Author Topic: Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!  (Read 66098 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Upcoming SW Live-Action TV Show Discussion!
« on: February 14, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Not sure where it was mentioned, but I thought  it might of been at Toyfair that the new series would be OT based.  So what will this be about?  All seperate short stories?  Vader, Boba Fett, Empire, Jabba's Palace, Cantina?  There are enough masked characters.   If it is one continuing story I think it may be limited. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:56 AM by Jeff »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Live Action Show Based Around OT?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:06 PM »
(KP International) It has been announced to the joy of Star Wars fans everywhere that George Lucas's world of Jedi knights and wookies will live on in a 100-episode TV series.

The 'Star Wars' movie series ended with last year's prequel 'Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.' That's just where the series will begin, following Luke Skywalker and other beloved characters growing up, as well as the rise of Darth Vader's evil Empire.

The series will attempt to fill in the blanks of the 20-year span between Episodes III and IV.

Don't expect to see any familiar faces from the galaxy far far away, though. The only castmember currently scheduled to appear in the series is Anthony Daniels, who plays C3PO.

"We're very excited we just got confirmation George Lucas has committed himself to writing the 'Star Wars' TV series. I guess this is the news all fans have been waiting to hear," said series producer Rick McCullum. "Hopefully if we can make it work and everybodys excited and watches it we will keep on going.

Taken fro mSympatico/MSN Entertainment from a link on Galatic Hunter. 

I have to say that I am somewhat worried about George writing for the show. His dialogues are not the best in the world, and I think in TV people want more than "O h n o  t h e y a r e c o m i n g t h r o u g h."  as we got in  New Hope or in the love scene in Ep. III. For the most part charaters drive the tv shows, not big wang special effects. I think that is one of the reaons why ST TNG did so well, good story lines, good character development.  Perfect no, but the dialogue never got in the way of the story, 
I'm not sure I see this going a 100 episodes. Hopefully I am wrong. Thoughts?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
TV Show not centered around Skywalker family
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2006, 05:34 PM »
According to a report on the website www.cinematical.com Major Duomo Rick McCallum gives a great hint on what the Star Wars live action TV show holds for us in the near future. He denies rumors that it focuses around a certain young Skywalker, and instead only says "think bounty hunter. That's all I can tell you." Lucas is currently working on the basic concept of the story according to McCallum.

Wow! The adventures of Dengar! I can't wait!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: TV Show not centered around Skywalker family
« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2006, 11:03 PM »
LOL, I'm sure the show is about IG-88 ;)

I'm waiting until closer to premiere time, or until something outright is said on, say, starwars.com, before I assume anything about this show- as I've said, could be great, could be terrible.

That said, if that information is to be believed, it certainly sounds like Boba Fett is part of the plot, which could be a good thing.

I want to see young Lando Calrissian or something though ;) And Rokur Gepta, the Sorcerer of Tund! Okay, maybe not on the Rokur Gepta part.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2006, 11:04 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Well It must Be Boba then we wil get to see this infamous character get older stronger, and become the best killing machine ever. ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Yeah, I saw this last night.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2006, 10:27 PM »
So the show won't be called Star Wars : The Gand Wars starring Zuckuss? Damn  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Well It must Be Boba then we wil get to see this infamous character get older stronger, and become the best killing machine ever. ;D

I'd settle for seeing him actually be the best killing machine ever.  So far, all I've seen him to do is follow Han to Bespin, tattletale to Vader, and then fall into a hole on Tatooine.

::)
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2006, 01:04 PM »

I'd settle for seeing him actually be the best killing machine ever.  So far, all I've seen him to do is follow Han to Bespin, tattletale to Vader, and then fall into a hole on Tatooine.

Now that's just funny.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2006, 08:35 PM »
The Titanium BOssk figure has Bossk standing on what looks like a Lightsaber hilt...  The Fett thing you guys were talking about really has me hoping that some of our favorite (and some unknown) bounty Hunters come into play in the series... 

Name's right that Fett needs a bit of work to earn his reputation.  Something to tie the "no disintegrations" line together would be nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 11:27 PM »
I heard the kid who did Boba in AOTC will be on the show, so it'll most likely be a Fett show! ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 06:59 AM »
I heard the kid who did Boba in AOTC will be on the show, so it'll most likely be a Fett show! ;D

Or he'll play a clone of Boba, Booba, who is dispatched to kill Boba.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 01:20 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458291/fullcredits

Damn it.  >:(

I'm no longer expecting much of anything out of this series, if he really is the principal actor.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:21 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 02:56 AM »
Hah...

Well, if he's it and the whole thing is CGI around him, look out...  Fett takes out every Gungang and podracer in the galaxy while hanging out with Watto and badly animated Hutts.  Yech...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23 AM »
"NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"[/I]

Actually, it might work out okay if that's legitimate information, the Vader quote is more in referense to Jesse's terrifying vision.

...although, it'd be improved if there were a bunch of rebel fleet troopers in it, right? ;)

As I've said before, I'm not holding my breath for this show, but I'll look into it once real/more concrete information really starts popping up. At the moment I'm more eager to catch up on earlier EU books (70s, 1983, and early-mid 90s).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:24 AM by Mitsukara »