Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59843 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I've been seeing lots and lots of Gummi Mundi on the local pegs

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2006, 09:38 AM »
The trend I've been noticing?

-Chewbacca
-Yoda
-Poggle the Lesser
-Sun Fac (puzzling since it's a new sculpt and a great figure)
-Major Derlin

A couple of figures from the Coruscant wave tend to linger a little while longer than others, but they don't hang around for very long.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Things are still selling pretty well around here, but there's a little more pegwarming going on lately.  A week or two ago, both TRU and Wal-Mart had stocked up with the Geo/Carkoon/Hoth mix case, as well as Coruscant figures (missed Cody though).  Almost everything seems to have sold through in the last week or so, with the exception of Poggle, Sun Fac, and Hoth Vader.  Both stores seem to have quite a supply of those, and both of the Targets in town seem to be buried in Derlin, Veers (to a lesser extent), Yoda, and the bugs.  They do seem to have shipped plenty of Vaders, at least by the looks of things right now.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I've been seeing lots and lots of Gummi Mundi on the local pegs

Yeah, I'm noticing lots and lots of this guy joining Bib on the pegs around me too...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2006, 12:31 PM »
In one respect I am a little surprised about what isn't pegwarming.  I thought we might have armies of Barada's sitting around, but they all seem to sell eventually.  Strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2006, 02:42 PM »
The current 'egwarmers:

-Darth Vader (Hoth Gear). This is the Neimoidian Warrior of the TSC line. Seriously, they had about 20 of these on the pegs.
-Sun Fac. Although it does look nice, and I'm sort of tempted to pick it up, i'd like to spend my hard-earned pocket money on upcoming figures, like the Poncho Luke, Hem Dazon, and the DS Gunner.
-Major Bren Derlin. A nice figure it seems, but a MAJOR pegwarmer nonetheless.
-Lushros Dofine. It seems, at least in my area, that this figure is continuing the Neimoidian Curse. Still, he's one of my favorite TSC figures.

Suprisingly, Poggle is pretty scarce around these parts.

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I was surprised to see over 40 Vaders at 3 Targets fly off the pegs.  The one Target with 24 pegs has only 1 figure, bondage Chewie.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2006, 11:18 PM »
the same figures have been at my closest WM lately...

Derlins...
Vaders...
a Veers. Notice how I said a Veers. There's a single Veers that's been there FOREVER.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Combat Chuck

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2006, 11:23 PM »
My local Wal-Mart has a ton of Poggle the Lesser, Sun Fac, and Major Derlin figures. And they... won't... leave... >:(

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2006, 11:26 PM »
I'd rather see the pegs clogged with Sun Fac than that idiot Bren Derlin!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2006, 11:41 PM »
It took a while to tell, but four Major Bren Derlins and four Bib Fortunas say it all.

Sadly, I'd actually buy one each of those figures as I'd like them, but I haven't quite brought myself to paying $6 for either- they're $5 quality and worth $3-$4 to me specifically, and those numbers don't add up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2006, 02:27 AM »
My situation sounds not too disimilar to anyone else's lately...

WM, since they got back into the game, seem to have a lot of Poggle, Bib, and Darth Vader...

Target I see Vader, Chewie, Poggle, Sun Fac (here and there though, not massive abundance, just one or two), Yoda (tons of him), Derlin, Snowtrooper, and I'm noticing Holo Mundi now and again more than I had been seeing him.

TRU is barren since the sale...  Barely any basic figures.  Some have none at all.  Stores that had a minimum of 10 pegs or so are whiped clean of basics save for the odd ROTS leftover like Mothma.

Other than that though I can't think off-hand of too many others...  I do see Derlin too at almost every store, but not in the HUGE quantities I used to see him at. T RU had the most and he is now long gone with the sale.  Same with Veers who used to be a big pegwarmer here as well.

Pegs are backing up with the stuff listed though...  Target's fairly full of junk.  Vader and Yoda I see the most at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Since my local WM's have always been in the game this year to date..it's nice to see they're finally sending figures back east/not so nice to see the pegwarming trends worsening :(.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2006, 12:31 PM »
The bad thing about our Wal Mart is supposedly they won't "restock" until they've sold enough. And they seem to consider new waves "restocking" because there sit my 8 friends, but the Coruscant Wave which sold out in about 2-3 days has been gone over a week.

Other than those 8 figures, they've got 1 each of a few other figures; Boussh Leia, Poggle the Lesser, Barada, and General Rieekan. So with 12 figures on the shelves they can't be bothered with silly old "Coruscant Wave" or "VTSC" figures, because they've got some hot items all the kids and collectors will love out already. And the great thing is they don't even have to restock because the shelves are constantly filled with best-sellers. Right.

And I never saw one Chewbacca or Boba Fett here. :(

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 07:16 AM »
Over here, any VOTC or VTSC is gone the moment its out  (sometime even before that, damn extended families that have friends and family memebers that work there, grrrrrr.) As for peg warmers, read

one or two Leia, boushh
Han, carbonite
scads of Bib fortuna and Barada
one Yoda
one Chewbacca, prisoner
one Colonel Bren Derlin

all at 6.99 to 7.99

and thats all folks not even a stinking Vader, Sun Fac or the Poggle rehash, plus we get everything later and in lower quantities down here in Hawaii.  Can some one pick me up at least 2-4 Sun Facs?  I'll trade for'em, either figures or custom fodder.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes