Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583226 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3390 on: November 17, 2006, 01:57 PM »
On a slightly different note, Kudos to the mods here over that spammer that hit JD the other day.  I noticed the rather odd pm's from someone I didn't know and that he was banned before I even had a chance to report it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #3391 on: November 17, 2006, 03:01 PM »
On a slightly different note, Kudos to the mods here over that spammer that hit JD the other day.  I noticed the rather odd pm's from someone I didn't know and that he was banned before I even had a chance to report it.

Agreed, just be lucky if any of you didn't get that PM...
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: November 17, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Well it did shatter my mental impression on the stature of Asian men, so maybe it served some purpose after all. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3393 on: November 17, 2006, 06:28 PM »
LOL.  Yeah, I was justifiably shocked.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3394 on: November 18, 2006, 01:32 AM »
That could've been on any man, and impressions would've been shattered.  Short of having 4 legs, nothing was natural on that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #3395 on: November 23, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Forums have been a craptastic disaster since last night. Can't even get logged on.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: November 23, 2006, 12:13 PM »
Forums have been a craptastic disaster since last night. Can't even get logged on.

So ... it's not just my computer then.  I think I was able to sneak one post in there this morning, but that's been about it since last night.
Their software really sucks.  At least these Forums work when you want them to.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: November 23, 2006, 04:20 PM »
It's been screwed up on mine since about 1 o clock today, I can read topics (sometimes) but when I try to post it gives me some page full of SQL errors or some **** like that.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 30, 2006, 11:52 AM »
You have to give credit where credit is due. RS did credit JD with the unveiling of the wave 3 Stormtrooper on the front page.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3399 on: December 30, 2006, 05:13 PM »
Dan and I are friends on some level since he and I both have some affiliation with FFURG and met up at C3...  He's good guy and we like to think we acknowledge RS when they've got the word too.  Like I've always said Anton, the whole JD/RS thing is less than some make it out to be...  I think it mostly all has always revolved around their forums, and how it was a place we all once enjoyed but have now become a quagmire of rampant stupidity, and not just from the newbs.  There's some longtime members there that are just as stupid in their behavior around those, and other boards.  They also tend to be the ones making it out to be more too.

The beefs have been between some specific people though, not site vs. site really.  Obviously though, I'd say 99.9% stemmed from the forums and how they've been run (and how long-term, good contributors to them were treated) since they were the good old BHC.  Thus we have our own thing here...  As far as news goes though, we're just like Scum and Galactic Hunter with our efforts here, and we tend to mention each other where it's due and not shared info.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: December 30, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Dan is a good guy.

unlike some of RS's staff it seems.

after i joined JD i decided I would check out RS forums but once I saw the 1,000billionkajillion completely stupid and poorly defined rules i just said to myself '**** this' and forgot about it.

the only affiliation i've ever had with RS is when I reported finding a new wave of galactic heroes and got my first name (david) posted on the homepage. 

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Galactic_Heroes_Found_101332.asp

::)  :P

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #3401 on: January 2, 2007, 01:14 AM »
i gotta say a part of me will always hate most the ppl on RS forums, when i first joined i thought I'd found somewhere you could voice your opinion on hasbro and not get a retarded retort from ppl whom must be paid by hasbro or at least have some sort of stake in them since i dare anyone to blast '06s repack collection at any length and watch yourself become intangled in a massive argue fest the likes of which God has never seen(Dune), it is only once you've been at the the height such controversy over having said stupid things that you will have the courage to resign your screenname from RS and find refuge here on a site that isn't overly pimping everything : Master replicas, Gentle Giant, and of course anything repacked,reprinted, or retarded. the only good thing about RS has to be the pn's,Customs and of course the custom alliance. other than that they might as well close it with theforce.net while there at it.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 2, 2007, 01:47 AM »
There once was a time when I would have lampooned the RS membership for their lax standards of language. However, to do so today without making proper mention of the current plight some of our newer members seem to be having would be both hypocritical and unbecoming, so.

:P

(Bei Got, I need some sleep.)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3403 on: January 2, 2007, 10:54 AM »
However, to do so today without making proper mention of the current plight some of our newer members seem to be having would be both hypocritical and unbecoming, so.

:P

(Bei Got, I need some sleep.)

Please cite me a few examples, here or via PM.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 2, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I think Vator was referring to the trouble that some of the members were having with grammar and the English language in general -- not with JD :).
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(