Author Topic: A Pleasure Slave and a Gand Findsman: MORE PHOTOS!  (Read 8290 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
A Pleasure Slave and a Gand Findsman: MORE PHOTOS!
« on: October 8, 2006, 01:41 AM »
I know I haven't been posting much, mainly due to school and 1:1 life in general.  But I've thankfully been able to get in some 12" customizing time this fall, and just wanted to share with you a few preliminary shots of my latest two 12" figures.  They're both done, but I haven't yet posted them on my site, and I still have to take more (and better) pictures of them both.

First up, a 12" rendition of Diva Shaliqua, the blue-haired slave girl seen in Jabba's box in Ep. I.  I used a 12" Slave Leia body (& bikini) and the head from Alagua, the first in BBI's line of 1:6 Goth figures.  (I promise it looks more blue than this in real life.)  Naturally, the hair's been restyled and the makeup repainted.  The pants are handmade. 

Secondly, a 12" rendition of my fanfictional Gand Findsman of ages past, Trynfor the Mad.  Almost too many disparate parts to name.  The head, harness, and breathing gear are of course from the Hasbro 12" Zuckuss, and the body is a Hasbro G. I. Joe body, which gives him lots of articulation and makes him taller than Zuckuss.  The clothing is from various Hasbro and non-Hasbro sources; I wish I could take credit for sewing his coat, but it's from this figure..

More to come soon when they're properly posted on my site.  In the meantime, hope you all enjoy!  :)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 01:32 AM by findswoman »

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Two new 12-inchers: a Pleasure Slave and a Gand Findsman
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2006, 08:20 AM »
Truly cool work, as always!

Very nice use of the bbi head on Diva Shaliquam - it looks great with your mods! And, of course, very nice work on the soft-goods & details (pants & bracelets) :) Only suggestion might be to cut the swirls on the pants out of something else (styrene?) & glue them on instead of using just paint. Not sure how that'd work with the leather tho... But, what I really want to know is: where'd you get the feet from? They look so very cool... 8)

And the (legendary) Trynfor looks sooooooo bad a$$! Awesome use of the CyGuy trench! The details here (like those buckles and the side-strips) really make the character come to life & the resulting over-all feel really makes him look like he could kill someone. And I s'pose the black color scheme doesn't hurt either... ;)

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Findswoman,

Excellent work, my wife LOVES your website (she collects 12 inch and is a huge Padme fan; expect a message from her in the near future.)  On the subject at hand, I said it before, these are exquisite. That Gand is awesome and the eyes on the slave are true crafts-woman ship. ( I can be politically correct... see?)

Mike
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2006, 09:50 PM »
wow, you have gotten quite good at these.  Fantastic over all design and cosmetics.  I REALLY  like the color scheme of Diva Shaliqua.   Gand's are one of my fav creatures; even if it is parts swapping, it is still a work of art

Its too bad u cant mass produce these  :'(

:D
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2006, 11:54 PM »
The pleasure slave is very well done, but that Gand is awesome. I love seeing one of these guys in black...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Thanks so much for the comments, everyone!  I'm so glad these are being enjoyed.  :)

Just wanted to announce that I now have TONS more and better photos of both customs posted on my site.  Here they are -- do enjoy:

12" Diva Shaliqua
12" Trynfor the Mad

(Confidential to Darth_Ennis, even though he hasn't posted yet: Thought you'd appreciate that most of these were taken at that "Gutenberg Bible place" in Oakland.  :) )

And now to address individual comments:

Pendragon, I see what you mean about the paint on the "bikini bottom."  I actually tried using glitter glue at first, but it didn't end up sticking very well.  Perhaps eventually I'll find a solution of some sort.  And I'm so glad Trynfor is to your liking -- he is indeed supposed to look like he could kill someone.  (And "CyGuy" is one I'll have to remember!  :D )

Sarge, wow, how honored I am to hear I have a fan already!  :)  Looking forward to hearing from her.  Alas, however, I can take no credit for Shaliqua's eyes; they're just the same ones that were on the BBI Alagua figure.  All I did was fiddle with her makeup a bit to help her look less like Goth-y.

Delicious, yes, I agree, making a Gand Findsman in black just seemed like the right thing to do.  It was about time, I thought... :D

Talon_Karrde, thanks!  I wish I could make more -- but alas, that CyGuy (love that!) is very hard to find nowadays.  :(

Thanks again for the posts and kind words, all!  You make my day!  :)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 01:32 AM by findswoman »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: A Pleasure Slave and a Gand Findsman: MORE PHOTOS!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 02:33 AM »
FINDSWOMAN!!

Wow, so great to see some truly INSPIRING and AMAZING new pieces from you!

These are wonderful!  As always, your softgoods are lovely and beautifully made.

And the Gand is exceedingly imaginative.

Wow!  Some of your best work ever (and that's saying quite a lot!)

Well done!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline UKHistory

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 08:47 AM »
Findswoman,

Do you have a StoreHouse furniture place near you?  I ask because they are going out of business and are giving away large swatches of cloth that you might find useful.

Stripes, solids, suede, many materials with many uses. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Those came out very cool!  As great as Diva is, I really like Trynfor.  The detailing you've captured is amazing.  I've never gotten into the 12" figures but you've done wonders on these two!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Thanks, guys, for the responses! You're all so kind...

UKHistory, 'fraid I've not got a StoreHouse furniture nearby.  Though it does sound like it would have been a great resource. (and a temptation!)  Temptation, since I already have a crazy-big sack of fabrics to use up someway or other, too... :p  Furniture fabrics would indeed be great as carpet or other decorator fabrics at smaller scales.

Quazar! Why thank you, you're awfully nice, as always!  It's been such a long time -- hope you're doing well, and as always, looking forward to seeing whatever YOUR next fine creations are.  'Course, we all know how crazy 1:1 life can be -- I'm feeling that myself right now.

Brent, thanks a bunch -- glad they are to your liking.  One thing I like about 12" scale is that so much detail is possible -- that's part of the challenge, too, of course.

Alas, I haven't been able to do much more customizing at any scale recently, but since tomorrow' (10/18) is my birthday, I may give myself a bit of customizing time as an inexpensive birthday gift to self...!

... the Findswoman

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 05:26 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D :D

Offline ars30

• Youngling
  • What is Understood_ Doesn't need to be Discussed
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Yes, Happy Birthday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Allen

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 10:11 PM »
OMG!! A Findswoman update and I missed it. And a 1/6th one at that. Sorry about that.

But anyhoo.. That Gand is freaking awesome, I love that trenchcoat. Very Matrix, very cool. I'd love to do one in 3 3/4 scale, Excellent work.

I like the Diva too, I've actually seen that Cygirl, but passed on it. Personally I'm waiting fot the Goth French Maid. ;D

I like the details on her feet, Very cool. Man I wish I could sew. :(

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 02:12 AM »
I like the gand a lot, I am actually thinking of stealing your colour scheme to make a 3 3/4" version.  Nice work :)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Thanks for the comments, Darth Ennis and Stormtripper!

You're both perfectly welcome to borrow Trynfor's color scheme at 3.75".  He and I would both be quite honored and would love to see what you come up with!  :)

Darth Ennis, the Goth in French Maid / Gothic Lolita attire (Angel) is now available -- see, for example, the old Joe Infirmary (one of my favorite 12" sources).  I like her outfit, but I find her powder-white face a little weird.  She's got those Ysanne Isard-type eyes (one red and one blue), though...

Thanks again!
... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:30 PM by findswoman »