Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586496 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2955 on: June 25, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Somehow it always gets locked and magically resurfaces... ::)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline subak

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • Rebelscum 4 life, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 25, 2006, 11:14 PM »
ok we should sign a  peace treaty, like the Moscow Peace Treaty!  ;)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I'm not saying that at all, I'm just tired of talking about RS.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: June 25, 2006, 11:30 PM »
I'm not saying that at all, I'm just tired of talking about RS.

Ditto!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 25, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Why is there even a Rebelscum thread on this board? If I wanted to talk about trashy board I'd go back there.

RS has no place here!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 25, 2006, 11:56 PM »
They can talk about JD here, we can talk about RS there, (even though we can't talk about JD there).

Bottom line is that there really isn't much to argue about.  A lot of people here are friendly with a lot of people there and visa versa. 

Misterkenobi is just spewing more of his teenage dribble without realizing how moronic it makes him sound.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:52 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 26, 2006, 12:05 AM »
AMEN!!

Let the kids have the scum let them keep their Dawsons Creek teenage nonsense over there.

And for the love of God please tell them to be quiet when ADULTS are talking.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2962 on: June 26, 2006, 02:03 AM »
Good god this is dumb...

Subak, who the **** are you anyway?  You signed on it seems explicitly to talk about Rebelscum and how we need to be buddies around here, yet you're at Rebelscum saying about how much you don't care for us basically...  Am I missing something or are you just really needing something to keep your fingers busy tonight?

No offense meant by this, but you're coming off as a bit of a tool with that...  By all means, Scum-4-life for you...  There's the door.

As far as them talking about us, there's some funny things in that thread...

Bill (Cable) summed that up nicely though...   The fact is LJ and some others look to stir the pot it seems.  We leave this thread up because, quite frankly, it wouldn't be allowed (to vent or even just simply cite things you see as "problems" at rebelscum) over there...  Sometimes the staff do a bang-up job cleaning up the RS boards, other times they don't...  They've tried to weed out people who can't moderate worth a damn, or who abuse their powers, but the fact is they are spotty with how they handle problems there, or how they apply their rules there... 

This thread only ever seems to bump when something particularly dumb happens that's worth a laugh or simply noting.  For instance, MisterKitKatKenobi putting his foot in his mouth by openly spewing homophobic remarks and needing a bit of a spanking by the staff there...  For my $.02 I think he deserved it and I applaud Dustin...  I think I said as much.

Is that me somehow showing disrespect to Scum?  Hell no, I'm disrespecting KitKat...  I mean, he came here with his first posts consisting of vulgarity-laced insults to the site and staff because he fought with some of us...  He hardly tried to start up here with any respect so he got banned...  Now he's practically starting a menstrual cycle with heavy flow any time he can about us.

That's not a slight on another site, that's a slight on a knob at another site...  :)

This thread is here to vent, poke fun at, or just generally discuss...  It'd be closed there, and there's no doubt about that.  Which is fine, but it's disturbing how many people there are irate over this thread...  Most of us don't even post anything in here unless something stupid crops up over there.  That's all.  It'll go dormant for a while...  Then crop back up when something stupid happens...  There's nothing wrong with that.

If anything our sites have been getting along quite well I've noticed...  I've always personally gotten along with a number of their staff, and guys like Curto I consider a friend.  I've heard nothing but nice things about Dave, and despite some **** I've seen him say I disagree with I am sure he's a pretty decent guy...  They mentioned us on their front page just the other day, and we've mentioned them too recently. 

It seems the only people who don't think we get along are people who simply aren't allowed here because they violated our established rules, or they are the  kind of people who love drama and try to stir the pot but don't like it when they're told to knock it off...

This thread is here for our member's use...

We've found that some will enjoy things more over there, while others will enjoy things more over here.  We're more than happy to keep things that way.  For the people who do like RS better, please by all means just stay there. :)  I saw a member or two in that thread Bill linked, who have never vocally expressed displeasure with our forums here, yet they're here often...  Apparantly they feel comfortable over there though complaining...  I found that particularly interesting/funny.  Honestly if you're not happy we're more than happy for you to leave so you are happy... 

This site isn't for everyone.  We strive for different standards, different rules...  We have a membership that I feel pretty sure is filled by older collectors.  We have a strict focus on our forums by our staff, and moderate closely.  In some ways we're relaxed and yet in others I'd say we're much more strict with enforcement...  Our community is as big a part of our site as any feature or news, and we treat it as such, so this community simply won't appeal to everyone out there.  Those that it doesn't appeal to though, we're just as happy they found a home they feel they fit in at.

I'll leave it at this though;  A guy complained that my reviews are too long and they didn't have an end in his view...  If that guy finds that reading is difficult, or that he can't grasp "Opening, Pro, Con, Overall" as a format with a beginning and end, well then I personally don't think I'm going to put much faith in anything he has to say here (or anywhere)...  He's happy there, and I am happy for him...  Here he'd maybe drift off mentally while reading someone's reply or something.  Who knows.   Different strokes for different folks, and this obviously isn't his place to find out what Willis is talkin' 'bout.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2963 on: June 26, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Most of the mods are jerks who don't care about the members (except for GNT--he's cool)

Gwuh?!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2964 on: June 26, 2006, 02:22 AM »
And... the thread in RS has vanished into the ether.  And I'll never know what anybody posted during the hour I was watching Dead Zone.  Such a pity...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2965 on: June 26, 2006, 02:36 AM »
Well Bill...  You missed little.

There was a plethora of sucking one another off between two Scummer die-hards, Rob trying to point out that FlimFlam's a hypocrite, some people who've never seemingly been around either site long enough to understand WHY a thread exists here in the first place, and more of the sucking off between the two aforementioned drama queens...

Oh and then the lock and disappearance of said thread, which should stand as perfect example of why this thread exists in the first place here...  It doesn't disappear, and it's only locked when we feel it's a necessity to settle things.

Your post to them fell on completely deaf ears Bill, but the point was nice, thanks. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2966 on: June 26, 2006, 02:50 AM »
I missed the whole thing too.

Damn Jack Black movies and fine Italian cuisine!

Got Clones?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 26, 2006, 08:21 AM »
I missed the whole thing too.

Damn Jack Black movies and fine Italian cuisine!

You didn't miss anything ... trust me.  I read it at first, but it then started to bore me as it pretty much turned into a chat room.  For as much as I post over there, you can easily tell the threads that wear on my nerves ... because you won't see my presence in them for long.
Be happy that you were spared the ****, Josh.
As being someone that posts at both sites, I don't see why there can't be a co-existence.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 26, 2006, 10:05 AM »
I certainly hope the JD thread over there wouldn't phase anyone. We know we're a different kind of crowd here, and that should be good enough. And any half intelligent person reading through either this or that thread should be able to figure out in two posts  the difference in quality. If they can't, then we would never want them here in the first place.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2969 on: June 26, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Subak, who the **** are you anyway?  You signed on it seems explicitly to talk about Rebelscum and how we need to be buddies around here, yet you're at Rebelscum saying about how much you don't care for us basically...

I believe someone was drawing the conclusion that subak is Greenday101, or Shaak Ti, or whatever the **** the confused little boy goes by anymore.

A guy complained that my reviews are too long and they didn't have an end in his view...  If that guy finds that reading is difficult, or that he can't grasp "Opening, Pro, Con, Overall" as a format with a beginning and end, well then I personally don't think I'm going to put much faith in anything he has to say here (or anywhere)...

I saw that statement. That kid (Toyoda) was reaching real hard to find something to put us down for, just to excersize his loyalty for RS in front of the others... Taking a shot at your reviews, just to say something negative about JediDefender, is pretty moronic - and I wouldn't expect that from anyone who has beef with us. Maybe from a little kid who couldn't concentrate to read more than the title of a picture book. Another little kid (Nirvana) said something to the effect of our Customizer people being the only nice ones here... Typical.

The fact is LJ and some others look to stir the pot it seems.

Bertha likes to think she's more than a freckle on an asscheek, but she's really nowhere on our radar... I noticed last night that she was constantly on MisterKitKatKenobi, trying to one-up him with lameass "Yea, they don't like me either!!!!!!!" sort of comments. Reminded me of one of those little kids who try to shadow bigger, cooler kids. Bertha's come off as two-faced to me - and not just because of the lame hidden identity thing, ala Greg(g)...

Speakings of Greg(g)...

Most of the mods are jerks who don't care about the members (except for GNT--he's cool)

Gwuh?!

I thought Roton was being sarcastic - but, alas.