Author Topic: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper  (Read 36032 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper
« Reply #120 on: June 9, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Well, since this guy is going over soo well. All your comtech are belong to me :-*

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 9, 2007, 01:03 AM »
Give me a repack of the VOTC Stormie instead with a properly painted helmet mozzel and a more crisp white plastic and I'm in for dozens. 

This helmet gets worse each time I see it -

I think I might hate this figure more than Jesse hates the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #122 on: June 9, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Gtg, Use their VOTC sculpt, they made it hollow. A bit of paint and boom, better quality. :P

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 9, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Actually, Smarty, you reminded me of a thread I posted at RS: I'll gladly trade 5 CT Stormies (no chips left though) for 2 of this Stormie or the T4 Stormie.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #124 on: June 9, 2007, 05:06 PM »
I bought two of these last night. I'm really not pleased at all.  >:(

At least you can put the comic pack Han and Luke heads on them. That's all the use I could find for them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 9, 2007, 07:45 PM »
I don't get why everybody hates this figure. I thought it was the same as the VOTC Stormie, except with  new head?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #126 on: June 9, 2007, 08:10 PM »
I think it's the new head that's the problem. From the neck down, it's OK, but from there up, not so much.

It is good to have a Stormtrooper back on the shelves that doesn't cost $10 or part of a multi-pack, though. It's a step in the right direction like that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 9, 2007, 08:28 PM »
It seems as though the helmets vary.  If it's gotten squished in the package at the packing stage it's more likely to look deformed.  That's because of the pliability of the plastic.  If the plastic was harder it would be less likely to deform.  But then there might be some safety issues involved that are controlling the choice in plastics since the helmet is a small item that could present a choking hazard.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I think they just did a shoddy job on it.  The helmet from the Evolutions AOTC Clone Trooper is removable, and fine.  To me they should be capable of doing the same for a Stormtrooper helmet if they put the efforts in. 

The new Stormie helmet isn't even painted right.  To me this looks like a cheap cop out just to give him a removable helmet.  Biggest letdown in quite some time for me.  But at least there's other options of Stormies to fall back on. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2007, 02:12 AM »
That AOTC standard Clone helmet deforms quite a bit when you put it on the figure, don't kid yourself about that.  The pilot helmet seems to hold up better for what ever reason.  But on the standard clone you'll notice a bump somewhere on the front of the helmet from the nose protruding through.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Well maybe it does slightly, but it's still not too bad.  I've got about 15 of them in a diorama and they blend in very well with the SA phase 1 clones.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2007, 01:38 PM »
Hey, I like the Evolutions Clone despite that defect.  As for this Stormtrooper, I feel the same way.  And I still don't see the appeal of the Tantive IV Stormtrooper since it's just a cleaned up Sandtrooper.  The gear on that trooper is just not correct.  It's got the wrong utility belt and a notch in it's back that doesn't need to be there.

BTW, nice avatar Chewie!

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Actually, Smarty, you reminded me of a thread I posted at RS: I'll gladly trade 5 CT Stormies (no chips left though) for 2 of this Stormie or the T4 Stormie.

PM sent!

BTW, nice avatar Chewie!

Ditto!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Nicklab you're 100% right about the Tantive IV Stormie not being as accurate as it could be.  I just really prefer it for some reason.  It has a more pure white color than the VOTC in my opinion, and to me that's a big part of why I like it so much.  Add to it that I like the helmet a lot, and it has good enough articulation for me.  The only thing I'd change about it if I were to be able to, would be the waist articulation.  Other than that, I'm 100% happy with it.  Glad you do like this new Stormie though, it's just not for me.  I guess with so many versions I'm ok with going with a previous version for my army building.

I like the avatar too.  I wish I could supersize it.   :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2007, 03:23 PM »
I don't get why everybody hates this figure. I thought it was the same as the VOTC Stormie, except with  new head?

The helmet. I'll still get 15. If I find them.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m