Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587457 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3045 on: July 2, 2006, 09:19 PM »
I always miss all the fun.  I was on vacation... what went down at the Scum?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3046 on: July 3, 2006, 01:06 AM »
School let out + the internet was invented + Scum has no mods on = Rebelscum was spammed senseless by kiddies.  It wasn't much really Bill, just a couple people here happened to be observing it as it went down.  Lots of bonehead threads in a short period of time, and no mod to deal with it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: July 3, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Yeah,when I joined there was this kid who spammed like hell.That little brat was freakin' annoying.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #3048 on: July 3, 2006, 04:30 AM »
Yeah,when I joined there was this kid who spammed like hell.That little brat was freakin' annoying.

Greenday?  Just kidding....

I agree.  Alot of idiots join Rebelscum, and spam the crap out of it.  The only funny thing is, that some people there blame everything on greenday.  They blame everything on greenday.  Some of it's true, and some of it's not.  Rebelscum has alot of spammers, but I'll bet not all of them are greenday.  It's just sorta rediculous, if you ask me.  :-\

FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: July 3, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Some of those people blame everything on JD staff members - which is nonsense.

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: July 3, 2006, 12:12 PM »
As far as who he's talking about in that thread though, I don't really know unless I guess he meant Dr. Zoltar?  Rob makes his opinion of KitKatGoddam pretty blatantly clear over there over there, and visa versa.  Rob is a good forum member there though and always has been...  He just sees the guy for who he is.  I don't know what Zoltar did to become the target at that point but he's right ultimately...  Calling people gay as an insult probably doesn't sit well with people who actually are gay...  It happens, but that doesn't make it right, and I think that's the point Zoltar is making there.

For him to come back on Zoltar with basically, "You annoy me because you criticize how I insult people/groups" or whatnot is asinine in and of itself.  It's one of those moments it is best to keep your mouth shut because there's no positive spin to put to that issue.  Of course, that ain't gonna happen though, now is it? :)

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.  It all started when I made a post in the "Bands I don't like" thread.  I basically said I don't like band X but I like the lead singer's other band Y.  Then KitKatPattyWackGiveYouDogABone came in and said "Band Y is gay."

I used to just ignore the guy as an uneducated punk with a chip on his shoulder.  But he took a cheap shot at me so I decided to return the favor.  He needs to know that his behavior is not tolerated and that his views are not shared by the SW community at large.  I have a feeling that his on-line persona is much different that his in-person one.  Bullies of that nature tend to back down when confronted in person.

Maybe one day he will finally see what a jerk he’s been to posters in the past.  Until that time he can expect us to call him on all the insults he posts.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: July 3, 2006, 12:19 PM »
He called it gay and not 'ghey'?    (like there's a difference)
« Last Edit: July 3, 2006, 12:19 PM by Rob »

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 3, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Heh.  So you saw THAT thread too, huh?  Yep, he said "gay" and later claimed he meant "ghey".  There was a small discussion on the proper use of the word (including definitions posted from dictionary.com and that other site that listed numerous definitions for "ghey") and then the discussion was dropped.  No one posted to it for days.  Come to find out that MK was banned for that "Dear Hasbro" stunt so he may have forgotten about it.

Like I stated earlier it's almost like MK is trying to get people to dislike him.  I mean, what other response do you expect when someone posts that what you just said was stupid?  Come on!  He can't be THAT dense.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: July 3, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Heh.  So you saw THAT thread too, huh? 

Of course I did, I was the one telling him repeatedly what an idiot he was for thinking there was a difference. ;)

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: July 3, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Gotcha!  See how attentive I am when it come to stuff like that?   ;D

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #3055 on: July 3, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Some of those people blame everything on JD staff members - which is nonsense.

Are you serious?  I don't think any of the staff here would sink that low. 
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: July 3, 2006, 07:23 PM »
We wouldn't - but almost all of JD's staff was banned a few months ago. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: July 3, 2006, 10:32 PM »
We wouldn't - but almost all of JD's staff was banned a few months ago. 

Why was it that they let you keep your account over there?  Just curious .....

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 3, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Heh.  So you saw THAT thread too, huh?  Yep, he said "gay" and later claimed he meant "ghey".  There was a small discussion on the proper use of the word (including definitions posted from dictionary.com and that other site that listed numerous definitions for "ghey") and then the discussion was dropped. 

Ha ha!!

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: July 4, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I'm getting pretty damn sick of RS...

There was a new user at RS who had the SN of "Helokitty" or something like that. He didn't make alot of sense, and he posted 2 threads on his custom (which really wasn't that bad, it just needed some work) as well as a thread in the Saga collection basically asking what SW product was in stores now, in an in-coherent, 3 words kind of way. This was around 4 pm today.

People gave him crap, made fun of his custom, and made fun of his other thread, , and were basically mean, pure and simple.

I just don't understand why people automatically assume all new users are trolls and spammers, it doesn't make sense.

So, I logged on today aound midnight and find that his customs thread is deleted as well as the topic he started in the Saga threads. This kinda ticked me off a bi, because those threads did have a point.

I'll stop venting now.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 4, 2006, 12:52 AM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...