry at me.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2864 on: April 9, 2006, 08:02 PM »
I'm not mad at anyone. I really don't care if you like RebelScum or you don't. I just really don't see why people complain about that site yet they still go there, thus my pointing out "Who cares?" what happens there when you can and are here. It's hypocritical and doesn't serve any positive purpose other than to talk about it and rant on and on. If you don't like something, make a stand and boycott it, don't just talk here to hear yourself talk.