Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586033 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Rebelscum.. is it just me??
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2004, 07:29 PM »
I don't post there much anymore.  I don't post here as much as I used to, only because I've been so dang busy lately.  But RS hasn't been a fun environment for a long while, which is why I migrated happily over here.   :)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Isn't there already a 'scum-bashing thread around here? Let's close this one. :P

I have't posted a lot on Scum lately for a number of reasons some of them being Greg(g) and Greg(g) Jr but I enjoy the stuipdity of they fights they have.

Okay, who's "Greg(g) Jr?"

I haven't been to the RS forums in quite some time. Before I left I instigated some of the rules there but didn't care for the way they were (or weren't) being enforced. Too many absentee mods for my taste and powermad vigilantes who don't understand the rules they do have enough to adhere to them themselves.

I guess that's why I like JD; the consistency in moderation. It's really friendly, by design, by reputation, and by example.

GH is a different animal altogether. The BHC is like a favorite shirt; worn but comfortable. If I had to compare the three boards I'd do it like this:

BHC = VH1 (mostly the stuph I grew up with)
JD = MTV (the beat of the modern collector)
RS = Nickelodeon (juvenile content, mostly a place for kids)

(Or maybe the BHC is my sit-down diner, JD is my favorite fastfood drive thru, and RS is frickin' Chuck E. Cheese's. I don't know...)
Post sober.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2004, 07:47 PM »
RS is frickin' Chuck E. Cheese's. I don't know...)

Sorry, this one got me in tears!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #423 on: June 11, 2004, 08:29 PM »
Isn't there already a 'scum-bashing thread around here? Let's close this one.  :P

Yeah, there might be "a few" floating around here...   :P

But I should point out that when a pretty identical topic pops up here at JD that we've already had before, a couple of us mods with a good memory may be inclined to hit the ol' button (which RS doesn't have), and just slap it right onto the end of the prior one.  We certainly don't expect folks to go looking for the older topics though, and it definitely doesn't bother us in the slightest to merge them, since it's quite simple really, as long as it's cool with the new thread's author, which we'll usually verify.   ;)

That said, I won't be merging this one with any of the older RS "constructive criticism" threads.  Maybe someday down the road I'll create a master "The Official Rebelscum Appreciation Society", and just merge 'em ALL in there.  How'd that be, eh?   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 11, 2004, 09:15 PM »
How'd that be, eh?

Almost sound like your a Canadian Eh! Good day. Eh!  :-*

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 11, 2004, 10:07 PM »
 The prop forum at RS is actually pretty good.  There are a few pissing contests between a few members but the mod (I think it's JOSHEE, but I'm not sure) keeps it under control.  Mostly everyone respects each other’s opinions and it's just a more mature atmosphere.

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2004, 10:33 PM »
I poke my head into the vintage forums at RS.  Use it for the buy/sell/trade aspect and post when I'm feeling contentious, but that's not terribly often or unless someone is being really dumb about something I know a lot about.  

GH is cool, but I just never really got into it that much.  I like it.  A lot.  But...

I like JD better mostly because I know more people here and it is like Cheers.  It's cliquey as all hell, but that's ok, cuz I'm at least part way in.  

Snowtroopers eats up a fair bit of my time too, but second to JD.  It gained a bit of a younger edge with the switch and Koda seemed to get bored/tired so I spend more time here.  Still loyal to it though.  

Face it, I'm old.  I like adult conversation and don't feel any need to be threatened by a pissant 13 year old on daddy's computer ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #427 on: June 11, 2004, 11:38 PM »
...cuz I'm at least part way in.

Exactly what makes you think that?!   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #428 on: June 11, 2004, 11:48 PM »
I go to RS mostly for the Area Reports (as if there was much to report here) and sometimes I'll stick my head in Wuher's, but it's like a grade school cafeteria sometimes.

I forgot my password for GH, and haven't been to the forums since my computer had a little 'accident'. The e-mail I signed up with there is no longer active, and I don't feel like a reregister.

I like this place. You guys put up with my lameass wit. I appreciate that. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2004, 12:10 AM »
I haven't cared much for Rebelscum since last November, when I was permanently banned.  (Henrik, Obi-Rat, Gregggggg, and Phil--you guys can suck my ass.)

I still miss posting over there sometimes, though.  The sheer amount of morons that continue to do their business over there deserve a good beating every so often, but unfortunately, there's not too many people left at Rebelscum to dole out the punishment.

As for Galactic Hunter, well, I think that most of the people over there suck (both mods and members), so I kind of stopped posting over there, too, about the same time last year

JD has pretty much been the only Star Wars-based forum I've posted at in months (with the exception of my ultra lame-ass, Oklahoma City-based "collector's club", Jedi OKC).

I think (and I mean this in all honesty) that if Mr. Pearson wasn't involved with JD, that I'd give up posting on Star Wars sites altogether.  

It's just not fun like it used to be.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2004, 12:45 AM »
Don't make me love you :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2004, 12:53 AM »
...cuz I'm at least part way in.

Exactly what makes you think that?!   ::)

Pr*ck.

Enough people still talk to me.  You don't count :-*

I think Virex speaking of pricks is just sad because Mainland hasn't been around to kick lately.  Tell me I'm wrong.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Actually, I think I'm the only 'youngin' to make the cross over and stay. Maybe that's why I feel so alienated  :P
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2004, 12:58 AM »
Rebelscum is a ghost town nowadays...

but you all already knew that...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2004, 01:00 AM »
Actually, Mainland0 Calrissian getting a job at McDonald's is right up there with Duthro stepping down as a mod, and Fanboy stepping down entirely, as one of the best things that's ever happened to this forum, in my opinion.

I'm lovin' it.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."