Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59853 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2006, 12:50 AM »
In the Chicago area the trend is:

Scuzzy Wal-Marts: Vader & Lushros
TRU: Bib Fortuna, Chewie & Yoda
Target: Derlin & Yoda  (And ROTS vehicle asst, I know thats not the question at hand but they are warming pegs. Kinda scary for the future assortments)

The worst part is Hasbro is dumping that 500th Vader on us again with some new bespin boxes. "Its a trap to buy him again!" ??? :-[

If you dont go first thing before work you aint finding squat. 3 more UGHs basic figs to go......
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:50 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
So whats warming the shelves in your neck of the woods?
« Reply #61 on: May 6, 2006, 11:50 AM »
This is a little thread I like to post every now and then just to check what is rotting on the shelves in your neck of the woods.

I live in Seveirville Tennessee which is about 10 miles on your way to Gatlinberg. there isnt much out here as far as stores are concerned, but we have a few.

As far as whats stinking up the shelves here at our local Wally World, nothing but Hoth Vaders. Theres a smattering of Derlinns and Gummi Mundis. and even the occasional Dofine but Poor Vader takes the cake. Noibody wants him.

We got the VTSC wave last weekend and like sharks at a feeding frenzy the were wiped out by monday. All save for Greedo we have about 4 of these poor green buggers rotting.

How are things in your neck of the woods?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: So whats warming the shelves in your neck of the woods?
« Reply #62 on: May 6, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Vader, derlin, an AT-AT driver.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 6, 2006, 12:00 PM »

We got the VTSC wave last weekend and like sharks at a feeding frenzy the were wiped out by monday. All save for Greedo we have about 4 of these poor green buggers rotting.

And I love this figure.  4 and counting.  Can't get enough.  I pray it dips to clearance prices so I can take the rest of the peg home on the cheap.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 6, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Lushros Dofine and Sun Fac
I remember my dream now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 6, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Current pegwarmers in NoVA Targets:

-Major Bren Derlin
-Darth Vader (Hoth Gear)
-Sun Fac
-Lushros Dofine
-SW Transformers
-SW Customs (God I hope that line dies a quick and painful death)
-TSC Assault Vehicles

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: May 6, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi is starting to warm up the pegs at every Target near me.  He was selling well a few weeks ago, but slowly he's multiplying -

- two weeks ago, there was just 2 of them hanging on the pegs...
- then last week, it was 4...
- and now this week, there's 5...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Dang you guys have it lucky the only warmers here are Bib,Bren,Vader,Poggle & Ki!I have yet to see anything besides Bib,Han,Leia,Chewie,Barada,Bren,Veers,Snowtrooper,Vader,Poggle,Lushros,Ki & Foul.But for everything except Ki,Poggle,Vader,Bib & Bren I only saw once! :'(
« Last Edit: May 6, 2006, 10:44 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: May 8, 2006, 03:07 AM »
Holo Ki's definitely sitting here...  Tonight I saw a lot of:

-Bib Fortuna
-Bren Derlin (holy hell did I see a lot of him)
-Darth Vader (I'm sick of him...  He's the only figure I see at every retailer at this point.  From K-Mart to KB to TRU to WM to Target...  They all have a TSC Vader, and some have him in huge quantities)
-Poggle
-Riekean

These are the biggies...  I see a lot less Veers than I used to though.  He and Han/Leia from Carkoon are surprises to me that they're moving this well.

I see other stuff but it generally is selling as fast as it arrives...

VTSC is a rarity out here.  I saw my first sets tonight at retail at Target.  TRU/WM have no sign of them on the pegs, or even pegs/shelf space for them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2006, 07:34 PM »
In the Chicago area the trend is:

Scuzzy Wal-Marts: Vader & Lushros
TRU: Bib Fortuna, Chewie & Yoda
Target: Derlin & Yoda  (And ROTS vehicle asst, I know thats not the question at hand but they are warming pegs. Kinda scary for the future assortments)

Update in Chicagoland:
Scuzzy Wal-Marts: Vader & Geonosis Wave 3 (Except Scorh/Utapau)
TRU: Wiped out...all of them!
Target: Derlin, Yoda, Vader, Grevious Demise, ROTS vehicle asst, I know thats not the question at hand but they are warming pegs. Kinda scary for the future assortments...some repacks have trickeld through)

TRU has alot of ask Yodas he is now only $14.99! I had to pick him up, its such an annoying toy! Also its the pinnacle of geekdom to have one!
I love it!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Actually here in tennessee we also have an abundance of Titanium figures stinking up the aisles. Both varieties of fett and Vader are just begging for clearance. Bossk has showed up as well, but he actually seems to be moving. Still no sign of the Titanium trooper though.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2006, 05:55 PM »
The worst part is Hasbro is dumping that 300th Vader on us again with some new bespin boxes. "Its a trap to buy him again!" ??? :-[

Um...I believe it is the 500th Vader  ;)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17 PM »
VTSC is a rarity out here.  I saw my first sets tonight at retail at Target.  TRU/WM have no sign of them on the pegs, or even pegs/shelf space for them.

Really? Last weekend, VTSC were in abundance at Robinson. I picked up the whole wave (except Greedo) as well as another extra Biker Scout in one visit!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 08:48 PM »
The worst part is Hasbro is dumping that 300th Vader on us again with some new bespin boxes. "Its a trap to buy him again!" ??? :-[

Um...I believe it is the 500th Vader  ;)

My mistake.
Regardless we are stuck with him again!
UGH!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2006, 01:15 AM »
Update for my area...  Still the same more or less.

-Target's are loaded with Vaders and Derlins...  Sometimes you see something else like Poggle or whatnot, not a lot else though.  I am seeing TONS and TONS now of the Demise of Grievous figure (who'd have thought that  ::) ), and I see lots of the Senate Skirmish set at SOME Targets...  Others, not so much.

-TRU...  Pretty different as they just restocked.  They put out lots of Geonosis and Coruscant Waves, and now the usual suspects of both waves linger...  Lushros, Gummy Ki-Adi, Poggle, C-3PO (I see him a bit more lately oddly enough), and some still had a handful of Hoth remnants like Derling but not much.

I'm also now seeing lots of Gunships at some TRU's...  Kind of like the skirmish battlepack.  Some have only 2 or 3, while one I saw the other day had as many as 10 if not more Gunships.

-Wal-Mart...  Mostly Geonosis remnants though a few have Lushros and Gummi Ki-adi too...  And Vader.  They have Vader in abundance just like Target.

VTSC isn't pegwarming really but I do see Greedo and Han semi-routinely.  Luke and the Scout I never see ever, and I've seen Sand People once or twice but they were gone when I was back where I saw them.

I also hardly see VTSC at all at TRU (only at one I frequent actually) and I've yet to see any sign of VTSC at Wal-Mart here at all.  No pegs for them, and no space at all I can see....  I only see VTSC regularly now at Target.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77