Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 60090 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 12:26 AM »
Sadly, in a few months you can put another Vader up there :(

Yup, and then yet another a couple months after that in the Endor wave.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:26 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Pegwarmer?  Everything, except Vader ???  Yeah, I don't get it either, but one per case is working alright around here. 

We're only up to the Carkoon/Hoth waves at this point, but every figure is now seriously warming the pegs quite badly.  Walmart actually stocked stuff finally and they all put out 3-4 cases of the Hoth wave and it's all sitting, much to my surprise.  It's going to take a while before the Geonosis wave shows and forever until Coruscant arrives as well.  I'm sufficiently pessimistic (shock, eh?) that I'll likely go online for the last two announced waves of TSC and probably anything after that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #17 on: April 3, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Peg warmers?  I have seen so few figures that calling any of them a peg warmer is an insult to Nemodian Warriors, and Mon Monthmas everywhere.  Seriously the most I usually ever see on the pegs is 1 to 3 figures, and that is usually Bib or Proggle.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 3, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I guess really Derlin and Riekken are the only things that come close to a pegwarmer in TSC so far, but never more than 4 at a time when they were the only figures left on the pegs.

This is nothing compared to the Zutton and Mas Amedda armies I have seen 35 figures deep.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Its not how many, its how long they've been there  :P and nobody wants bib.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: April 4, 2006, 01:44 AM »
For my area, it's now a LOT of Hoth Wave, and Bib...  Most of the rest of the Carkoon Wave's moved on through by my estimations.  Could be the simple lack of anything on the pegs driving the sales of these duller figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Last night one Target had 9 Hoth Vaders and this morning another on had 12.  Is Hoth Vader the new pegwarmer?  If so then we are going to be thrilled with Bespin Vader, Endor Vaderm Tatooine Vader, Death Star Vader, Pull my finger Vader, Ultimate Vader and Greatest hits Vader.

Gotta love this hobby ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 09:55 AM »
I still have a hard time calling Vader a pegwarmer.

For example, one of the local Targets was up to 11 Vaders after getting a few cases of the Coruscant wave last week.  Now they are back down to only 3 Vaders.

Yeah, they are shipping him at 2x per case in every case, but they seem to still be selling well around here thanks to the kids/moms/grandmas.  Most Vaders disappear within a week or so.

On the other hand, all three of the Bib Fortunas are still there... and they've been there for at least 8 weeks.  Now that is a pegwarmer.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline artooconvoy

• Youngling
  • Beep Boop Whrrr Weee Doop Bloop Sqweeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    • View Profile
    • These are the Tales of the Defeatist Completist
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24 AM »
A local Target has four pegs full of Vader as of yesterday morning.  That's half the space for Star Wars figures devoted to one figure.  They also have two pegs full of Lushros.  The other two pegs had eight figures, three of which are holo Ki-Adi.
"Three suns aligned, pour forth their light, and fill the archer's bow with might." - Cryotek, Spectral Knight

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Every single fig released this year is pegwarming except the following....

Barada, U. Clone, Jango fett, Scorch, Cody, Foul, and any UGH of course.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Last night one Target had 9 Hoth Vaders and this morning another on had 12.  Is Hoth Vader the new pegwarmer?  If so then we are going to be thrilled with Bespin Vader, Endor Vaderm Tatooine Vader, Death Star Vader, Pull my finger Vader, Ultimate Vader and Greatest hits Vader.

Gotta love this hobby ::)

We're still only stuck with the Hoth wave thus far up here, but the hottest figure by far is Vader.  I can't figure it out for the life of me.  It's ok.  It's Vader.  But the cardback is unspectacular up here and it's not a new figure so I don't get the massive appeal to this point.  The Gonk Droid is just sitting on the pegs, not moving and I think that's far more interesting.

I can still find every figure from the Carkoon wave though, including Boba Fett.  I guess that might serve a purpose in that it's prevented TRU from bringing in too much Hoth wave (which is sitting at Walmart, minus Vader) so it might pay dividends when Coruscant comes around (out in Eastern Canada). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Genosis wave here in UT. I see tons of Poggles, lesser degree Sun Fac. Sora Bulq is peg warming to some degree. This is at Target, Wally, and TRU.  I am beginning to think that Poggle is becoming the Nemodian Warrior of last year (so far).
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Bib,Bren & Poggle.... *sigh*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 09:29 AM »
For my area, it's now a LOT of Hoth Wave, and Bib...  Most of the rest of the Carkoon Wave's moved on through by my estimations.  Could be the simple lack of anything on the pegs driving the sales of these duller figures though.

Yeah, Hoth Wave is sitting around up by me (Tagets mostly, no WalMarts) and Bib Fortuna and Barada are sitting around at KMarts. The ATAT Driver was numerous (almost 15 of him) at a Target I was at a week ago.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 01:54 AM »
Right now it varies from what I see.

One Target has more Geonosis Wave than anything which suits me fine since I buy a Sun Fac every time I'm at Target anymore.  Poggle's a major pegwarmer at almost every Target and some TRU's though.

Wal-Marts I hit still hardly even have pegs for figures, much less figures.  Some of the western Wal-Mart stores in the metro area have pegs and some figure remnants I hear but I only hear of 3 WM's really getting anything.  Of the 5 - 7 I hit semi-routinely, no WM has a single figure...  I'd say that half or more of those stores don't have pegs for figures, so they're dead in the water obviously.

Target I see that weird mix though of Hoth, and Geonosis...  Yoda from the COurscant Wave too is sitting and not going anywhere soon.  I did notice tonight a ton of Carkoon at Target though, from I assume repacks as there were smatterings of other "new" old stuff too.

Hoth I saw in mass abundance at TRU till this sale.  The thing of it is, is that TRU won't be bright enough to see they can move product and profit off it with a simple sale like that.  But stores that had 12 pegs (or more in some cases) full of Hoth wave with smatters of Geo/Coruscant/Carkoon waves, but predominantly Hoth figures, are now barren of ANY basic figures.  $4.50 moves toys.

I'd certainly be far less inclined to bitch about the quality too.  $4.50 seems to me to be about what we get in figure for the price, at least by my estimations.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77