Author Topic: Any TSC Pegwarmers?  (Read 59847 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Any TSC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #90 on: September 3, 2006, 01:32 AM »
No Lushros at Target, at Walmart he's abundant.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 3, 2006, 08:52 AM »
I have to say that this greatest battles wave is starting to look like they could be around awhile. Padme, C-3PO, Palpatine, R2, R4, and AT-TE sure are taking up a lot of space at the targets and walmarts I visit. Eventually those troops and R2 will move, but 3PO has the endor one with cool accessories sitting right along side it (theroretically at least), and Padme is still available on the ROTS card in places.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 3, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Dang, still? Those will be there as long as TPM Nute then.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 03:19 PM »
After checking the pegs the last few days, it seems the biggest pegwarmers - at least around here - are the Greatest Battles figures.  There are quite a few at both Target and TRU (which also have a couple of Lushros and Hem Dazons), but Wal-Mart is absolutely dripping with these things.  It seems like all of them are there too, or at least were the last time I checked.  I was hoping today to find the Naboo/Endor wave that is supposed to be hitting right now according to some reports, but there's no way they could fit anything else on the pegs.  On the bright side, it looks like our WM is finally starting to clearance out the VTSC - at $7.00 each so far.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Lushros Dofine- I may need to start army building these things, to clear the pegs
Bespin Vader- Hasbro ships too many Vaders!
Hoth Vader- Same as above
Cheif Chirpa- Ewoks don't seem to do good, strange because this is the first new Ewok in a while
Hoth R2- The strange thing is I never found this guy with his original wave
Jerjerrod- Imperials don't do good, which is sad
H&V- I only saw Vaders, 3POs, Wookiees, Palps, Maces & Electronic R2s
Diety 3PO- Strange, people elsewhere are having problems finding him

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Lushros Dofine- I may need to start army building these things, to clear the pegs
Bespin Vader- Hasbro ships too many Vaders!
Hoth Vader- Same as above
Cheif Chirpa- Ewoks don't seem to do good, strange because this is the first new Ewok in a while
Hoth R2- The strange thing is I never found this guy with his original wave
Jerjerrod- Imperials don't do good, which is sad
H&V- I only saw Vaders, 3POs, Wookiees, Palps, Maces & Electronic R2s
Diety 3PO- Strange, people elsewhere are having problems finding him

Stange we can't seem to keep Chirpa on the pegs long here!
The only other difference between my list and yours currently is I would add Gummi Mundi, there's always at least a peg and a half dedicated to him ..I'd say he's second to Lushros who usually commands 2 full pegs.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2006, 11:02 AM »
I only found 1 Ki. I forgot him. Hasbro should of just re-packed the ROTS one. Would of been cheaper & would of gone faster. I'm going to my good WM later, or TRU. I'll post the warmers.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Hero's and villians peg warmers:
Vader
Padme
C-3po
Wookie Warrior
Poggel the Lesser

Basics
Hem Dazon
Moff Jerjerrod
R5
Vaders
Hammerhead

On a side note Scorches and Cody's are becoming very abundant
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 11:31 PM by tonphanan »
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2006, 11:30 PM »
its sad that hem is a pegwarmer hes so cool. WHY LUSHROS? LUSHROS SUCKS!!!!!! How does it always happen 2 be nemoidians. nute, nm warrior, now this? GRRR oh btway, derlin's been in no show in ca for a while now
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2006, 04:27 PM »
It's all Heroes and Villians here. So much they're spilling onto the basic figures pegs.  >:(
I remember my dream now.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2006, 05:48 PM »
its sad that hem is a pegwarmer hes so cool. WHY LUSHROS? LUSHROS SUCKS!!!!!! How does it always happen 2 be nemoidians. nute, nm warrior, now this? GRRR oh btway, derlin's been in no show in ca for a while now

For what it's worth, I bought two Nemoidian warriors, thinking they'd release the commander up here so i could have a little squad of em...thanks to hasbro not bringing the final 12 up here, that didn't happen...now they're flanking Dooku (not a big fan of the SBDs)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2006, 09:35 PM »
The most telling thing on the pegs right now is when I look back along the top and see nothing but big orange "EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH" lining the tops of cards.  I liked ROTS as much, if not more, than the next guy, but the massive rerelease of last year's product has bombed from a retailer perspective.

That being said, here's what's pegwarming in my neck of the woods these days:

-Lushros Dofine, whose existence has, I think, dashed my hopes for a ROTS Nute Gunray at this point

-Poggle the Lesser:  Sun Fac has finally flown away, yet Poggle remains

-Holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi:  Oh Gummi Conehead, how you mock me!

-Hem Dazon:  Just so the OT purists don't have a chance to point out out how all of the pegwarmers are PT figures.  And speaking of...

-Garindan:  Probably the most undeserving pegwarmer of the bunch.  He's just a great figure, IMO.

-Moff Jerjerrod:  Need an angry, bowlegged, Imperial Officer en masse?  Well, Hasbro's got you and Wal-Mart and Toys R Us covered!

-Greatest Battles and Heroes and Villains:  Unless you're a Clone of one sort or another, you're a pegwarmer.  And even the Shocktroopers are starting to sit.

And my vote for pegwarmer of the future...the Naboo Flight Crew Soldier.  Wal-Mart Numero Uno has gotten about five cases of the Endooine wave so far, and the only figure who remains is the Naboo Mongoloid.  Hey kids, get your generic guy in a mustard yellow flight suit for your GI Joe aircraft carrier!  Again, Naboo Slack Jawed Yokel yes, but ICMG no...

And just for the sake of me being able to bitch about it, if I see one more Titanium Sandtrooper or Bossk I'm going to go postal.  I have yet to see hide nor hair, even online at Hasbro's very own webstore of the Clone Trooper and IG-88, yet Threepio and Grievous are apparently in the pipeline with Jango, R2-D2, Luke, Maul, and an AOTC Clone coming soon.  Who wants to bet that the Jango and all subsequent figures don't even get released to regular retail?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2006, 10:14 PM »
At this point even Lushros is gone in ca. it's ALL gb+hv. Padmes, and 3po's and palpys, and r2's, and ani's, and obi's, oh my! this means i have had 0 new TSC's in almost two months except for an Endor luke and Naboo Obi i got off a trade a few weeks ago, i just mean at general retailers e.g. the Target a block away from my house that I DEPEND ON for 80% of all my stuff. the good target is twenty minutes away and the nearest wm is half an hour away and it always SUCKS! next time i see a single gb padme i will throw it on the ground, stomp on it repeatedly, rip the bar code off, smuggle it out of the store along with the other 25 likely to hang next to it, take it home, start a masive bonfire, burn them and make smores over their rotting, 12-points of articulation, plastic BODIES!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:( !!! sorry. had to get that out. it's a great sculpt, just, i have four...  :o  :o  :o  :o ...teen
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 10:16 PM by PITDROID1468 »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2006, 10:30 PM »
And my vote for pegwarmer of the future...the Naboo Flight Crew Soldier.  Wal-Mart Numero Uno has gotten about five cases of the Endooine wave so far, and the only figure who remains is the Naboo Mongoloid.  Hey kids, get your generic guy in a mustard yellow flight suit for your GI Joe aircraft carrier!

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks! ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Pegwarmers in my area vary, but Epic Battles sure is on the list at this point... 

Lushros is up there though, Vaders of all kinds still sit...  The only consistant sellers are the troopers out there.  LOADS of Epic Battles in those pre-packaged sets, but the DSGunners and the Shocktroopers steadily sell.  I cannot fathom Hasbro's fears on army builders at this point.  They have to realize the guys in armor, if they were in the film at least, have steady sales potential at this point.  I mean I have seen DOZENS of Shocktroopers now at various stores, only to go back and see 2, maybe 3...  It's really astonishing, and even at a jacked up price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77