Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583202 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Phillip sent me a rather nasty email threatening toban me back when I had  a GNT quote as my sig.

Scott and I both got our warnings of being banned this morning from Philip as well, for harrassing the little clown Greg(g)...   ::)

Know her?  

Let's just say. . .  I'm her baby daddy.

You're her baby's daddy?!?   :o  You're GNT's dad?!?  Holy $h!t!!!   :o  Why would you claim responsibility for that, ya' big dumbass?!   :-X

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Kidd was going WAY over the line from the start. Gregg seems to ebb and flow with his power trips.

Still, if a substantial number of members call for his removal and give good reasons behind it, the administration has to take note. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe someone should start a thread in the Feedback forum calling for members fed up with Gregg to address their concerns there as well as by e-mailing Philip.

Call it a vote of no confidence.
Post sober.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2004, 12:13 PM »
Phillip sent me a rather nasty email threatening toban me back when I had  a GNT quote as my sig.

Scott and I both got our warnings of being banned this morning from Philip as well, for harrassing the little clown Greg(g)...   ::)

What does Greg(g) have on Phillip to control him over there.  If you talk about Greg(g) then you are harrasing you but he can do whatever he wants and doesn't lose any of his moderation rights.  I'm about ready to type up that petition asking for Greg(g) to either be removed or step down.  All I need now is specific examples of his abuse of powers and people who would be supportive to this move and sign without fearing they will be banned at RS.

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2004, 12:31 PM »
 8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2004, 01:09 PM »

What does Greg(g) have on Phillip to control him over there.  If you talk about Greg(g) then you are harrasing you but he can do whatever he wants and doesn't lose any of his moderation rights.  I'm about ready to type up that petition asking for Greg(g) to either be removed or step down.  All I need now is specific examples of his abuse of powers and people who would be supportive to this move and sign without fearing they will be banned at RS.

Do it!

And post it in the suggestions and feeback forum...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Petition is up for now. Petition
If you want to add you name and don't live in fear of being ban sign it. :)
Let's see how long it last.  I'm going to check it out once I get back from school.  I figure its going to be closed by the time I get home.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 01:36 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2004, 02:00 PM »
You should have gotten an actual petition, not simply a thread saying 'Post here'... First off, you've already gotten a bunch of random comments from people who aren't interested in 'saving' RS; secondly, a lot of us have already been banned from RS, thus we're unable to post our 'signatures'.

I don't really care what happens to RS. Philip Wise doesn't give a damn about RS either, it seems.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2004, 02:29 PM »
And its already closed.

I particularly like Greg(g)'s creative use of  acronyms   ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2004, 02:44 PM »
Actually it’s only been moved the Suggestions section.

I would STRONGLY advise reading the post by Josh before adding anything to the thread.

This is all pretty lame…hounding out an unpaid person. Who’s going to want the job in future after all this?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 02:44 PM by Obi-Robz »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2004, 02:52 PM »
Do you get hounded on Rob, does any other mod get hounded on, his ineptitude is costing RS members I don't see why people don't see that over there

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Who moderates the moderators?
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2004, 03:08 PM »
This is all pretty lame…hounding out an unpaid person.

Are you referring to GNT or us?

Gregg's taking things way too seriously over there. From what I can tell, it's a classic example of a power trip; following the letter of the law rather than its spirit.

It's a discussion board for toys, not a debate club. Gregg's acting like a hall monitor, not a moderator. It was a mistake to put someone who's life obviously revolves around the board in a position of power. He's taking everything personally and refuses to admit when he's made mistakes.

Honestly, if he does get ousted, I hope Philip's got a good backup. I certainly wouldn't put it past Gregg to start editing his old threads out of spite. He's done it before.

On one hand, I feel sorry for him if only because he's just not mature enough to handle the responsibility. Unfortunately, he's never commanded the kind of respect other mods have PRIOR to taking on their positions. At most, he was a board mascot.

Gregg needs to hone his socialization skills a lot more, as well as put his money where his mouth is when it comes to post counts. If post counts REALLY aren't such an issue at RS, then Philip should just get rid of them altogether. If that's not possible, Gregg should retire "Bounty Hunter GNT" and start fresh under a new name and post count.

But that would be setting an example, that would show leadership. So far the only lasting examples he's left behind are a padded post count,  several petty thread closings, and a demonstrated inability to be the slightest bit humble.

Gregg's the one that needs moderation. Still.
Post sober.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Do you get hounded on Rob, does any other mod get hounded on,
Not at the moment, but if I start making a few mistakes, of Heaven forbid, expressing a few opinions, who knows? If I were Philip, I might feel a bit backed into a corner over all this.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2004, 03:19 PM »
You should have gotten an actual petition, not simply a thread saying 'Post here'... First off, you've already gotten a bunch of random comments from people who aren't interested in 'saving' RS; secondly, a lot of us have already been banned from RS, thus we're unable to post our 'signatures'.

I don't really care what happens to RS. Philip Wise doesn't give a damn about RS either, it seems.

Sorry about that I was in a rush at the time.  If anyone has a good petition site LMK so I can start one up and paste it in the thead.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Petition is up for now. Petition
If you want to add you name and don't live in fear of being ban sign it. :)
Let's see how long it last.

About as long as I expected.  Don't live in fear of being banned?  I know I would've the moment I typed the letter "M" in that thread.  Several threads I'm interested in commenting on over there, but if I did, it'd likely be my last comment there.

..a lot of us have already been banned from RS, thus we're unable to post our 'signatures'.

Or soon will be.  I'm just curious if the other 100+ RS members that are also currently bashing the crap out of GNT over there have gotten banning notices from Philip too, or if it was just Scott and I...  Pretty sure I already know the answer to that though.

I particularly like Greg(g)'s creative use of  acronyms

What, you mean this "BOTC" nonsense?!   ::)  What a clown.  I'm sure he's trying to get another saying of his to become "the norm" - like Thoughts?  Hopefully he realizes that most of the time people write Thoughts? it's just to mock him.   :P  Actually, what Greg(g)'s doing there is just trying to keep the two lines straight in his head, since he was having some serious confusion about them before.  Even Dustin had to holler at him that he was flat-out wrong about it and to stop his yappin'...   8)

Greg(g), I know that you're reading this thread (and that it's driving you insane that you can't edit/delete/hide it).  You have an open account here at JD, so please feel free to defend yourself if you'd like.  Please, let us know your...

Thoughts?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2004, 03:21 PM »
This is all pretty lame…hounding out an unpaid person. Who’s going to want the job in future after all this?

Rob, the point is that none of the other mods there are getting hounded like this.  Just Greg(g) for the most part, and there's a very obvious reason for that, and the big problem is that that reason is being completely overlooked...