Author Topic: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper  (Read 35901 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper
« Reply #105 on: June 3, 2007, 02:22 PM »
I picked up 4 of these guys tonight. Other than a few with slightly warped helmets I think my biggest concern is how loose the damn torso is on these guys. Mine feels like it is about to break off, and it is hard to position it without it moving. I noticed Darth_Anton's (the first oen I ever saw open) had the same problem.

I'm having the same problem with mine, Ryan.  All three of the ones I've gotten and opened have incredibly loose torsos for some unknown reason.  I'm hoping that Hasbro fixes this in future shipments of the figure, as it's something that a lot of people (myself included) want multiples of, and it would be nice to have them stand at attention instead of falling backwards. :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #106 on: June 3, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Bend him back a little, so you can see the inner joint of it, Take a tube of super glue, pour some in (a very small amount), And continue moving the torso ball joint around, the glue wil spread and dry giving a bit of roughness to work against. I use this when I customize, you just have to continue moving the joint :-*

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 4, 2007, 01:42 PM »
I picked up one of these the other night and i'm rather pleased. The removeable helmet is a nice touch and I haven't really had any problems other than the ankle joints being very stiff...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 4, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Bend him back a little, so you can see the inner joint of it, Take a tube of super glue, pour some in (a very small amount), And continue moving the torso ball joint around, the glue wil spread and dry giving a bit of roughness to work against. I use this when I customize, you just have to continue moving the joint :-*

For a second there I thought I was reading something from a gay mens magazine.  ;D
Not there's anything wrong with that.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 4, 2007, 02:28 PM »

For a second there I thought I was reading something from a gay mens magazine.  ;D
Not there's anything wrong with that.

Obviously not, given you seem to have some reference point to which you can recall.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 4, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Mmm Hmmm

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #111 on: June 4, 2007, 05:30 PM »
I found 3 the other day and took the heads off Comic Han and Luke so I have movie accurate versions. I am shocked, I like the tantive Stormtrooper better for army building. I do not feel the need to have Stormtroopers with removable helmets. Still a good figure with improved white molding. It would have been nice to get a rifle with him too. I am also happy the blaster actually fits in the holster this time.

My waists were actually tight.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 4, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I am shocked, I like the tantive Stormtrooper better for army building.

I'm reading this a few times on a couple sites, and I'm trying to figure out why exactly.  I agree, no removeable helmets for me, but other than that, does he not look like a Stormtrooper?  The Tantive ones are nice, but they don't have the gun holster as well as having the open slot in the back.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: June 5, 2007, 12:53 AM »
For the record I've got zero of #20 so far, but man-oh-man...  :)  I'm really excited at the prospect of building up my basic Stormtrooper ranks extensively.

About the T4 Trooper, I like him a lot too but I wouldn't say I like him more or less honestly...  I just like him.  He's a little diversity to the white armored ranks, and the slot's nice if you want some clean troops with packs ya know?  But I'm just ecstatic to be getting a SA stormie in the mix that isn't covered in muck...  Been a long time coming.

I just hope Hasbro's got good, smart, well thought remix waves in the works for 2007 because I can't speak for the rest of you but I'm not done building Wave 1 and 2 armies, and now Wave 3 is here...  They could do solid army builder cases (2 of any given army builder) and I think they'd be putting out some solid figures that would move well.  Hell even the Rebel Honor Guard is a tough find in Pittsburgh and people predicted him a pegwarmer.  Dude's been a pain to find...  I have 3 and only 1 was bought at a store, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 5, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Somehow, I've managed to snag 9 so far with 6 additional pending.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 5, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I've gotten my requisite 2 and really like how they look.  I'm sure I'll come across more, so if people are having a hard time finding these I'll make sure I spread the wealth...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 5, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I guess I've changed my ways some.  I am passing on this figure completely, save for possibly a couple to display with their helmets off or for Han/Luke versions.  I did pick up two for a local friend, but when I saw the helmets, I was really turned off by them and he was too.  Yuck.  Glad I've got about 40 of the Tantive IV Stormie.  I got rid of all my VOTC (around 30 or so) and I think all my commtech ones (150) are gone too now.  Just don't have a need for extra versions that I don't like as much.

:P

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 6, 2007, 11:30 AM »
I think this Figure is pretty solid - and I like the price better than the VOTC price.  I'll probably buy whatever I see of them.

Which so far is 2. 

And this has probably been discussed, but what's up with the little empty spot in the packaging near the gun?  Looks like maybe his little backpack thing was supposed to go in there but was stuck on the figure instead?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #118 on: June 6, 2007, 11:44 AM »
And this has probably been discussed, but what's up with the little empty spot in the packaging near the gun?  Looks like maybe his little backpack thing was supposed to go in there but was stuck on the figure instead?

I found that odd too, as well as the recessed section down by the feet.  ???
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 6, 2007, 02:03 PM »
For the record I've got zero of #20 so far, but man-oh-man...  :)  I'm really excited at the prospect of building up my basic Stormtrooper ranks extensively.

About the T4 Trooper, I like him a lot too but I wouldn't say I like him more or less honestly...  I just like him.  He's a little diversity to the white armored ranks, and the slot's nice if you want some clean troops with packs ya know?  But I'm just ecstatic to be getting a SA stormie in the mix that isn't covered in muck...  Been a long time coming.

I just hope Hasbro's got good, smart, well thought remix waves in the works for 2007 because I can't speak for the rest of you but I'm not done building Wave 1 and 2 armies, and now Wave 3 is here...  They could do solid army builder cases (2 of any given army builder) and I think they'd be putting out some solid figures that would move well.  Hell even the Rebel Honor Guard is a tough find in Pittsburgh and people predicted him a pegwarmer.  Dude's been a pain to find...  I have 3 and only 1 was bought at a store, haha.

I hear ya Jesse. I have only found Luke from wave3. And strangely enough I just need to AB the Rebel Honor Guard as well from wv2. Other than that fig, I don't need to AB any more from waves 1 and 2. The Stormie is going to be VHTF in our area. I know there are several ABs besides us in the area. In a way you're lucky being a little out of the way. The stores around me get so picked over by the time I'm done with work. It's one reason I network around the U.S. and make trades/deals all over the place. Otherwise, I'd never be able to find the figures I want.

Not unless Hasbro shipps more ABs like this in a case, and they've already said they are against that. So we just have to hope they show up in refresh cases later. The ABs from wvs 1 and 2 are goign to keep shipping, so I have every reason to believ ethe iconic Stormtrooper will. Heck that figure should practically be available all year round...

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010